Navy manuals and documents online

Thread: Navy manuals and documents online

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22 Navy manuals and documents online

Hiya Guys,

Stumbled across this website, San Francisco Maritime National Park Association, when I was looking around for pictures of "dogged down doors".

Its pretty cool.

Particularly cool are the pages dedicated to the USS Pampanito (SS-383)

The particular link I stumbled across was a page in a manual called "Instruction Book For Quick-Acting Doors", NAVSHIPS 316-0042, which describes in minutely illustrated detail the workings and maintenance of single handle (wheel) US Navy water-tight door.

The manual is included on the page named NAVY MANUALS AND DOCUMENTS ONLINE. It can be found following the USS Pampanito-> Pampanito Information -> Navy Manuals links.

It is chock full of links to navy manuals on everything you can think of. If it was a ship, was used aboard a ship or went-on aboard a ship, there is a manual to cover it!

Well worth checking out.

Cheers,
    MR

PS: the reason I was looking for pictures of dogged down doors is that just got my very first honest to goodness smart phone and have been having a lot of fun with it. I was looking fro a picture to use as wallpaper on my Lock Screen when I found this website. Hehe. Yes, I know. I have way too much time on my hands, eh?
    Last edited by MaskRider; September 7th, 2020 at 00:15.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

I'm an Army man, but thank you anyway bro!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0