Eye candy not showing

Thread: Eye candy not showing

Eye candy not showing

I just installed Marshall Islands Scenery for CFS2 by UncleTgt and have added the GSL entries as required. But no infrastructure is showing. I know I have added the GSL correctly as I have done this many times with no problem. What would cause this? Hope someone can advise me as this is wonderful scenery.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Hi Stoney,
    Did you delete your filelist.DAT files?
    That could be a reason.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Thanks B24, do mean the ones in the Marshall Il scenery folder? I'm not at home now but I'll try that when I get back my PC.
    Last edited by stoney; September 8th, 2020 at 17:09.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Hi Stoney,
    Put these files in each of your CFS2 installs.
    When run they will clean out all your temp files.
    CFS2 will rebuild when started up.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, I have well and truly screwed the pooch! Now none of my many GSLs are showing. I have NO idea what in the world I did to mess up what up till now was my first class Pacific install.

Hi Stoney,

Probably off beam but are you getting a long list of missing objects when the scenery tries to load? If not, and the sim finally loads, perhaps try adding the GSL add ons again with gslMAN.

Nope, everything in all my sceneries will show as normal, just no GSL scenery at all. I was messing with the GSL folder and done something wrong. I'm going to rebuild the whole GSL folder from scratch. Going to take some time to do it but it's all I know to do.

Would I need to delete all the file filelist.dat in every SCENEDB scenery?

Nope. The GSL calls the objects in the SCENEDB folders, but does not change anything in the folders themselves. Just add the GSL files to the CFS2 GSL.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Well after a complete rebuild of my GSL scenery I still have NO GSL items showing in any of my sceneries!! The airfield is there just no trees or buildings. Any ideas as to what I might do?? Please.

I was wondering, is there a limit to the number of GSLs allowed? Maybe I'm over that limit, if there is one.

Well I'll be danged but I found the problem! In the CFS2.CFG there was this entry:

SOUND_FADER1=0.500000
    SOUND_FADER2=0.200000
    SOUND_FADER3=0.300000
    SOUND_FADER4=0.500000
    SOUND_FADER5=0.500000
    LOADWEATHER=0
    LOG_FILE=
    LOW_RES_RENDERING=0
    SITUATION=
    STARTUP_DEMO=
    KNEEBOARD=0,520,284
    UseGSL=empty.gsl

I have NO idea where the heck" UseGSL=empty.gs" came from but when I deleted it ALL my GSLs now show up as usual.

The empty GSL and CFS2.cfg are part of Lindsay Watt's GSL tutorial package. Not sure how you wound up loading that into your install but that's where it would have come from.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Stoney,

"UseGSL=empty.gsl" is so that you can change layout files to GSL files with GSLEdit tools.

You should be able to remark it out in the CFS2.cfg yet leave it there to use when needed by deleting the remarks.

i.e.
    ;;;UseGSL=empty.gsl

If you do not wish to get into changing layout files to gsl, just delete that line in the CFS2.cfg and save and exit it.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Hey thanks Devildog. I wondered how it would be useful. What remains a mystery to me was how it became there in my CSF2.cfg unprompted by me, almost over night?

Members who have read this thread: 1