6 picture post limit?

Thread: 6 picture post limit?

6 picture post limit?

Hey, Forum question....what's the reason for the 6 picture limit per post? Is that some old hold over from back in the day before the high speed internet revolution to keep page loading times down? Just curious why the limit?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

+1, also is present limit for videos (just 1 per post ).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Have you ever heard of a thing called bandwidth? Everything has its price. When you want to invest in the quality of the site here you are both more than welcome to make a contribution.

And perhaps its also nice to realise that not everybody here has access to high speed unlimited internet.

Cheers,
    Huub

Yep - when I was active before, I donated at every fundraiser. Even when I was damn near broke, I'd still put in at least $5. I felt like crap for donating that little, but it was all I could do at the time. This place has given buttloads to the FS community, with very little in return by comparison. If the site charged even 25¢ per d/l, they'd have enough surplus in the bank that they'd need Jeff Bezos' tax lawyers every year.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Deleted. Not interested in pursuing this topic.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

To follow up Huub's reply, we are attempting to cater for a range of members who have a variety of different services.
    We've had numerous questions over the past several months about the site loading slowly, something out of our control given the present World wide situation.
    The current 6 images per post should be enough for all and remains in place.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Having had a thread where I posted many images (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ound+the+world), I can honestly say the 6 image limit is really not that much of a problem, why you ask? Because while your first post may only have 6, you can reply with 6 more, and 6 more, etc.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Having had a thread where I posted many images (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ound+the+world), I can honestly say the 6 image limit is really not that much of a problem, why you ask? Because while your first post may only have 6, you can reply with 6 more, and 6 more, etc.
    I couldn't really say that but it makes sense to do just that Joe.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Ok, well, I guess let's pursue this.... I'm not trying to start anything here other thsn satisfy my curiosity. I was just really curious what the differences is between posting 18 pictures in say, 3 consecutive posts vs 18 in a single post? In my understanding the only difference is convenience to the poster? Bandwidth seems to not be the reason because 18 images are going to load regardless. So I was just curious what the limit is actually accomplishing aside from the inconvenience factor - ie: is there a technical (IT) reason to impose the limit?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I am pretty sure it was increased to 6 by Ickie a number of years ago.

I wrote a post that I need to support my findings with images and that post was over the 10,000 character limit. He upped the character limit to 70,000 and increased the number of images to what I needed. I can't recall now what the limit was prior to that post.

I have no doubt your original assumption on dial up speeds was correct for the number of pictures in a post prior to the change.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 0