Mooney Is Available

Thread: Mooney Is Available

Mooney Is Available

The Carenado Mooney is in the Marketplace. It's the same price as their 182, so I think I'll be passing on it for now. The Kitfox looks nice, but I think I'll wait until they've done some updates.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The Carenado Mooney is in the Marketplace. It's the same price as their 182, so I think I'll be passing on it for now. The Kitfox looks nice, but I think I'll wait until they've done some updates.
    Thx for info, it could be a little cheaper I think....

btw. what I see - Marketplase is only way to buy Carenado addons for MSFS. No this corner on Carenado website https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/ .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wahoo ! Thanks, always liked their Mooney.
    Sue

Nice plane but the autopilot still seems drunk when following the gps .

link to the sales page plz.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J Wood View Post
    link to the sales page plz.
    As I wrote before - no any product page, Marketplace only (so in MSFS inside).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

If something new looked particularly realistic in FS/FSX/P3D humorous comments turned up, like "please show the sim version, not the real thing" or something like that. Already for years, you know. With this piccie of the Mooney, for the first time, i *really* thought this was a real world photo. Not only by the magnificent looking airplane but by the environment below just the same. Real world photo, no doubt. Until i bought the Mooney package myself...

Isn't this the very first commercial *complete* new aircraft add-on package for MSFS ?...

I mean, that's too why i bought it.. And because it has a steam gauge cockpit which i too find magnificent! And you know what, if you open the cabin door and/or the bagage door the engine sound gets louder ! That's a first too, right ? Sure, we tried to achieve that with our former flightsims in various 'artificial' ways and sometimes more or less successfully too but with MSFS it seems a 'baked in' option. Nice, huh!

Don't know much about the flying characteristics yet because she's going straight up or down like a rocket whenever i touch my trim wheel. Does anybody know how to get 'Sensitivity' to work ??... I can't seem to make heads or tails of the damn thing...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    If something new looked particularly realistic in FS/FSX/P3D humorous comments turned up, like "please show the sim version, not the real thing" or something like that. Already for years, you know. With this piccie of the Mooney, for the first time, i *really* thought this was a real world photo. Not only by the magnificent looking airplane but by the environment below just the same. Real world photo, no doubt. Until i bought the Mooney package...

Isn't this the very first commercial *complete* new aircraft add-on package for MSFS ?...

I mean, that's too why i bought it.. And because it has a steam gauge cockpit which i too find magnificent! And you know what, if you open the cabin door and/or the bagage door the engine sound gets louder ! That's a first too, right ? Sure, we tried to achieve that with our former flightsims in various 'artificial' ways and sometimes more or less successfully too but with MSFS it seems a 'baked in' option. Nice, huh!

Don't know much about the flying characteristics yet because she's going straight up or down like a rocket whenever i touch my trim wheel. Does anybody know how to get 'Sensitivity' to work ??... I can't seem to make heads or tails of the damn thing...

Thanks!
    Someone obviously never flew the RealAir birds, like the Duke, with the included sound package turned 'on' and mated to A2A's AccuFeel addon for good measure ..... in good ol' FSX.

I have yet to hear a good touchdown tire squeal in MSFS, ...... just hear a rather dull sounding 'bump' at best.

Sounds aside, MSFS sure makes all aircraft look like real life beauties.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Someone obviously never flew the RealAir birds, like the Duke, with the included sound package turned 'on' and mated to A2A's AccuFeel addon for good measure ..... in good ol' FSX.
    That's right, never got the Duke, not my cup of thee. (i wonder what Rob and Sean think about MSFS..)

I just loved the door closing sound in A2A's J3. But did the engine sound get louder when opening it ? Honestly can't remember

I have yet to hear a good touchdown tire squeal in MSFS, ...... just hear a rather dull sounding 'bump' at best.
    Atleast there's something... It'll come sooner or later, i'm sure.

Sounds aside, MSFS sure makes all aircraft look like real life beauties.
    Quite astonishing really. Just imagine all our beloved historic warbirds and propliners in this kind of ultra realistic fashion.. Some day, maybe,. ;-)

That's right, never got the Duke, not my cup of thee. (i wonder what Rob and Sean think about MSFS..)

I just loved the door closing sound in A2A's J3. But did the engine sound get louder when opening it ? Honestly can't remember

Atleast there's something... It'll come sooner or later, i'm sure.

Quite astonishing really. Just imagine all our beloved historic warbirds and propliners in this kind of ultra realistic fashion.. Some day, maybe,. ;-)
    There have been some unconfirmed reports that Sean of RealAir has expressed some interest in MSFS.
    His new company, Vertx perhaps will make an appearance with an offering for MSFS 2020 someday ?

Yes, the engine sounds duplicated those in real life. Just the loud 'thud' of the landing gear locking prior to landing the Duke .... well, music to my ears !
    Here's some of RealAir's RealFeel (visual and sound) effects alone, for startup, takeoff, gear down, and landing (at 7:00, 17:00, 37:00 and 40:00 respectively)
    https://youtu.be/2XflrsmGNLQ
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Nice plane but the autopilot still seems drunk when following the gps .
    Weirdly, I got it to stop doing it by switching the autopilot from NAV to HDG and then back to NAV. At that point, it just followed the GPS course on a straight line instead of constantly correcting back and forth.

