Two questions.

Thread: Two questions.

SOH-CM-2023

Two questions.

1) Why is my SOH user id/pw rejected on a brand new computer using my existing valid id/pw. How can I fix this?

2) Using the letter "r" on my keyboard does not show a frame rate in FS2020. Suggestions?

Thanks for your expert answers.

In MSFS to see your FPS you need to open "Developer Mode" and then select the FPS Counter.

If you have a GeForce card, the "Experience" overlay gives you the option to use a much less intrusive counter. I'm guessing other cards have similar packages. I also use the overlay for screenshots and video. I no longer have to go into my FSScreen folder and convert bitmaps to jpeg, which is a major time saver!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If you have a GeForce card, the "Experience" overlay gives you the option to use a much less intrusive counter. I'm guessing other cards have similar packages. I also use the overlay for screenshots and video. I no longer have to go into my FSScreen folder and convert bitmaps to jpeg, which is a major time saver!
    Thanks for all of your tips on the GeForce experience. I've had this card for years and never knew about most of these features. It was your earlier tip that showed me how to take in game screen shots with it. I just wanted you to know what you're posting is big help.

Ken

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks, gents, for the info. I was not aware of the geforce software. Is the "Experience" the name of the program? I suppose it's available as a free download from nvidia.

Mine came preloaded on the rig since it was built with the card. Try hitting Alt+Z. If it's installed, you'll get the overlay even if you're not running a game. If you don't get anything, you can get it here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ce-experience/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Thanks, gents, for the info. I was not aware of the geforce software. Is the "Experience" the name of the program? I suppose it's available as a free download from nvidia.
    I built my PC, so I had to install it. It is free though, so if it isn't installed per Tom's comment above go to the nVidia site and get it.

Members who have read this thread: 0