As the song says, I am "Riding The Storm Out"

Thread: As the song says, I am "Riding The Storm Out"

As the song says, I am "Riding The Storm Out"

My wife and I, our dog "Libby",and our cockatiel "Spike" are hunkered down, waiting for Hurricane Sally to hit us.

Should be mostly a LOT of rain (10-15 inches), and wind of course. The problem is the storm is not moving fast.

We're as ready as we're gonna be. More later, as things progress. NC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVFgEBq0EKM
    Last edited by Navy Chief; September 14th, 2020 at 19:00.

Stay safe, Chief!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Am up early. Sorta hard to sleep, wondering what's happening outside! Wind is picking up, along with the rain. Took dog out for her morning pee. She wasn't the least bit interested in doing so in the rain (can't say I blame her!). It took a lot of encouragement, but I got her to go. Things will get interesting, later on today, when the wind starts blowing much harder. I have a feeling she won't cooperate then...... NC

Good luck, Pete! Dang, if it's not the west coast on fire, it's the east coast flooding. Looked like a few more storms forming out in the Atlantic!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Last update from NOAA:. Hurricane Sally is headed straight for Pensacola.

Battlestations set. Standby for heavy rolls.

That is all. Navy Chief

Batten the hatches! They were showing Pensacola beach on the news last night. Raining and wind like crazy! Good luck, Pete!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hurricane made land as a CAT 2. 110 mph winds. Lost electrical power at 2:30 this morning. No real apparent damage so far. Just hooked up wheeled generator. At least i have lights and fridge. Just made coffee. Priorities you know. We are ok though. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    We are ok though. NC
    That's all that matters!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hurricane made land as a CAT 2. 110 mph winds. Lost electrical power at 2:30 this morning. No real apparent damage so far. Just hooked up wheeled generator. At least i have lights and fridge. Just made coffee. Priorities you know. We are ok though. NC
    One must have coffee. Without coffee, there is no point to this existence. Glad you made it through relatively unscathed, Chief.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Looks like power might not be restored for weeks. Crap. NC

Probably won't have to water your lawn for a while! Hope everyone is OK!

Great to hear NC, we learned the hard way (well my girlfriend) by not having a back up generator after Ivan, had to get one in AL for her.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

That's not good. Longest I have been without power is one week and that was without a backup generator.

Latest update is power "should" be restored by next Tuesday.....NC

Worst part is having to hunt for gas for my generator. Tempers are flaring. Not good.

Update: Power is back on! SOOOOOO thankful! Over 7000 workers from several states, worked night/day, and still working. Still over 80,000 in my county without power. NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; September 18th, 2020 at 17:16.

Latest update is power "should" be restored by next Tuesday.....NC

Worst part is having to hunt for gas for my generator. Tempers are flaring. Not good.

Update: Power is back on! SOOOOOO thankful! Over 7000 workers from several states, worked night/day, and still working. Still over 80,000 in my county without power. NC
    Glad that your power was quickly restored.

Glad to hear it!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Glad you are ok. I'm here in Sulphur Louisiana,about 2 miles from Lake Charles,and was hit by Hurricane Laura. My Wife and i rode it out. The media says it was a cat 4 but a lot of us here know it was a cat 5. Total destruction here all over the place. My neighborhood has only about a quarter of it's trees and many houses with no roofs or collapsed . Amazingly we had stable power in about 3 weeks. We also got cable yesterday. What joy !!! Just waiting on a new roof and some big oaks to get removed. To top things off my Dad died just 5 days before. What a terrible year 2020 has been.Well at least we are alive. Take care NC and i hope things get back to normal. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0