Extreme 3D Pro joystick blocks screensaver Win 10

Thread: Extreme 3D Pro joystick blocks screensaver Win 10

Extreme 3D Pro joystick blocks screensaver Win 10

In windows 10 version 2004 with P3D V4.5 and extreme 3D Pro joystick I've recently noticed that my screen saver and power save options will not function unless I either deactivate the USB port for it
    or the joystick (remove the USB plug) then all it well. I use the Nvidia 1060 GeForce GPU.

I've also notice that Nvidia does not provide the Control Panel but can get as App from M$. I've tried that version and it states it is not compatible with my driver.

I have disabled the USB settings, that was working then same issues returned.

I've seen on other blogs same issues with the Logitech JS blocking the power settings and screen saver. I suspect one of the M$ updates caused the Logitech issues.

Anyone else experience this and did you find a fix for this?

Thanks

I get the same thing, but it's sporadic. I just unplug my USB hub to be sure.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I get the same thing, but it's sporadic. I just unplug my USB hub to be sure.
    You pull the usb plug? Or, disable the HID in Device driver?

I just pull the plug. Everything but my keyboard/mouse receiver is plugged into a USB 3.0 hub with a separate power supply. That, and an HDMI cable to the monitor make up a makeshift dock for my laptop. One plug gets that connected to an external optical drive, memory card reader, X52, and the webcam on top of my monitor.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I just pull the plug. Everything but my keyboard/mouse receiver is plugged into a USB 3.0 hub with a separate power supply. That, and an HDMI cable to the monitor make up a makeshift dock for my laptop. One plug gets that connected to an external optical drive, memory card reader, X52, and the webcam on top of my monitor.
    I forgot to mention I have one of those also.

https://www.newegg.com/p/0J2-01CM-00...&source=region

Sounds like your rig is a laptop. I'm using desktop. I have a few extra USB ports on my MOBO that I've connected the Logitech to and have same issues as using the usb hub. I've had to disable the
    HID device driver then I see that my JS is not working but the power saver does. Then, I will remove the device in devices/printers and physically remover the USB and then reinsert it - at this point
    it is a crap shoot - sometimes I will have both the JS and the power saver or one but not the other. Like you said earlier it is sporadic.

Not too long ago, I use to not have this issue but I sure wish I knew a fix for this. I remember a few Win 10 updates ago, everything was fine.

Everything is fine now but if I reboot, the issue will return and I have to do a plug/unplug and pray.

I just now ordered a new USB 3 hub with separate power supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I currently have one that is powered thru the computer power supply. I think I will like the new one as it as individual switches to each USB connector.
    I guess the advantage of a separate PS is it takes the load off the computer PS.

Yep. Separate power means that the ports can actually give you 3.0 data speeds when working with large files on either a thumb drive or optical.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

A work around

I've discovered what may be a work around for this issue.

After the rig boots, go the device manager (WIN + X) and disable the
    Logitech HID then re enable it and my power saver and or screen saver
    will function. Kind of bypassing what ever Win 10 loaded in the registry
    or boot script dealing the the USB's (especially with the Logitech JS)

Don't know what M$ upgrade broke this. Hope they fix it.

Would of liked a .bat file to bounce the USB device controller off then back on (disable/re enable)

Members who have read this thread: 0