Hanging up my cleats...

Thread: Hanging up my cleats...

Exclamation Hanging up my cleats...

Hey guys,

You may have noticed there is a thread announcement in all forums, and I just wanted to make a more general announcement for CFS2 and other folks. I told the senior admins and staff several months back that I have decided after a decade to hang up my cleats as the chief SOH librarian. While I am not abandoning the post entirely, I'm looking a few volunteers to screen and approve uploads on a daily basis.

My preference is for a triad crew from various parts of the world. It would be helpful to have someone on the Aussie/Kiwi side of the world, from North America, as well as someone from mainland Europe or the UK, so that we can have someone approving uploads every eight or nine hours.

Approving uploads is a pretty straightforward process, and I am willing to train between now and the end of the year. If someone wants to take on the added task of library structure at the Admin level and other oddities as they come up, I'd be willing to turn that over as well, but for now approving uploads on a daily basis should suffice.

Learning where things are in the library and how to use the search feature would be helpful to know to help other members. Thus far, I have sent out about a dozen PMs, and have gotten a maybe, a qualified yes, and a possible backup, but I don't want to hang my hat on that alone. If I have sent you a PM and you have not responded, please do so.

My reasons for this are...

It has become increasingly difficult for me to balance teaching full-time, (especially having to take on the unanticipated challenge of remote learning) work through graduate school, raise four kids, and then work through the surgeries and travel associated with the Mayo Clinic since October of 2018.

With student teaching looming in January, 2021 and an increasing possibility of a move to Minnesota or Wisconsin by the summer of 2022, my ability to approve uploads in a timely manner has suffered in the past eighteen months, and that is not fair to the SOH community.

(Erica, I, and our children have talked about the realistic outlook that it appears this procedure at the Mayo may need to be done annually twice a year, and given that prospect, it is a difficult financial burden to spend $6,000-$7,000 per year on travel expenses and surgical costs) Everyone seems to be on board with this, and they will accompany me on my next Mayo journey to meet some of their extended family on my side and get a feel for what life out there is like compared to here.

I am not leaving CFS2, so do not fret there.

Thanks,
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thank you Rami, for all your hard work and dedication. Good luck in your future relocation.

Well Rami, if you move up here, just remember to bring your long johns for winter,lol

Hey Rami, if you make it to Wisconsin it might be fun to meet! (And I have room to crash if you go to Airventure.) To be close to Mayo would you be in possibly La Crosse or Eau Claire?

Icon22 Reply...

Josh,

The last time I was at EAA AirVenture was the Summer of 2016, and your offer would be much appreciated. I have included a few pics.

As far as your location question, I have family that lives in Menomonie and Tainter Lake, as well as in Roberts and Somerset. All these are west of Eau Claire. I plan at least right now settling in either Dunn/Saint Croix county or in the suburbs near Minneapolis or Rochester, closer to my extended family. LaCrosse would not be out the question. either.

When I go down to Rochester for these surgeries, I usually take I-94 to I-494 to Route 52, and it takes a little under two hours. Sometimes if the weather is nice, I'll take 63 up through Lake City and Red Wing, and come back to Roberts and Hudson through Ellsworth and River Falls on the way up north.

I'll respond to your PM in the morning.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Josh,

The last time I was at EAA AirVenture was the Summer of 2016, and your offer would be much appreciated. I have included a few pics.

As far as your location question, I have family that lives in Menomonie and Tainter Lake, as well as in Roberts and Somerset. All these are west of Eau Claire. I plan at least right now settling in either Dunn/Saint Croix county or in the suburbs near Minneapolis or Rochester, closer to my extended family. LaCrosse would not be out the question. either.

When I go down to Rochester for these surgeries, I usually take I-94 to I-494 to Route 52, and it takes a little under two hours. Sometimes if the weather is nice, I'll take 63 up through Lake City and Red Wing, and come back to Roberts and Hudson through Ellsworth and River Falls on the way up north.

I'll respond to your PM in the morning.
    Western Wisconsin is awesome especially the closer you get to the Mississippi! (I'd imagine eastern Minnesota being the same way.) Up north in Chequamegon isn't to shabby for a getaway either. I absolutely love living here. (Even winter I guess.)

Members who have read this thread: 0