Wtc 9/11

Thread: Wtc 9/11

Wtc 9/11

Living only 12 - 15 miles from NYC we could see the WTC from where we lived,we actually saw the second plane hit.We also saw it collapse later,not on TV but live.

My husband ( Don known here as Desperado ) and his brother ( Al ,Talon ) went to help and were gone for over a week.6 months later my husband got sick because of this but pulled through.We moved to Hawaii in August 2002 and got married,Talon and my sisters also moved with us.December 30,2002 my husband was very tired and went to take a nap and passed away.I was 3 months pregnant at the time.Thanks to Talon I got through it as we consoled each other and he became the father figure in my daughters life.

We started to raise money for other 1st responders that had health issues by doing charity concerts and raised over $1,750,000 for them in 13 years.Talon passed away in March 2015 and I only did 1 more show after that.The Government finally passed a bill to help them.

This will be the first year I am not in NYC for the Memorial for obvious reasons.

9/11 2001 is a day I will never forget.

Hiede

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Thank you for your support of all first responders, and all Americans .... we are grateful for folks like you. We are also very sorry for your multiple losses due to the tragic events of that day. NEVER FORGET !

Thank you for your support and what became your husband's ultimate sacrifice. 19 years ago today, I fear that many have forgotten. I have not. I remember that day very well, even though I was more than 300 miles away from NYC. I remember being in my office and hearing about a possible aircraft crash into one of the Twin Towers. I initially passed it off as NYC having fog and a small plane hit one of the towers. Then the report came in of the second tower being hit. At that moment I realized that it was an attack on the U.S.

Many died on September 11, 2001. Many more would suffer and even die in the following years due to the inhalation of debris particles. Those who came to help and to clean up are unsung heroes.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I remember the day well. I was working when I first found out, but it didn't really sink in until I got home and saw the images on TV. It was one of the few times in my adult life that I cried.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1