Need some administrative help

Thread: Need some administrative help

SOH-CM-2024

Need some administrative help

I just got through converting all of the payware Flight Replicas Bf-109F package's .bmp textures to DDSDXT5 format. Got rid of that black disk for a prop blur with a new texture and added swastikas for those that want them. Also added a repaint of Franz Ziegler's Bf-109F-4. Tried to upload the new textures here at SOH and got a message that the Upload was too large! What gives, the entire package of textures are only 155 MB zipped and the Upload says that zip files can be as large as 715 MB. Please inform.

When This Happened

When this happened to me a couple months ago I found that the thumbnail photos I was trying to send were too large NOT the zip file. Check how large your photos are and reduce their size to the recommended size of 488 kb no larger. You can find this out by choosing properties of the jpg.

That should be where the problem is. Shrink the image and it will go in.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

SOH-CM-2024

Thanks guys

Sure that is the problem. Will resize and ship the zip up. If you have this payware, I am sure you will prefer these textures to the .bmp textures.

Cazzie

SOH-CM-2024

That was the issue

The zip et al went up should be in the Warbird Library soon under WW II Skins or my Username.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Sure that is the problem. Will resize and ship the zip up. If you have this payware, I am sure you will prefer these textures to the .bmp textures.

Cazzie
    Looking forward to this one. Very grateful.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Looking forward to this one. Very grateful.
    It's up, just go to the Warbird Library and click New. Should be at the top.

SOH-CM-2024

DDS textures for the payware Flight Replica Bf-109F for FSX

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: These are all replacement textures for the Flight Replicas Bf-109F for FSX. The main fuselage and, wings, and stabilizers have been doubled in size to 2048-pixels, then saved in a DDSDXT5 format. If you desire not to replace the .bmp textures, take them to a separate folder and save them to replace my DDS textures. I don't think you will if your rig is fast enough.

I also made a prop blur to replace that atrocious black blur in the original for all flight models. The Thumbnails were left in their original condition without swastikas, except for my repaint included of Franz Ziegler's JG27 F-4. For that reason and in case the Europeans would like DDS textures without the swastika, I have included a separate folder of the fuselage textures without swastikas. The folders contain all the needed textures, simply replace the existing texture folders with my folders. For those not wanting or by law not allowing swastikas, you will have to open the optional folder with the fuselage texture and replace those in the new DDS textures. These are also in DDS format.

No tweaking of any .cfg needed except for the Messerschmitt Bf-109F-4 where I added Ziegler's aircraft. The information needed to be added to that .cfg is found in the Read Me file within the Messerschmitt F-4 folder.

Cazzie

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DDS textures for the payware Flight Replica Bf-109F for FSX
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Members who have read this thread: 0