What I am just dreaming for?

Thread: What I am just dreaming for?

What I am just dreaming for?

...I saw the FS2020 pictures and was enthusiastic! -scenery based on maps! The water, trees even grass and moving animals
    I just dream about a new WW2 CFS4 with scenery based on old maps. With a mission builder like cfs2 and all the goodies like weather from FS2020 and aircraft with the possibilities from CFS3
    Than simulator play with changing maps of the actual time…
    Maybe flying an aircraft prewar from London to Australia or India with all that difficulty of the time, flying prewar training missions…
    But it’s just a dream ! Just a dream for a new realistic ww2 Flight Simulator.

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

If you set your goals a bit less lofty, you could always try out the different iterations of the Il-2 series.

I'm the happy owner of Cliffs of Dover (Blitz) and lots of friends of mine play Bodenplatte. M$ could learn a thing or two from those people!

Oh, and I also run MSFS and Prepar3D. But you're right, MSFS is the future of flghtsim.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I have just reloaded FS2002, FS2004 and FSX. I still don't like them. I am so used to seeing the CFS2 background image without any pixelation.

I would settle for CFS3 with support of CFS2 aircraft.

I would like IL2 more if they have an option to turn on/off VC motion due to the joystick movement. I would also hope that they can have the CFS2 target selection logic with the green indicator cone. I waste too much time with IL2 trying to locate the enemy aircraft.

I’m with Wolfi with one addition and that would be multiple AI combat logics based aircraft type performance instead of all AI using Zero tactics. No boom and zoom, hit and run, maneuvering for altitude or up sun positioning or other tactics right now. That plus the 2020 visuals would make the premier combat sim.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

i dream of jeannie with the light brown hair Cheers mav

I saw that and was thinking of I Dream of Jeannie on the beach in a bottle.

Of all the CFS my favorite is CF2. Now CFS4 with a campaign mode similar to EF2000 where your flying CAP for the ground attack aircraft.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I,ll cast my lot with the Captain , An upgrade of the Ai logic,s , would make it a new sim , and throw in cloud blocking ,
    and Sun up blocking , for Ai tracking , would certainly improve things ,

Have to agree with Kurt and Willy. Chasing a P-47 in an FW-190 and having it try to climb straight up like a Super Chipmunk Aerobatics plane is enough to make you wince. You'd figure after so long MS would't care if the source code got out.

Members who have read this thread: 0