Belgium_Netherlands_Landmarks package by WestFront

Thread: Belgium_Netherlands_Landmarks package by WestFront

Library Staff

Icon22 Belgium_Netherlands_Landmarks package by WestFront

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: This is a collection of FSX landmarks for Belgium and the Netherlands converted into CFS2 non destructible GSL objects.

The Belgian objects comprise of Brussels St Michel Cathedral, Hotel de Ville and Kings House.

The Dutch objects comprise of Amsterdam Central Station, Dam Square and two versions of the Rijksmuseum. In addition there are the Rotterdam Hefbrug and Koninginnebrug bridges and the Keukenhof Windmill.

Allen has kindly made a damaged version of the Brussels Hotel de Ville as a separate object for ruined cities. Thanks Allen!

by Kevin Driver

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Belgium_Netherlands_Landmarks.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: This is a collection of FSX landmarks for Belgium and the Netherlands converted into CFS2 non destructible GSL objects.

The Belgian objects comprise of Brussels St Michel Cathedral, Hotel de Ville and Kings House.

The Dutch objects comprise of Amsterdam Central Station, Dam Square and two versions of the Rijksmuseum. In addition there are the Rotterdam Hefbrug and Koninginnebrug bridges and the Keukenhof Windmill.

Allen has kindly made a damaged version of the Brussels Hotel de Ville as a separate object for ruined cities. Thanks Allen!

by Kevin Driver

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Belgium_Netherlands_Landmarks.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi Kevin
    Nice work
    Thanks for these additions and thanks to Allen for the damaged versions
    Take Care
    Stuart

Thanks Kevin!!

Icon22 Reply...

Kevin,

Thank you very much for these! Did you include a layout file so these objects can be placed in their historically correct locations?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Library Staff
    Andrew,

Expect to see an updated Netherlands upload with the Dutch buildings in place.

The upcoming WW1 project will have these objects situated in Ghent, Veurne (Furnes) and Ypres. They can be used in your WW2 GSL scenery of course (DP numbers permitting). The new layouts will be included.

Germany and Austria are next. You can't miss Cologne Cathedral.

All the FSX historic landmarks will be converted, including Britain, France, Italy, Russia and Scandinavia. I'll try to cater for the North American audience with the Hoover Dam and Niagara Falls.

Cheers,

Kevin

Just a small side note as I live quite close to the Keukenhof...........

The Keukenhof windmill was not there until 1957. The windmill is actually much older (1892) but was originally build in a place called Scharmer in the extreme north of my small country. The windmill was used to pump water out of the polders and looked quite different from how it currently looks. In 1957 the Keukenhof received it as a gift from the Holland-Amerika line. The mill isn't functional, but is just there to please the tourists.....

But during the first world war there were still plenty active windmills present ion my country, so you can put this windmill anywhere....

Cheers,
    Huub

Library Staff
    Hi Huub,

Thanks for the information. I was a bit undecided about including it as we already have a couple of other Dutch/Flemish windmills available.

I've placed a few of Wolfi's models at Zaanse Schans north of Amsterdam, while the other version by Canion has been used in WW1 Flanders scenery.

Cheers,

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BlMills.jpg   Dutch_Windmill.jpg  

After watching Raymond Bernard's "Wooden Crosses" I thought we could do with a damaged windmill for those location close to the front line.

Members who have read this thread: 0