Martin Mars Repaints

Thread: Martin Mars Repaints

Martin Mars Repaints

TEXTURES ONLY......

Available in Avsim's library now!

Search for:

Virtavia Martin Mars Retro v1.0.zip

I got a request to recreate Coulson's very dark blue repaint of the Philippine Mars and one thing led to another. The long winded explanation of the different paint schemes is contained in the readme.txt file.

Enjoy!

Tommy

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I found a small bug with the Hawaii Mars config entry:

revise:
    sound=PropSound DC-6 R-2800

to read as:
    sound=

This will restore the default sound set.

Sorry, I have been testing alternate sound sets and this one slipped through.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Ouch!.....I am issuing a new set of textures for the Palau Mars, as there were some conflicts between the textures, bump maps, etc. Essentially, the new faux window and cargo door locations relative to the beaching gear were slightly off on both sides of the fuselage. The other repaints are OK. You can find the revised texture set at Avsim's Library.

Search for:

virtavia_martin_mars_retro_v1.1_palau.zip

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Tommy, Is this Palau v1.1 the same as your Virtavia_martin_mars_retro_v1.1_palau.zip posted to Avsim on 3 Sep 2020? Or have you replaced the 3 Sep upload?

It's the same.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    Tommy, Is this Palau v1.1 the same as your Virtavia_martin_mars_retro_v1.1_palau.zip posted to Avsim on 3 Sep 2020? Or have you replaced the 3 Sep upload?
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Tommie, what can I say but these look fantastic! Nice and shiny like a proper warbird! (And thanks for finishing the fleet. I wonder know why Alphasim/Virtavia didn't do that.) I'll have to check out some of the airliner type repaints too. Glad to see the Mars still getting the love!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Tommie, what can I say but these look fantastic! Nice and shiny like a proper warbird! (And thanks for finishing the fleet. I wonder know why Alphasim/Virtavia didn't do that.) I'll have to check out some of the airliner type repaints too. Glad to see the Mars still getting the love!

Thanks for the kind words Josh. My older repaints all differ in their level of completeness or lack thereof. Seems that with some of these less popular warbirds, documentation showing the various areas of interest can be very hard if not impossible to come by. So some items have to be eye-balled in and other items may be flat out missing.

Seems a bit late in the game for Virtavia to issue updated Models or an updated VC for this one in FSX, and the newly released MSFS seems to set such a high watermark in detail for native aircraft that it may not be financially feasible to produce these types of aircraft any more. Time will tell.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Josh. My older repaints all differ in their level of completeness or lack thereof. Seems that with some of these less popular warbirds, documentation showing the various areas of interest can be very hard if not impossible to come by. So some items have to be eye-balled in and other items may be flat out missing.

Seems a bit late in the game for Virtavia to issue updated Models or an updated VC for this one in FSX, and the newly released MSFS seems to set such a high watermark in detail for native aircraft that it may not be financially feasible to produce these types of aircraft any more. Time will tell.

Tommy
    Yeah. I was surprised last week when I found out Virtavia did an update to the B-24 by releasing the early LB-30 and B-24A along with the PB4Y-1 AND PB4Y-2 in FSX. (And they had been out since February. If it wasn't for someone here doing a repaint I wouldn't have known about them.) I really wanted their C-121 but I don't have P3D.

Yeah. I was surprised last week when I found out Virtavia did an update to the B-24 by releasing the early LB-30 and B-24A along with the PB4Y-1 AND PB4Y-2 in FSX. (And they had been out since February. If it wasn't for someone here doing a repaint I wouldn't have known about them.)......

Yeah me too. I picked up the package because of the weirdness of the PB4Y-2. The VC is showing its age though, and the VC for the PB4Y-1 and PB4Y-2 uses the default B-24 engine locations next to the cockpit windows instead of pushing them further back out of view. Maybe one day Virtavia will issue a patch for this. Still, it's not a deal breaker for me. In any case, I added its startup smoke to the the Martin Mars by adding the following line to the [effects] section of the Martin Mars aircraft.cfg:

startup = fx_Virtavia_B24_engstrt

Tommy

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Yeah me too. I picked up the package because of the weirdness of the PB4Y-2. The VC is showing its age though, and the VC for the PB4Y-1 and PB4Y-2 uses the default B-24 engine locations next to the cockpit windows instead of pushing them further back out of view. Maybe one day Virtavia will issue a patch for this. Still, it's not a deal breaker for me. In any case, I added its startup smoke to the the Martin Mars by adding the following line to the [effects] section of the Martin Mars aircraft.cfg:

startup = fx_Virtavia_B24_engstrt

Tommy

Thanks for the startup smoke. As for the view out the PBY's windows I guess I was just too jazzed to have a nice Privateer that I didn't notice! The B-24A/LB-30 probably has the same issue then. BTW, did you happen to notice what I'm standing on in my avatar?

.... BTW, did you happen to notice what I'm standing on in my avatar?
    Yes, I noticed that years ago!

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

TEXTURES ONLY......

Available in Avsim's library now!

Search for:

virtavia_martin_mars_retro_v1.0_coulson.zip

What would Coulson's current dark blue Philippine Mars look like if Coulson brought it back into service?

Enjoy!

Tommy

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

textures only......

available in avsim's library now!

search for:

virtavia_martin_mars_retro_v1.0_coulson.zip

what would coulson's current dark blue philippine mars look like if coulson brought it back into service?

enjoy!

tommy

quite nice!

Members who have read this thread: 2