We need one of these in FS2020: Pipistrel Panthera

Thread: We need one of these in FS2020: Pipistrel Panthera

We need one of these in FS2020: Pipistrel Panthera

This GA Bird is Hot! This video is of the first one recently delivered to the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRP_...IcsDAoeFgETV4U

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, I always liked that design. It reminds me of a DA40, only better, sleeker, looking.

As long as we're on GA, though, I would also love to have a Cessna Sky Courier, once there is enough information available (They just made their first flight). I would also like a Tecnam P2012.

Oh, and just about everything by Van's Aircraft, although I personally want an RV-9.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    This GA Bird is Hot! This video is of the first one recently delivered to the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRP_...IcsDAoeFgETV4U
    Yeah that plane is awesome. There's a decent XP11 rendition by Aerobask. I put the RXP GTN750 in mine.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Blog Entries
    I like the Pantera personally, But personally I feel that with a good and proper British name like Pipistrel it should at least have the civility of including a hot tea dispenser in the instrument panel..

On a serious note, the most challenging aspect of creating the flight characteristics would be getting its performance and efficiency correct, but then, I know just how perfect the developers here strive to be and know that what we would get would be wonderful..

So, do i understand that it's not like we already have enough of those plastick bathtubs with wings and a couple of TV monitors as instrument panel with the default offerings ??.... (sorry, no offense..)

IMHO what we need is some good old aluminium (preferably bare) and/or even fabric and dope and bucketloads of rivets thrown in for good measure.

Give me 5 of those Panthera's ( Ok,agreed, it really does have some 'je ne sais quoi' about it) and i'll gladly trade them all for just one Tiger Moth or Stearman.

I mean, Pipistrel..... that the new Hawker, Submarine, DeHavilland, Bristol then ?.....

Ok, i'll get my goat..

If we got a Boeing Stearman of the same quality as the default/Asobo GA aircraft (visual detail and accuracy, sounds, flight dynamics), or better, I think I would be a very content person (though I mostly am already with what we've got). It will take quite an effort to do that, though. I keep my fingers crossed.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    If we got a Boeing Stearman of the same quality as the default/Asobo GA aircraft (visual detail and accuracy, sounds, flight dynamics), or better, I think I would be a very content person (though I mostly am already with what we've got). It will take quite an effort to do that, though. I keep my fingers crossed.
    I would love to have the GAS Stearman in here with the crop duster options. I like that cowlless radial and clipped wings with sun shade over the cockpit. It's sort of my sky Harley. Or their short wing monocoupe. It's very sporty. Oh and the Alabeo Staggerwing.

Agree, great looking airplane and one of a few euro designs I wish would get over here quick real world. Just need more composite warbird replicas on the market!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

The first of what is hoped to be a production line of full-scale carbon fiber Spitfires is expected to be flying next year: https://www.royalhorseaviation.com/spitfire-specs

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Speaking of replica warbirds, I've always thought it would be great to have either a Thunder Mustang or Stuart S-51 in flight sim form.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Speaking of replica warbirds, I've always thought it would be great to have either a Thunder Mustang or Stuart S-51 in flight sim form.
    Thunder Mustangs sound like race cars when they fly over; i.e.- Awesome! I really liked that racer Thunder Mustang that crashed at Reno in the high winds, that had the cut down cockpit. It was silver with checkerboard trim. It just looked like so much fun to fly. Now if the people who run the Reno Airshow/Air Race would learn to shut down the airport when winds are that high, we might still have a lot of great planes around.

Also, that new tandem Spit actually looks cool.

Ken

When one thinks of how long FSX was around and the long, long, list of planes that where never done, I guess we just have to go with what we get......... the Panthera is nice though -enjoy flying the X-Plane version by Aerobask - if its realistic, its a bird you can get out of some pretty tight strips with yet cruise fast.

Members who have read this thread: 0