WOFF WOTR scenery in CFS3

Thread: WOFF WOTR scenery in CFS3

WOFF WOTR scenery in CFS3

I have seen several threads and posts on this before, including http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nshots!/page32, but nowhere is ther a coherent step by step procedure which could be in the knowledge base sticky. That would be useful for all including myself!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    I start with the landclass.xml file. That tells me which scenery textures are used for each landclass, eg "dry woody scrub". It also tells you which .lso and .mos files attach to which .dds textures. (The .dds textures are named the same as the .mos and .lso files) If you have scenery textures floating around that are not listed in the landclass.xml, they are redundant in terms of scenery, except where the textures are required for facilities. You can easily test that by backing up and removing redundant textures from your Assets folder.

When porting over .dds textures to the Assets folder, you need to ensure that you port over the matching .lso file (as specified in the landclass.xml file), and you also need to ensure there are no duplicates in the Asset folder. I always use the same set of sub-folder names in the Assets folder for quick comparison between installs.

<LandClass Id="51" Name="Dry Woody Scrub" Dim="9216" Priority="20" IsWater="No" Mask="GenericLandClassMask.xml">
    <Seasons>
    <Season Name="Summer">
    <Variations>
    <Variation Mosaic="051summer1.mos" Scenery="051summer1.lso" />
    <Variation Mosaic="051summer2.mos" Scenery="051summer2.lso" />
    <Variation Mosaic="051summer3.mos" Scenery="051summer3.lso" />
    </Variations>
    </Season>
    <Season Name="Winter">
    <Variations>
    <Variation Mosaic="051winter1.mos" Scenery="051summer1.lso" />
    <Variation Mosaic="051winter2.mos" Scenery="051summer2.lso" />
    <Variation Mosaic="051winter3.mos" Scenery="051summer3.lso" />
    </Variations>
    </Season>

I'm not quite sure I understand WRT to the basic set up and what Dan is saying here:-

"You need to replace the contents of your assets and terrains folders with the ones from WOFF {WOTR)"

and WRT WM scenery manager

"...........but it is a little more complicated to get it set up in WM Scenery manager to be able to change seasons, but still mainly just a matter of putting files in the right folders............"

My point is, I need to know how to set it up WRT seasons either without if possible, of if not, with WM Scenery Manager.

I've compiled a guide to installing WOFF/WOTR scenery into CFS3. It's a bit of a process to set up. I'll post the guide later today
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

How's the guide going?

Any chance of getting that manual?
    👍🏻

I know I did one meticulously and posted it. I can do that again, but can I make it 'sticky'?

Done! Hope it's helpful.

Thanks! At least the post won't disappear!

Members who have read this thread: 0