Edward Cook: Aircraft in FSX ?

Thread: Edward Cook: Aircraft in FSX ?

Edward Cook: Aircraft in FSX ?

Has anyone tried Edward Cook's Aircraft in FSX, and would he allow them to be converted to FSX ? I know absolutely nothing about converting aircraft from FS2004 to FSX but Mr Cook's Aircraft certainly make me interested in finding out how.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

I have seen FSX conversions of his Hawker Audax, Sopwith Dolphin, A.W. Whitley, and Fairey IIID on various download sites. I tried a couple of them, they worked OK. They didn't work in P3Dv4, otherwise I'd still be flying them.

August

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by T Square View Post
    Has anyone tried Edward Cook's Aircraft in FSX, and would he allow them to be converted to FSX ? I know absolutely nothing about converting aircraft from FS2004 to FSX but Mr Cook's Aircraft certainly make me interested in finding out how.
    Many FS9 models will work in FSX, Dave Moly's might have a glass change needed which is included in the package, mine usually work OK, but some animations might not work depends on the FSX version you are running. Always worth trying.
    Keith

Mr Cook has recently posted a selection of his aircraft in FS2004 format on Simviation.

Possibility

If he has RECENTLY posted, then perhaps he can be contacted for permission. Did you look at a README in his download(s)? Usually the author will list any or no stipulations to conversion, repaint etc. Most authors just want credit for their work in the new model and that it not be used commercially but it has to be confirmed either by the README or better yet by a email from the author.

Members who have read this thread: 1