ACROSS THE PACIFIC - China Clipper

Thread: ACROSS THE PACIFIC - China Clipper

ACROSS THE PACIFIC - China Clipper

A three part PBS series, on now.

ACROSS THE PACIFIC tells the story of a great milestone in aviation history: the 1935 crossing of the Pacific Ocean by a Pan American Airways flying boat known as the China Clipper. The documentary series recounts the development of this technological innovation – led by Pan Am’s chief executive Juan Trippe, pilot Charles Lindbergh, airplane engineer Igor Sikorsky and radio engineer Hugo Leuteritz – with dramatic re-enactments, interviews with historians and biographers, and archival photographs, newsreel clips and film.
    https://www.panam.org/join-support/608-across-the-pacific-film-2

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATP_image.jpg  

I just got finished watching all 3 episodes of Across the Pacific. It is a terrific chronicle about Juan Tripp and how he created Pan Am. It provides insight into aviation pioneers such as airline executive Juan Trippe, pilot Charles Lindbergh, airplane builder Igor Sikorsky and radio engineer Hugo Leuteritz and how they thrust aviation into the future. It also points out the major role the US Post Office played in the development of American aviation. Hopefully they will return to greatness in 2021.

I highly recommend this excellent series to all aviation lovers here on SOH. It's most entertaining and educational. Many thanks to Seahawk72s for bringing it to the community's attention. Now I'm off to fly the S-42 and the Martin M-130.

I just finished reading this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Pan-Am-War-Ai.../dp/151072950X

Fantastic book!
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Members who have read this thread: 0