Flight Plan Sharing

Thread: Flight Plan Sharing

Flight Plan Sharing

I had an idea. No, no, you don't need to dive under your desk - this time. Since we have a thread for good destinations, I thought we could also do with a thread for full flights. So I propose attaching your zipped pln files and posting a brief description, plus any safety notes such as minimum altitudes. I'll start off with my trip from Winslow AZ to Phoenix by way of the Barringer Crater. There's not much around in the way of nav aids, so GPS is a must, and I recommend something with an autopilot. Since you'll be crossing the Mazatzal Mountains on the way, get up to a minimum of 6000' to clear. At that level, you'll still be lower than the peak off to your left. After that, you can start heading down at your discretion. Field elevation is 1135', so plan accordingly. The area around Sky Harbor is mostly flat.

Please be sure to zip your pln files, and don't upload the pln files directly.

Now for a side note... If you use Bomber12's Lat/Lon method to insert custom waypoints, they show up as "Custom" in the flightplan. But once you save the pln file, you can open it in Notepad++ and that app recognizes the xml format and color codes everything for you. You can then easily find your "Custom" waypoint and change the name. I've done that here, so the Nav Log shows "Meteor Crater" as the first waypoint.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Sounds like a cool idea Tom.

I can't work out where they go though.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I like the idea, Tom! I messaged DaleRFU, as he mentioned in the Screenshot thread about having flown the "Mach Loop". I asked him if he might share that flight plan! NC

I guess I should have mentioned how to find where they go! I guess in theory, one you click the load/save button, you could just navigate to the desktop to either load or save there. Personally, I'm using the default location. To find that spot, click the load/save, then click in the address bar of that window to see and highlight the actual path. What I did from there was to open another File Explorer window like Documents or whatever, then paste that location into the address bar and hit Enter. Once you're there, look on the left nav bar and right click on Quick Access, then pin that location to the list. On my system bought from the MS Store and using the default install location, the files are in ...8bbwe\LocalState​.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I like the idea, Tom! I messaged DaleRFU, as he mentioned in the Screenshot thread about having flown the "Mach Loop". I asked him if he might share that flight plan! NC
    I dont know of a flight plan for the loop but if you Google "mach loop route" you should find plenty of map images of it.
    I must have flown it thousands of times in every sim from FS9 to FS2020 in just about every plane imaginable.
    I usually take of from EGOD Llanbedr runway 18

Here a lap I did in Aerofly FS2 after messing with the terrain tools for it
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I found this on the VRS Forums:

https://forums.vrsimulations.com/for...p?f=93&t=16487

And the download from Flightsim.com at:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=188452

NC

Hoping there is a way to convert the flight plan files to MSFS2020 format.

I think I may know a way. I'll play around with it later.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Here's one from the old days that I converted to the new sim. It's Tamiami to Nassau by way of VOR's. You can either fly the GPS route, or challenge yourself by pulling up the plan, writing down the VOR frequencies, then hitting reset to erase everything, then just load up at Tamiami and go, using old-school radio navigation.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hey Chief - I just checked, and your pln files for the Mach Loop load up just fine with no modification!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Two more... Ted Stevens to Kodiak by way of VOR's, then a loop around Kodiak Island for a T&G at every strip before putting back in at Kodiak.

I really should think about actually flying these some time.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0