L35 Big Bear Airport, CA

Thread: L35 Big Bear Airport, CA

L35 Big Bear Airport, CA

So, I flew out of Big Bear after the update and came upon this... besides the bridge underwater, I assume the missing trees is a bug? I've not seen anything like this in any of the flights I've taken. I've been here, those are big trees. Why no trees or vegetation? (Interesting the houses worked, but not the vegetation) Should I report this?

Definitely a report. Underwater bridges and lack of the correct vegetation is something the developers would want to correct.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Definitely a report. Underwater bridges and lack of the correct vegetation is something the developers would want to correct.
    In this case... ANY vegetation, haha... sigh
    I did

Eww. That particular hillside needs work to bring it up to FSX standard!

August

You would think that they could come up with a line of code that says if a road goes over water, throw in an autogen bridge.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    You would think that they could come up with a line of code that says if a road goes over water, throw in an autogen bridge.
    There is, so normally there will be a bridge there. I'm going to check out the area and see how it looks on my end. The only bridges not portrayed yet are railroad type (outside of photogrammetry).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    There is, so normally there will be a bridge there. I'm going to check out the area and see how it looks on my end. The only bridges not portrayed yet are railroad type (outside of photogrammetry).
    My settings are mostly Ultra btw. It looks to me, they forgot the vegetation data for this square.

I just flew around there and there are trees for me. I don't know what would cause the difference (I'm at Ultra settings too).

Do you have any add-on scenery yet?

LouP

Only the freeware Orbx scenery. And the V7 livery megapack and a couple other liveries I integrated in.

I'm just getting in, I'll go back and see what I've got. This is a flight right after I installed the upgrade. And I had rebooted the software since then.

The upgrade did reset all my settings and I had to go in and change them all. Maybe I missed something. Definitely had set the Trees to Ultra (and others) and restarted the software. And there were trees everywhere else, just not in the couple square miles around L35.

Yep, just checked again, still devoid of trees. I'll try removing all the Community stuff first.

Screw it. I'm finding zero mention anywhere of anyone having this problem. So I'm going to have to assume it's an issue with my setup, likely caused by the installation of the update.

I did notice some weirdness when installing the update, and this was the first airport I went to, and where I noticed I needed to reset my Graphics settings. So after removing the Community addons, I tried repairing it. No change. Then I reset it, and it started the install process again, but wouldn't let me install it where it used to be. And I didn't want to have double the space taken up by it, so I've removed it and I'll try reinstalling the software. I have zero idea why they make this software so hard to install and don't let you control where it will go or know how to deal with their own security protocols. My guess is there was something screwy in the graphics settings, and I have no idea how to fix anything because they don't give you access to anything anymore. Pisses me off when I can't fix things.

I am somewhat worried that I have this WindowsApp directory I can't do anything with, I was able to delete the installed software directory.

Reinstalling fixed the problem at Big Bear. Weird that it happened.

Interestingly, too me anyway... The original install, all the files were encrypted. In the new install, they are not. This time, having more experience installing, I did not install to the WpSystem directory, I imagine that's the reason?

Well looks like my trees in NH disappeared now. I also have my trees on ultra. Is your problem cleared up now after the re-install?

LouP

Yes, reinstalling it cleared up the issue. It seems like installing the update triggered the problem. But I don't know.

When I reinstalled it, I installed it to a new directory on my drive (not in the WpApps directory). I think this will also help me in the future, because it's not encrypted now, so I think I will have better control of the files. We'll see. Sim is working great now, though, and reinstalling it automatically installed the update, so you don't have to go through that again.

One other issue that seems to keep popping up is that the sim seems to forget my graphics settings, it occasionally, through no action of mine as far as I can tell, when it boots up, it thinks it needs a lower resolution monitor, and it sets all my settings to medium or less. Major pain in the butt. Only settings it resets however are the Graphics settings. The first time it happened is when I lost my trees at L35.

I've learned the hard way to stay out of my GeForce Experience app. (The overlay is still fine.) The app will do its damnedest to "optimize" my sim when I'm in it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I've learned the hard way to stay out of my GeForce Experience app. (The overlay is still fine.) The app will do its damnedest to "optimize" my sim when I'm in it.
    Eureka!! That's very likely it!!! I did check to see if there were updated drivers!

How the <appropriate swear word> do we stop it from doing that?! That's stupid!

Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0