FlyFree Studio Rafale

Thread: FlyFree Studio Rafale

Hybrid View

FlyFree Studio Rafale

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hello everyone! I've just bought the Rafale v2.0 by Flyfreestd and this is my little feedback :

1 : Visuals : Very nice, models and textures are well done, the VC is also good
    2 : Flight model : here something should be adressed, the engine response lags too much, at least on my system/hardware,
    this results in a struggle during the approach for Landing where it's quite difficult to keep a constant speed/rate of descent,
    I've tried to increase a bit in the Aircraft cfg-engine section the value of fuel flow gain and things are a little better.
    Another point is that below Mach1 (more or less, depending also from the altitude) the Aircraft is very manouvrable but above
    that speed it becomes suddenly very heavy and slow around both roll and pitch axis, it seems a big cargo airplane fully loaded.
    Ok, maybe the flybyware software safeguards pilot and airframe from high loads but IMHO this is too excessive.
    3: Marginal point : the wheels of the main gear are too mach flattened when on the ground, the airplane seems fully loaded even
    in clean configuration, maybe changing some contact points value ... but I don't know how and where.
    4 : Last point is that it deserves for sure more repaints, I really hope that some artists here will fill the gap ( as long as the developer releases the paint kit) .
    In conclusion I think that this addon is Worth the price, those negative points above are not so grave to avoid me to reccommend it to all Rafale fans !
    Agree with all, especially #2. My landings are horrible. With no loadout I should be able to make a controlled landing around 150 kts, but the AoA is too high and I'm all over the place.

And I like to see more repaints as well, but I don't see any repaint kit available.

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    I've forgotten 2 other points :

1: both left and right MFD when adjusted to max light intensity ( value=4) are too much dull, the manual states that a switch
    in the left console can put them to a higher intensity but it doesn't work.
    2 : A positive point : external loads manager is present so a wide variety of combinations is possible
    Also agree.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I've got their MiG-29 and I'm very happy with it. Ok these are not study level aircraft, but the modeling of this company is top notch!

My paypal is talking to me about the Rafale!!

And here's to hoping that they will start to develop for MSFS!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Let's give some colour to this new thread :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-28_22-25-4-131.jpg   2020-8-29_23-35-8-960.jpg   2020-8-27_22-59-0-722.jpg   2020-8-27_22-45-34-632.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-29_22-30-1-479.jpg   2020-8-27_23-3-22-303.jpg   2020-8-27_22-39-4-424.jpg   2020-8-27_23-5-57-89.jpg  

Magnificent shots!

Dassault aircraft are like French women: beautifull, make your head spin and of their own will!

So I went ahead and bought this little looker!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Magnificent shots!

Dassault aircraft are like French women: beautifull, make your head spin and of their own will!

So I went ahead and bought this little looker!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I've got their MiG-29 and I'm very happy with it. Ok these are not study level aircraft, but the modeling of this company is top notch!

My paypal is talking to me about the Rafale!!

And here's to hoping that they will start to develop for MSFS!

Priller
    I have several FlyFree Studio aircraft and like them all (for those times I don't want to fly a study level aircraft ).

The Rafale seems to have some new features the other FFS don't have - perhaps because this is V2?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Among those new features, the pitot heater, must be switched
    ON always unless you want to fly without airspeed readings quite shortly after the takeoff

I've figured out how to make less flattened the wheels ( only on the Rafale M, but I think that the correction should work fine also for B & C models) , changing a little three contact points in aircraft cfg , see the pics.
    As a rule of thumb, the more you increase the figures, the less the tyres are flattened , ( original figures were -7,5 / -6,5 / -6,5 )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WHEELS_LESS_FLATTENED.jpg   2020-8-31_21-17-6-274.jpg   2020-8-28_22-6-36-321.jpg  

OK, I've just checked if the figures of the previous post (model M) worked fine also for the C model : THEY DIDN'T , actually for the C model they are a little different , see the picture :
    (consequently for B model the figures will be different but I've not yet checked )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WHEELS_LESS_FLATTENED_C_MODEL.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3