FS 2004 AI Spitfires

Thread: FS 2004 AI Spitfires

FS 2004 AI Spitfires

Transfered from the Wardbirds Library, I posted it in the wrong place, sorry about that..

I've downloaded the file FS 2004 AI Spitfies.zip from

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=114&
    id=22689

Both planes, the MK1-A and MK5-B are great and work fine as AI planes. I
    made myself a pâintkit for them so I can repaint them as I wish. The only part
    I can't repaint is the propeller, I can't find it anywhere on the bmp files
    that come with the download.

Can anyone please tell me how to repaint the propeller, like for instance a red hub with black yellow-striped, or tipped, blades, for these aircrarft ?

Thank you so much fpr your kind help and cooperation.

Pierre_NC.

If you can't find a bitmap for the props, they are probably
    modelled as coloured parts within the model
    ( .mdl) file itself. So not changeable by the user.

However, if you are prepared for a LOT of trial and error
    the MDLMAT program can be used to change colours of parts of the model, but, iirc these are limited to 8 bit colours, and can mess up other things on the model that are colour modelled same colour, I tried with one model ( not an AI one) and ended up with bright blue landing gear.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    If you can't find a bitmap for the props, they are probably
    modelled as coloured parts within the model
    ( .mdl) file itself. So not changeable by the user.

However, if you are prepared for a LOT of trial and error
    the MDLMAT program can be used to change colours of parts of the model, but, iirc these are limited to 8 bit colours, and can mess up other things on the model that are colour modelled same colour, I tried with one model ( not an AI one) and ended up with bright blue landing gear.

Ttfn

Pete
    Well, it's better than norhing and I'll give it a try when I find that MDLMAT program.

Thank you so much for your help.

Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre_NC View Post
    Well, it's better than norhing and I'll give it a try when I find that MDLMAT program.

Thank you so much for your help.

Pierre
    Here --- > http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/beta.htm

(it's been beta for years and years; don't worry about it)

ttfn

Pete

Well, well, well.... That MDLMAT is nothing like I thought it would be and you're right, it's very hazardous, you'don"t even know which part of the model you're dealing with. I guess patience is the key here. A lot of triail and error, did you say ? You couldn"t be more right.

Yet something doesn't add up here. The propeller (hub and blades) is all grey on the MK1-A model, which does fit the color as part of the model. .

See the first pic.

The MK5-B model, on the other hand, has its propeller with a white or very light green hub whereas the blades are black with yellow tips.

See the second pic.

Can the color as part of the model be that much precise ? I might be wrong, but MDLMAT certainly doesn't make me think so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spitfire MK1-A.jpg   Spitfire MK5-B.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0