Pearl Harbor addon P40 model not loading - please help!

Thread: Pearl Harbor addon P40 model not loading - please help!

Pearl Harbor addon P40 model not loading - please help!

Hi i still like to play the old sims, CFS 1 and 2 in particular and i just got as a gift the old Pearl Harbor expansion from Just Flight, the nice boxed version. The add on installs no problems and all the scenery and such is there and fine however if i attempt to fly any mission that involves the Curtis P-40B kittyhawk that the expansion also includes, i just get an error message stating the following: "Visual model could not be displayed. Flight Pearl Harbor P40." When I click on the close window, I get this message:" Error loading mission file. Either mission file is corrupt or formatted improperly" I have reinstalled it with admin and win95 compat and AV turned off, but still the error message. it seems as though the P40 itself, which was one of the main features of the expansion and without which i cannot play any of the Pearl Harbor scenarios, is in some way itself faulty. Would anyone be able to please help me with this - do you happen to have this expansion and all working P40 model from this expansion which i could replace the faulty one with? or perhaps someone has the digital download version of this product which possibility does not have this fault. thank you in advance for any help anyone can afford me regards

Something is wrong with the P-40. That error means that the 3d model isn't A: Being loaded because the name listed inside of the Model.cfg dosen't match the .mdl file B:the model isn't comparable with CFS2. A quick googles show that there are some patches for this add-on.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FL1-PRL-DL1

Other than that I don't think I can help anymore with out having the P-40 it self to look at.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

thanks - yes i found htat patch now just a moment ago and that has fixed the issue with the p-40 model.

I had been just looking for something from Just Flight for the addon re patch, - but only when i looked up flight1 did i find it also; surprisingly they still even sell the addon as a digital download

Members who have read this thread: 0