Downloading 1.8.3.0 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Downloading 1.8.3.0

Anyone using the Steam version around here ?

Would you believe i have the 1.8.3.0 patch installed and running without doing anything about it or even knowing about it....

Didn't touch MSFS after the 16th of september because of all the negative comments about the 1830 patch. Thought i'd wait a few days and then run MSFS see what happens, then go to Steam and see what's up there about MSFS and the new patch. Didn't need to because when i loaded up MSFS today i immidiately noticed the much faster loading that i read about and when i clicked my game name there it was : 1.8.3.0. Also read that when the altitude knob in the Baron (that must be Bonanza, right ? AFAIK we have no Baron in MSFS. I wish we would! (with steam gauges please that is)) works i have the 1830 patch. And it works.

I was meaning to move the content of the community folder (a bunch of repaints, fixes. Devils Tower and Orbx Insbrück) outside of 'MSFSPackages' before starting the patch download/install but that proved not necessary because the patch was already there..

Anybody else ?

Steam auto updates, did you leave your computer running with Steam active in the background?

And, yeah, I don't think there's any meat to having to move out the Community files. It's a completely different directory that should not be touched by their install process. If they are they're stupid. And they're not.

My bet is people have modified files in the OneStore directory, and that screwed up their install.

(p.s. I hate how the quote function is so hit or miss on this board. It fails like 25% of the time for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis
    Also read that when the altitude knob in the Baron (that must be Bonanza, right ? AFAIK we have no Baron in MSFS. I wish we would! (with steam gauges please that is))
    The Baron G58 with glass cockpit is included in the Deluxe edition.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    I'm happy with it right now. Flying at 1920x1080 all settings on Ultra with AI traffic at 50% and getting up to 45 fps now. My gpu is RTX 2070 Super. My CPU is the i5 9600k, thinking about getting the i9 cpu, does anyone that has that cpu think it will make a huge difference?

I have i9-10900f and 2070 super and, from what I see in your screenshot, the gain in FPS is marginal. Overclocking the GPU could be, maybe, a better solution.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    The Baron G58 with glass cockpit is included in the Deluxe edition.
    For all i know i have the Premium Deluxe version... No Baron in sight...

But... no secondary 152 nore secondary 172 neither.. I have no Savage-Shock Ultra neither. And i'm sure i had them after initially installing MSFS. They must've dissapeared somewhere along the line. The're all there in the MSFSPackages/Official/Steam folder including the Baron the 2 Cessna's and Savage (first time i went looking for the MSFS aircraft folders ) Everything inside the specific aircraft folders seems to be there. I can't see anything missing or wrong atm.

I guess i have some figuring out to do afterall... I thought i was sittin pretty with my automatic out of the blue Bob's my Uncle Steam instalment patch.

If anyone has an idea how to get them missing birds back in the cage i'd love to hear it. (i just did restart my system, didn't make any difference..)

Thanks!

It sounds like you have the base package. The steam gauge 172 is part of the mid-grade "Deluxe" package, and the Shock Ultra is a "Premium" plane. I considered getting the Premium version to get the "Hand-Crafted" KSFO, but opted for the Deluxe because I just really wanted the analog 172.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

If anyone has an idea how to get them missing birds back in the cage i'd love to hear it. (i just did restart my system, didn't make any difference..)

Thanks!
    Try this: From the Main Menu, click the Profile tab and then click Content Manager. Search for the missing aircraft in the search bar and if you see the relevant packages, try either Installing them, or if they appear to be installed try deleting them and re-downloading them.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Steam auto updates, did you leave your computer running with Steam active in the background?
    Ah, yes, that must be it. I play a lot of Transport Fever 2, hours and hours and hours. Got that also via Steam. I do love Steam but i remember being totally confused about the downloading/installing process. They just don't tell ya nothing. But it does work all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It sounds like you have the base package. .
    Well, i payed the 119,99 Euro for the Premium Deluxe Bundle... And i just noticed in my logbook the Shock Ultra as one of the first aircraft that i tried. So it was deffinately there but now it's gone. I went with the Premium Deluxe because i wanted all the planes available sofar. And i'm sure i flew the analog 172 as well. Now also gone...
    [/QUOTE]

Jan, the most common method I've seen of solving that issue is to log out of your account (top right of main menu screen) and then log back in again.

