Red Bull

Thread: Red Bull

Icon2 Red Bull

Seems like they're much more forgiving/tolerant/supportive with Albon than they were with both Kivyat and Gasly.....

Icon2

Gasly was definitely today happy after making that pass.....

Red Bull more or less ran out of talents. It seems Red Bull has a similar problem as Honda in MotoGP. The RB16 seems to work for the first rider. Anyone else who tries to drive this car fails..... Red Bull now has to take a decision whether they continue with their own talents or take the risk and hire someone like the Hulk which is also not an automatic guarantee for success. And I'm not sure anyone really desires a seat behind Max.

Just my personal view,

Huub

Icon2

Actually,
    I think Red Bull's problem is that they treat the other driver like crap - as evidenced with Webber and Ricciardo.

I don't think "The Hulk" even wants to go into that crap situation.

That being said, like I said in the first post here, RB seems to be changing it's tune a wee bit with Albon and are more forgiving with Albon than they were with Kivyat and Gasly....

That's what I tried to say. When they want to follow their own philosophy, they ran out of options. When they keep Albon in the seat they have to justify this. After what happened with Kivyat and Gasly you can't keep him in this seat and tell the world that you are dissatisfied.

Obviously Red Bull is clear about the first and second driver. Whether you can call this "treating the second driver as crab" is something I can't judge. But I see more teams where the first driver gets (much) more privileges than the second driver.....

Cheers,
    Huub

A small side note: Today was considered a sort of close finish as Max finished within 8 seconds from Valtteri. Today in the MotoGP the first 8 rider finished within 7 seconds.....

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    That's what I tried to say. When they want to follow their own philosophy, they ran out of options. When they keep Albon in the seat they have to justify this.

Obviously Red Bull is clear about the first and second driver. Whether you can call this "treating the second driver as crab" is something I can't judge. But I see more teams where the first driver gets (much) more privileges than the second driver.....

Cheers,
    Huub

A small side note: Today was considered a sort of close finish as Max finished within 8 seconds from Valtteri. Today in the MotoGP the first 8 rider finished within 7 seconds.....
    Ah got it!!
    I think this is what - 2 races now where Max has stated (to paraphrase), "let's run our own race".....

I think it was beautiful that Mercedes doesn't designate a 1/2 driver - the fierce Rosberg/Hamilton races illustrate that.

You could argue that there's a preference for Lewis over Valtteri, but IMHO, Bottas is nowhere near the driver that Rosberg was...

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Exactly so!
    And I think Suzie Perry mentioned that so far this season there have been 19 different riders on the podium.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0