Torpedoes won't exployed

Thread: Torpedoes won't exployed

Torpedoes won't exployed

I've been flying dasuto247's neat "TORPEDO SQUADRON TWO...Lae/Salamaua strike.March 10, 1942 missions" but my torps run under the ships without exploding. Seen like I remember this issue from a long time ago. Would anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

be careful with which inclination the torpedo throws, also the height.
    They must be thrown at a low height and with a reasonable speed
    if the torpedo falls at a great angle, it passes under the ships

Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    be careful with which inclination the torpedo throws, also the height.
    They must be thrown at a low height and with a reasonable speed
    if the torpedo falls at a great angle, it passes under the ships
    Also, if released inside 500. they will probably go underneath unless you re real low and slow. (as from a 'Swordfish').
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks guys. I think I might have been to fast. My altitude was 60 ft. On second try , low and slow, I made the hit.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Torpedo attack. Nerves of steel. I don't know how those guys did it in real life.

See if this helps

Go read what these two links say. I found them helpful and you may too.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ight=damage%20

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...15-MB-Question

Excellent information. Funny, I ran a topic search here and a Google general search and neither of these two topics showed up.

And yeah, those torpedo pilots had guts and nerves of steel! At least two of the pilots were enlisted men.

Thanks guys.

Glad you found them helpful. That's precisely why I keep an archive of especially helpful tips that have been discovered by those really talented folks found here at SOH. Sadly Talon passed away some years ago but his creativity lives on.

I wish I had seen this before the remedy was posted........

You all realize in real life early on USN torpedoes actually did NOT explode on contact with IJN ships?

There was a problem with the contact detonator fuse.

So, perhaps you have a "real life" situation in those missions and your torpedoes are the early models.

The USN lost a bunch of pilots in torpedo bombers for no reason early on. Their torpedoes were steady and true to targets and bounced off the hulls and sank.
    They were duds.
    The same was true for submariners using the same defective torpedoes.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Members who have read this thread: 0