Effect Documentation?

Thread: Effect Documentation?

Effect Documentation?

For those that have accessed the SDK, is there any included documentation that talks about the inner workings of the effect files? I'm trying to rework the flashlight to a more night-friendly red, but it's all just trial and error at the moment. I have it red at the moment, but it's still incredibly bright. I've figured out that the first three color #'s are the RGB values, but are they - or something else? And what's the fourth #? "Enquiring minds want to know!"
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SDK/Documentation/03-Content_Configuration/Visual_Effects/visual_fx_file.html

With the SDK documentation opened, on the left hand panel it is listed under Content Configuration > Visual Effects. Make sure you expand the Visual Effects tab and click in to "Visual effects file". Some of the entries do not seem to be completed yet.

Hopefully that is what you are looking for

Thanks! I'll give that a look later. In the meantime, I opened up the effect I was looking for and it's remarkably similar to the format from FS9. I dug out my old SDK documentation from that and was able to edit what I wanted. So now I have a new head-strap flashlight that won't kill my night vision while I'm powering up my plane at 10 PM on a dark ramp. I've sent one copy off to someone on the other forum that was asking about a better one, and I'll probably upload it here and elsewhere if all goes well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.09.26 - 16.18.51.35.jpg  
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I have this working in my Community folder. If anyone's interested, I can upload it here.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0