Piaggio P.149 / FWP.149D of ATSim released!

Thread: Piaggio P.149 / FWP.149D of ATSim released!

Piaggio P.149 / FWP.149D of ATSim released!

[Note]: Everyone who bought ATS Piaggio will get a discount when MSFS 2020 version will be ready!
    More info:
    https://atsimulations.com/piaggio

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'll be picking this one up for sure! Looking forward to trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    I'll be picking this one up for sure! Looking forward to trying it out.
    Its a good choice and very nice plane and model. Hopefully there will be a version for MSFS later this year too. Still some nice models are on desktop for P3Dv5 from few developers and are planned for this year.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oh yes, this is a really great one. Very nice to fly.

Thomas

Interesting and strange story with this project, guys. In March we were planning to release it in August-September before FS2020, but then MS surprisingly announced the new sim release in August. And it became clear that with all features planned we could not release Piaggio before FS2020.

It became clear that release for FSX\P3D would not be commercially successful. And indeed the project is very unprofitable at this moment, obviously very few people are still flying in FSX\P3D world, we have just 10% of sales expected. If you're still flying there, which is honestly strange for me too ) - please take a look at our P149.

I do believe this is our last project for FSX\P3D, the result of 14 years experience of FSX add-ons development - advanced pilot animation - pilot move hands, press switches and hold levers, even FS2020 pilots fly with palms-on-knees.. Realistic gyro animation, sound from every switch, lever, knob.. engine sounds were especially recorded from D-EHVO, ultra resolution textures etc, etc.

FS2020 version in deep progress, we are hoping for success with it, as you may see on screens attached. Material features are learned and clear. Flight dynamics in progress and already very flyable. Alex will do his best for sure. Most code features are transferred. Only things unlearned now are cockpit sounds, and accurate load manager.

Need to say that we were asking MS for SDK since February, but unfortunately they answered only in August after release. And honestly SDK is far from perfect at this moment. But we are optimistic, the platform looks very and very perspective.

Btw the Piaggio were offered by the customer, so we are listening to your ideas!

Andrey
    atsimulations.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs_pg_11.jpg   fs_pg_15.jpg   fs_pg_10.jpg   fs_pg_7.jpg   fs_pg_12.jpg  

I have got this aircraft and I can say that it's is absolutely excellent, inside and out and a pleasure to fly. I'm very sad that this looks like ATS' last project for FSX/P3D. I would have thought that there was still a sizeable market for very high quality add-ons like this.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I already have the MC-15 Cri-Cri and the Piaggio P.149 looks like a great aircraft. I would buy it right now if it did not require an internet connection. When it comes to addons, i have two pretty firm rules. I don't install anything directly in the simulator and I don't purchase addons that require an internet connection to install or run. It just frustrates me when I have to reinstall a bunch of addons because I replaced a motherboard. To me it just defeats the purpose of installing addons outside the simulator.

I don't know how many others feel this way. Maybe it's just me.

ATSim addons are excellent. and I wish you well in your business.

[QUOTE=Andrey Tsvirenko;1238908]Interesting and strange story with this project, guys. In March we were planning to release it in August-September before FS2020, but then MS surprisingly announced the new sim release in August. And it became clear that with all features planned we could not release Piaggio before FS2020.

It became clear that release for FSX\P3D would not be commercially successful. And indeed the project is very unprofitable at this moment, obviously very few people are still flying in FSX\P3D world, we have just 10% of sales expected. If you're still flying there, which is honestly strange for me too ) - please take a look at our P149.

I do believe this is our last project for FSX\P3D, the result of 14 years experience of FSX add-ons development - advanced pilot animation - pilot move hands, press switches and hold levers, even FS2020 pilots fly with palms-on-knees.. Realistic gyro animation, sound from every switch, lever, knob.. engine sounds were especially recorded from D-EHVO, ultra resolution textures etc, etc.

FS2020 version in deep progress, we are hoping for success with it, as you may see on screens attached. Material features are learned and clear. Flight dynamics in progress and already very flyable. Alex will do his best for sure. Most code features are transferred. Only things unlearned now are cockpit sounds, and accurate load manager.

Need to say that we were asking MS for SDK since February, but unfortunately they answered only in August after release. And honestly SDK is far from perfect at this moment. But we are optimistic, the platform looks very and very perspective.

Btw the Piaggio were offered by the customer, so we are listening to your ideas!

Andrey
    atsimulations.com

Just my thoughts...
    With the release of 2020 I believe all developers are in LIMBO...seeing what direction FS is going
    I do however believe there will be a place for P3D (4.5 and above) in the future, Lockheed will understand that with the release of 2020 that consumers now have another choice. 32 bit on the way out, with 64 moving in and taking over, so I believe the older 32bit FSX/p3d will be around, however much like FS9 still is around.

I would like to plead to your comment that the P-149 is most likely your last aircraft for P3D (which by the way your P-149D is perfect) to request an update to the wonderful Cessna Bird dog...(with tundra tires please) an just as wonderful SAAB 91 which both are favorites for me and for a lot of the simmers here at the outhouse.

I hope and wish your team at ATsimulations all the success in the future however PLEASE keep P3D (64bit 4.5 and above) in mind for the future of flight sim cause its not going anywhere for a while.
    DC

Members who have read this thread: 0