I agree with trying the content manager then and see if they're listed there. On a side note, I just went into mine and discovered that even items in the Community folder are listed.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Try this: From the Main Menu, click the Profile tab and then click Content Manager. Search for the missing aircraft in the search bar and if you see the relevant packages, try either Installing them, or if they appear to be installed try deleting them and re-downloading them.
    Thanks Ak!

Tried searching for Baron in the Content Manager, no dice. Searching for Beech just the Bonanza and King Air turn up.. Searching for Cessna just the one 152 and 172 (G1000) turn up (and 208 and CJ4)

The're all in the Official/Steam folder but that's all...

You might need to head over to Zendesk and report the problem there.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Jan, the most common method I've seen of solving that issue is to log out of your account (top right of main menu screen) and then log back in again.
    Thanks, John ! I'll give that a whirl !

Speaking of Zendesk, there is a dedicated support page to just such an issue.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...crosoft-Store-

You might need to head over to Zendesk and report the problem there.

Ok, thanks Tom ! I'll first try log out/log in, see what happens .

What's funny is that everything says you need 1909 or better to even install MSFS. I purchased, installed, and ran mine on 1904. I only updated to 2004 a couple of days ago!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Speaking of Zendesk, there is a dedicated support page to just such an issue.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...crosoft-Store-

Oohh, i'd rather not go onto that road...i have had so much trouble getting an MS account in the first place. I do have one now, afterall. I did not buy my MSFS copy via the MS store and as far as i read there's nothing said about the Steam edition. If all things fail i might have a look anyway. Thanks!

What's funny is that everything says you need 1909 or better to even install MSFS. I purchased, installed, and ran mine on 1904. I only updated to 2004 a couple of days ago!

1909, 1904, 2004, no clue what you're talking about here, Tom. Take off that Joker mask

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Bingo!! Thank you, John !

True, it *did* mean downloading and installing 15 Gig of 1.8.3.0 patch again, i suppose this time from MS.....Got lightning fast internet so not a problem. In any case, i've got the whole shebang of aeroplanes back again, like i had them before, including the Baron, Cessna's and Zlin Shock Ultra.

Just hope they won't disappear again..

Thanks again, John, much appreciated !

No problem, Jan, glad to help and to know things are showing as they should on your end.

Bingo!! Thank you, John !

True, it *did* mean downloading and installing 15 Gig of 1.8.3.0 patch again, i suppose this time from MS.....Got lightning fast internet so not a problem. In any case, i've got the whole shebang of aeroplanes back again, like i had them before, including the Baron, Cessna's and Zlin Shock Ultra.

Just hope they won't disappear again..

Thanks again, John, much appreciated !
    Glad you got them back. But I for one DO miss my Baron with steam gauges......
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Tried the Logout/Login method in the Sim, no joy, still won't re-download. The complaints are still piling up on their support forum. Haven't looked in two days to see if they have addressed any of this. I did put in a report with their Zendesk but so far, no answer. Am about to uninstall and try again but will wait it out a bit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1909, 1904, 2004, no clue what you're talking about here, Tom.
    That # represents your Windows Version. Hit the Start button and type About, and you'll get the About Your PC app. If you ever need to file a bug report with Zendesk, you'll need that, and the OS build. The 2004 represents the last two digits of the year and then the month, so 2004 is April '20, while 1909 is September of last year. Unlike other updates that you can no longer control like you could in Win 7, these are major (and I mean MAJOR) updates, and are started manually in the Updates section. If you're on wireless, it had better be stout. I hooked my laptop up to my access point via Ethernet to get maximum bandwidth when I did mine. If you start it during the day, you'll want a pot of coffee handy - or in my instance, a case of Mountain Dew.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I uninstalled FS2020, then tried to reinstall in hopes that would sort things out. No Joy, this was the message prompt I got which is very frustrating. Still no answer from their support desk:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1