82nd Fighter Group V.2 update posted. Well, why?

Thread: 82nd Fighter Group V.2 update posted. Well, why?

The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 3.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 3

An upgrade to take advantage of further P-38J/L models development and install corrections for the 82nd Fighter Group Campaign. This is a comprehensive historical campaign for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2. It is being presented as a three part download because of the file size.

The 82nd Fighter Group was by any standard one of the most successful USAAF fighter units of the war. Its pilots destroyed 548 enemy aircraft in the air and were credited with several hundred more probably destroyed or damaged during its service in the Mediterranean Theatre of Operations and was the second highest scoring P-38 Group in WWII.

It was assigned to the 12th Air Force (tactical) until November 1, 1943 before being transferred to the new 15th Air Force (strategic). It operated over a huge geographical area - North Africa, Sardinia, Sicily, Italy, the Balkans, Greece, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, and the Ukraine.

This historical 120 mission campaign follows the Group's exploits for all its 30 months in combat, from its first mission on Dec. 23, 1942 through its last operational mission on May 2, 1945.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 3.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

82nd Fighter Group V.2 update posted. Well, why?

Hi guys

I have posted an update to the 82nd Fighter Group in the MTO and removed the original.

Two reasons why.

First, Highpockets worked through an install with me and we found several installation errors in the auto install which are now corrected.

Second, Mav surprised me with some major SCASM'd improvements to the DCC P-38J and P-38L Lightnings which are major player aircraft. Big frame rate improvements, animation of the VC control column and control wheel and a new pilot using Wolfi's pilot figure. The frame rates now are equal to the CFS2 DCC P-38F/G/H models. Together, well worth upgrading the whole campaign.

Before

After

Campaign screenies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails before.jpg   after.jpg   82nd FG 12th AF.jpg   Dixie Sloan's Twelfth.jpg   82nd FG 15th AF.jpg  
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 2.zip

Description: The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 2

An upgrade to take advantage of further P-38J/L models development and install corrections for the 82nd Fighter Group Campaign. This is a comprehensive historical campaign for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2. It is being presented as a three part download because of the file size.

The 82nd Fighter Group was by any standard one of the most successful USAAF fighter units of the war. Its pilots destroyed 548 enemy aircraft in the air and were credited with several hundred more probably destroyed or damaged during its service in the Mediterranean Theatre of Operations and was the second highest scoring P-38 Group in WWII.

It was assigned to the 12th Air Force (tactical) until November 1, 1943 before being transferred to the new 15th Air Force (strategic). It operated over a huge geographical area - North Africa, Sardinia, Sicily, Italy, the Balkans, Greece, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, and the Ukraine.

This historical 120 mission campaign follows the Group's exploits for all its 30 months in combat, from its first mission on Dec. 23, 1942 through its last operational mission on May 2, 1945.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 2.zip

The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 1.zip

Description: The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 1

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit The 82nd Fighter Group in WWII v.2 Part 1.zip

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

I completely understand the reasons for this, and will fly this as soon as I am able. I am about seventy percent through with doing a complete overhaul of the Balkans project, which will include the Yugoslavian expansion.

Thanks for all of your labors on this!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Library Staff
    Great work Kurt! Thanks a lot!

Did you mean to have Dick Bong's "Marge" in the group?
    He was grounded when his group transferred from California to the ETO/MTO theater of operations, so he was left in California.
    He then went to Australia and flew P-40s before once again gaining a P-38 for his aircraft....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Hi guys

I have posted an update to the 82nd Fighter Group in the MTO and removed the original.

Two reasons why.

First, Highpockets worked through an install with me and we found several installation errors in the auto install which are now corrected.

Second, Mav surprised me with some major SCASM'd improvements to the DCC P-38J and P-38L Lightnings which are major player aircraft. Big frame rate improvements, animation of the VC control column and control wheel and a new pilot using Wolfi's pilot figure. The frame rates now are equal to the CFS2 DCC P-38F/G/H models. Together, well worth upgrading the whole campaign.

Before

After

Campaign screenies
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Hi DD

There is already one for Bong's A/C.

The textures for the conversion of the DCC FS2004 P-38J and L are the same as this upgrade (same model w/ SCASM additions) and I put a skin for Bong's "Marge" with that package.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

DCC P-38J and P-38L Lightnings

CK

So from your remarks above concerning Mav's recent improvements to the DCC P-38J and P-38L Lightnings in this version, can I assume that those AC uploaded in late March along with the M and the photo F5E do not reflect these current improvements?

No they do not.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Thanks Captain. Going for the reinstall this weekend I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    No they do not.
    Yeah! Though so. Thanks!

Thank you very much Captain Kurt. Looking forward to installing later this evening. I think the 82nd is the largest campaign I've ever installed. Thank you again.

Members who have read this thread: 0