MSFS marketplace got first update

Thread: MSFS marketplace got first update

MSFS marketplace got first update

For those interested, a new plane (STi Kitfox) and some airports got released.

And the price is nice https://twinfinite.net/2020/09/micro...tplace-update/, good plane for bush flayers!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

BUT,..... hmmm .... again glass cocpit?

Not for me.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Lots and lots of issues being reported on the Kitfox on the official MSFS forums. May be best to avoid for now. That price is a lot more reasonable than what Carenado expects for a mediocre Cessna model, though.

Yes!!! Been waiting for that KitFox!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Buy it here and get the Xplane 11 version, and the 2020 version for one price! See requirement tab...
    https://store.x-plane.org/Big-Tire-P...x-_p_1096.html

the prices of the latest released MSFS addons Scenery and Planes is surprisingly nice
    with near everything in the range 7€ to 25€ (I mean nothing seem insanly overpriced at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Lots and lots of issues being reported on the Kitfox on the official MSFS forums. May be best to avoid for now. That price is a lot more reasonable than what Carenado expects for a mediocre Cessna model, though.
    any deal breaking issues reported there? asking because I am quite interested

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    any deal breaking issues reported there? asking because I am quite interested
    I don't own the airplane yet, though I am very interested in it, especially at it's current price, but some people have been reporting that the glass texture is currently causing things outside the aircraft to look "blurry", it's missing sounds and apparently the flaps don't work? Take this all with a grain of salt, of course, as it's second hand information that I have read on the official MSFS forums and on the flightsim Reddit.

Apparently it flies quite well though, so that's a plus Personally, I'll let this one cook a little longer before diving in or at least wait and see if anyone ends up doing a proper review of it.

I bought it; I had $10 in MS Store credit from Microsoft Rewards, so why not?

I only ran into two issues:
    1) The flaps only had two positions, off and 6 degrees, when in fact they should go down to 20-something degrees.
    2) I couldn't do a full shutdown. After turning off the power, one of the displays stayed active, and I couldn't find any way to kill the engine.

I think the fuzziness out the windows is an intentional effect -- the real Kitfox has acrylic/Lexan windows, not glass.

Interestingly, the silver paint is for a modified Kitfox that's not really representative of the simulated configuration:
    https://www.kitplanes.com/kitfox-s7-sti/

The other livery is for Trent Palmer's plane, which has a closer avionics config, though not identical:
    https://youtu.be/bJ8ueYU_aWg

However, they're kitplanes, and every one is unique in its own way, so that's not really a criticism.

The flap and engine issues definitely need to be tweaked, but it's still a fun plane to fly and great for bush flying. I'm sure it'll get updated.

Speaking of updates, the Carenado CT182T got some updates; the view issue (looking right would look left) is fixed, among other things.

Btw. Is it possible to return product from MS and Marketplace? If yes (and I think its possible like other games ect) it could be good option for customers and testing an addon and next stay with him or return and do request for refound. I'm afraid there may be many addons of varying quality in nearest furture, when full SDK will be released. Just idea .
    Last edited by YoYo; September 11th, 2020 at 23:01.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Speaking of updates, the Carenado CT182T got some updates; the view issue (looking right would look left) is fixed, among other things.
    I believe one of the most annoying bugs it had was zigzagging autopilot on nav mode. Have you tested if it has been taken care of also?

Members who have read this thread: 0