MSFS 2020 Tools

Thread: MSFS 2020 Tools

MSFS 2020 Tools

layout-json generator

Hi,

This little tool is very handy for making the layoput.json for repaints.

https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MS...ses/tag/v1.1.0

Marcel
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; September 27th, 2021 at 05:49. Reason: Link updated

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi,

This little tool is very handy for making the layoput.json for repaints.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ut-json/245505

Marcel
    We need a pinned topic for collecting these tools. Thanks for the heads up!

Maybe change the Thread title to "MSFS 2020 Tools"? Thanks for making it sticky
    Last edited by FlyingsCool; September 6th, 2020 at 09:34.

SOH-CM-2024
    Can any of you explain how to use the dang thing? I get two executable icons, neither say MSFS Layout Generator.exe, one has MSFS Layout Generator..sin and the pother MSFS Layout Generator.csproj. What opens them? I tried to follow the Read me, but the fact I cannot find a MSFS Layout Generator.exe that is mentioned in the READ ME just does not exist! I aready have three repaints, but just cannot figure this JSON crap out.

Cazzie

Hi,
    1. Unzip the Layout creator tool into a folder that you can easily find again. Not sure if it does work on the desktop.
    2. In the aircraft folder where your new repaint is going to be placed you should already have a Layout.json file.
    3. Make or copy in the texture folder for the new skin with all the files specific to that repaint in it.
    3. Place the two folders side by side so that you can drag the Layout.json file over the creator tool and let go of the mouse button.
    4. A little CMD-pop up window appears for a few seconds and if all is well the Layout.json file will have a new time stamp and include the info for your new repaint.
    5. Add the [fltsim] info manually or copy paste into the aircraft.cfg file and edit the number as you know it from FS9 or FSX.

Hope this helps.
    Sunny

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    Hi,
    1. Unzip the Layout creator tool into a folder that you can easily find again. Not sure if it does work on the desktop.
    2. In the aircraft folder where your new repaint is going to be placed you should already have a Layout.json file.
    3. Make or copy in the texture folder for the new skin with all the files specific to that repaint in it.
    3. Place the two folders side by side so that you can drag the Layout.json file over the creator tool and let go of the mouse button.
    4. A little CMD-pop up window appears for a few seconds and if all is well the Layout.json file will have a new time stamp and include the info for your new repaint.
    5. Add the [fltsim] info manually or copy paste into the aircraft.cfg file and edit the number as you know it from FS9 or FSX.

Hope this helps.
    Sunny
    More than you know Sunny. I shall do exactly that. For some reason Miocrosoft Video Studio reads the layout.json file. I edit all aircraft.cfg in Note++. I'm learning.....slowly. Thanks for the info.

Cazzie

BMP to DXT5 DDS converter - thanks to Priller

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4...ure-converter/
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Maybe place this litlle gem here as well that @Bomber_12th shared with me, along with his explanation who to use it:

It's very easy to replace an existing soundset with one from another MSFS aircraft, or even an FS9/FSX/P3D soundset. You just have to remember that you have to recompile a new .JSON file so that the new sound files will be found when you load the aircraft.

I have attached the very easy-to-use "Auto JSON" executable I use (that I can't seem to find anywhere online anymore). Once you place the new sounds & sound.cfg file into the sound folder of the MSFS aircraft of your choosing, open the Auto JSON executable and click on the directory to navigate to your community folder and select the aircraft's main folder (the folder that contains the .JSON file). Once selected, it will automatically generate a new .JSON file and all you have to do is click save as and you're good to go.

Attached Files

Sure did the trick for me on the aircraft I tried it with....though that one had no locked files.

Cheers
    Sunny

what I needed!!!!

Thank you very much. just what I needed !!!!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Members who have read this thread: 156