fs9 mesh/ whole world.

Thread: fs9 mesh/ whole world.

fs9 mesh/ whole world.

Hello all.
    Doing a lot of flying in fs9 with some old buddies, the stock mesh sucks, can you point me to the very best mesh either pay ware or freeware please.

Appreciate it!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

To get the entire world involves a boatload of downloading and installing, but it can be done. It's been forever since I added scenery to an FS9 install, but if you can install an airport, you can install these. This page will get you started:
    https://simviation.com/1/fs2004terrainmesh
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Holy!

I might be dead before i can down load it all....wow!

LOL!

OK I will go for it.

Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Hi Tom,

You can download Rhumbaflappy's mesh here on the Outhouse. At least you'll get better download speeds.

I did the search for ya, it's the LOD7 you're looking for. Start on this page at the bottom:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20

Cheers,

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; September 13th, 2020 at 00:39. Reason: Found it
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I would choose Priller's suggestion. I use it too. However Simviation's FS2004 Terrain Mesh creates too much cliffs.

Bernard

There is a map you can download for the simvation mesh, so you can select a specific area you like to fly, but like Bernard, ive also noticed some cliffs and other irritating anomalies

Many years and a confutor or two ago I wanted accurate mesh everywhere. My rig died, I was out of the hobby for a while, then I started again with FS on a new confutor. Before I loaded up with worldwide mesh and waters it dawned on me - I don't fly everywhere, so there's no point in loading up mesh for everywhere. Now I only have mesh for the regions where I actually fly.

So unless you really expect to fly all over the FS world, you could save yourself a lot of trouble by only downloading and installing mesh for the places you might some day actually fly and see the terrain on your monitor screen.

If you really do fly everywhere, you have more hobby time than I do, and I envy that!

CFS2 Mesh in FS9?

Priller,

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that the downloads by rhumflabby have a statement that says the files may work with FS9. I'm guessing after all these years these have been proven to work, right?

I've downloaded some mesh years ago for CFS2 that didn't work in FS9. Can't remember which ones since it was on another computer, though.

I'm updating some stuff and was wondering as well if I should use a fresh download of files for my mesh and it looks like these could do the job as long as it's been proven they do work in FS9. It's a lot of downloading!

Any input would be great! Thanks!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Sometime ago I installed and ran both Rhumbaflappy's meshes: DEM8 and LOD7. Meanwhile I have only LOD7 active. IMO it's suffcient. For some areas I added specific meshes like Himalaya, Alps, Rockies and so on. I would suggest to install both and check which are suitable for you. Anyone has his particular expectations.

Bernard

Members +
    I have a vague recollection that FreemeshX from Avsim works in FS2004...
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/7...support-forum/
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Priller,

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that the downloads by rhumflabby have a statement that says the files may work with FS9. I'm guessing after all these years these have been proven to work, right?

I've downloaded some mesh years ago for CFS2 that didn't work in FS9. Can't remember which ones since it was on another computer, though.

I'm updating some stuff and was wondering as well if I should use a fresh download of files for my mesh and it looks like these could do the job as long as it's been proven they do work in FS9. It's a lot of downloading!

Any input would be great! Thanks!

Jorge
    Miami, FL
    If you look closely at the description of the LOD7 mesh, it clearly states that the mesh is for FS2002 and FS2004 as well. Look at the bottom of the page.

KR

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I have a vague recollection that FreemeshX from Avsim works in FS2004...
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/7...support-forum/
    Yes, but absolutely no impact.

Bernard

Thanks for the heads up, guys. It's the wording that threw me off. The description says:

World LOD7 CFS2 Mesh 06 of 18 These mesh BGLs complete the world CFS2 LOD7 elevational data. These files are mostly derived from SRTM 3 arc second data. They are superior to the defaults, and add sections missing from CFS2 mesh. These files may also work in FS2002 and FS2004, and should be more compatible with SRTM addon mesh. This set is 1 zipped file of 18 zipped files that complete the world.
    When I see the words "may" and "should" I tend to take them at face value.

I'll download and install. Hopefully my rig behaves. Fingers crossed!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

That's like aircraft. Some could work with FS2004. Or some are created for FSX and can be used with FS9 too. Just try or delete again afterwards.

Bernard

Members who have read this thread: 0