Had to pick this up as the Mooney 231 was one of the four kinds of planes I've flown in real life. Nice job!

Did notice that starting the engine off at a parking spot, the central radio stack is off and won't initialize.... not sure if there's another avionics or power button for it, but the only way I can get it to come on, (even with their ipad flight-ready/ready to taxi options) is to start on the runway and taxi back... seems odd.

Thanks!

Javis, this is exactly what I get when using the trim wheel, also. I Had the wheel working pretty good before the update which killed the sensitivity settings.

I found the trim button on the pilot's yoke in the cockpit actually works! A first for flightsims? Don't remember any before this. Anyway, it works very well. I haven't figured out the AP, yet, though. Altitude hold totally useless. I'm using the Saitek Cessna Yoke, so need to program the yoke button to the trim.

Once I got it trimmed out, it flies very well. My first landing was a greaser, no bounce. Haven't found the speedbrake button in the cockpit, yet.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Javis, this is exactly what I get when using the trim wheel, also. I Had the wheel working pretty good before the update which killed the sensitivity settings. .
    Exactly my experience, Don. You know, it's that worse now that it takes all the fun out of flying MSFS for me. I had no problem with assigning trim function before until after the patch and setting up stuff in the Mooney. I remember sensitivity settings worked fine before as well. No matter what i try now i can't seem to even assign a trim function to any knobs on my stick or throttle anymore. I keep on clicking 'clear' and 'validate' and then go back in the assignment menu and assign a new knob (either by pushing the knob or clicking the number of it). No matter what, trim function just won't work anymore.

It's also seems that, no matter what i try, i can't change a function that is assigned to a knob, slider or switch anymore. It just stays to what it was assigned to no matter if i clear the designator, validate it, and go back to assign another knob. It seems a total mess now...

I found the trim button on the pilot's yoke in the cockpit actually works! A first for flightsims? Don't remember any before this. Anyway, it works very well.
    Yes, found that too, but don't you think it is too cumbersome to use trim this way, certainly with the VC shaking about a bit ? A good trim function on a stick, yoke or throttle is very important to achieve a nice and steady flight, isn't it. Seems i have totally lost that option and that takes all the fun out of it...

Btw, i do seem to remember we had a functional trim knob on the yoke or stick in one or two VC's in FSX and/or P3D as well...

Yes, found that too, but don't you think it is too cumbersome to use trim this way, certainly with the VC shaking about a bit ? A good trim function on a stick, yoke or throttle is very important to achieve a nice and steady flight, isn't it. Seems i have totally lost that option and that takes all the fun out of it...
    Agree, it is cumbersome, but it works, for now. I'm sure Asobo is getting a lot of feedback about this. Looking for a patch soon.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I found the trim button on the pilot's yoke in the cockpit actually works! A first for flightsims?
    It works on the Icon too, but I never use that since it's also one of the hats on my stick.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Agree, it is cumbersome, but it works, for now. I'm sure Asobo is getting a lot of feedback about this. Looking for a patch soon.
    Luckily it proved it was just needed to reboot my system and restart MSFS. Now i can normally assign functions to my stick and throttle knobs again. Trim works again too ! ( sigh of relief.. )

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    There have been some unconfirmed reports that Sean of RealAir has expressed some interest in MSFS.
    His new company, Vertx perhaps will make an appearance with an offering for MSFS 2020 someday ?

Yes, the engine sounds duplicated those in real life. Just the loud 'thud' of the landing gear locking prior to landing the Duke .... well, music to my ears !
    Here's some of RealAir's RealFeel (visual and sound) effects alone, for startup, takeoff, gear down, and landing (at 7:00, 17:00, 37:00 and 40:00 respectively)
    https://youtu.be/2XflrsmGNLQ
    That's what I loved about the Mirage 2000. The sounds. The sounds on that bird were very immersive.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Did notice that starting the engine off at a parking spot, the central radio stack is off and won't initialize.... not sure if there's another avionics or power button for it, but the only way I can get it to come on, (even with their ipad flight-ready/ready to taxi options) is to start on the runway and taxi back... seems odd.
    There's only one avionics switch. It sounds like you are a victim of a sim bug introduced in patch #2. For many people, avionics simply switch off randomly and can't be turned back on. For a few, like you, they will never power up. This is true for all aircraft, not just the Mooney; although it seems to appear in different situations in different aircraft.

A workaround that sounds utterly absurd (but which has worked for me so far) is to set "ground aircraft density" in the traffic options to zero. Then the bug seems to go away.

This will probably get fixed in the first patch in October. (Maybe even the 29th September patch but I doubt it.) Then you can set the density back up to where you'll have airplanes parked at your airports.

Hope this helps,
    Dutch

Members who have read this thread: 0