BMW Hints At Possible Arrival To NASCAR As New Manufacturer

Thread: BMW Hints At Possible Arrival To NASCAR As New Manufacturer

Exclamation BMW Hints At Possible Arrival To NASCAR As New Manufacturer

NASCAR is grasping at straws trying to revive their incredibly expensive sport.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Why would BMW even consider such a parochial series?
    The NASCAR 'Target Audience' are just not into the BMW niche, BMW don't build 'Trucks' and they seem to be fixated with the EV market.
    Maybe it's BMW USA clutching at straws, but let's not forget that BMW jumped (or last I looked) ship from the expensive domestic DTM.
    Smoke and mirrors IMHO!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    let's not forget that BMW jumped (or last I looked) ship from the expensive domestic DTM.
    Audi will leave at the end of the year, leaving BMW the sole manufacturer in DTM. BMW officials said they don't want to be alone, so they will most likely leave as well, which means DTM's death.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    BMW don't build 'Trucks'
    They have built a prototype, so who knows? And committing into Cup Series doesn't mean they will have to run trucks as well.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Audi will leave at the end of the year, leaving BMW the sole manufacturer in DTM. BMW officials said they don't want to be alone, so they will most likely leave as well, which means DTM's death.
    Interesting.....

That being said, having BMW enter NASCAR IMHO would definitely up the "interesting" factor. I guess how the 2022 NASCAR "car" pans out (which as I understand it, is heavily based on the Australian Supercars model) will dictate a BMW decision....

Members who have read this thread: 0