I'm now in and here are my thoughts.

Thread: I'm now in and here are my thoughts.

SOH-CM-2024

I'm now in and here are my thoughts.

Like WOW. Okay, I did some upgrades to my fairly new PC, 16 more GB of stick for a total of 32 GB, and a Samsung SSD drive. I retained my NVIDIA 1060, and plan to upgrade in the future. But dang if the 1060 isn't performing like a charm and I use a pretty high setting for all. Except the trees! Too many damn trees! You cannot go lower than LOW and that is way too many. Also, I live in the piney woods and they have far too many deciduous trees. But that's nit picking. The monoliths are a problem for all, but again, I think that will be worked out. But the scenery and the aircraft and the joy of flying almost like being up in a real plane is magnificent. I like being able to adjust things when I started out without leaving the flight. It's a new day. I can see, however, where those probably with slow Internet may have a problem. I have hyper-Internet, my son requires it. I'm pulling in 500 MiBps on the Ethernet and 300 on the WiFi 5G. The SSD does not make the sim any faster, it just makes load times much faster. But it gets an "A" in my book. I have certainly enjoyed my time spent so far. Is it better than FSX? You betcha.

Just taken a look at some videos of flights over Edinburgh and rest of Scotland, which confirm my suspicion that this is a sim for the USA. Buildings and castles replaced with tower blocks, etc. Pretty dire.
    Will save (a lot of) money on upgrades and stick with FSX, thank you !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Just taken a look at some videos of flights over Edinburgh and rest of Scotland, which confirm my suspicion that this is a sim for the USA. Buildings and castles replaced with tower blocks, etc. Pretty dire.
    Will save (a lot of) money on upgrades and stick with FSX, thank you !
    Lefty, there are quite a few, and more everyday, mods on historic landmarks in Europe. Here is one of the sites that posts the mods. These may make your home flight even more enjoyable.

https://flightsim.to/
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I installed the Edinburgh Landmarks mod yesterday, the quality is outstanding and no FPS hit.

Hey, Caz!! Welcome to the NEW world!!

Don

Members who have read this thread: 0