RAF Duxford shows become only a virtual reality

Thread: RAF Duxford shows become only a virtual reality

RAF Duxford shows become only a virtual reality

Along with FSX, I follow real-life warbird preservation and air show activity. When the RAF Duxford event takes place each summer the videos of the event on YouTube follow quickly. Unfortunately, when this year’s activities were cancelled due to the virus threat, I was of course disappointed. Any cancelled event is a financial loss, but the announcement on Aug. 25th by the Fighter Collection that they have parted ways with the operator of RAF Duxford was a shock. This has been arguably the best display of flying war planes anywhere.To me, Rob Young’s FSX Duxford scenery and the optional air show addon bring something to the simulator that is unique; at least in the freeware realm. Now that we have most likely seen the last of the annual shows at Duxford, we have only FSX and YouTube to keep the memory alive.

really sad news, air shows in Brazil are very rare, so I follow the world, very sad to know the end of this,I have the RAF Duxford scenario, it really is very good
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

I took advantage and went to check the scenery, top as always

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Sad news, at least we can enjoy it in the virtual world. Virtual airshow pics coming in hot!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-27_16-25-5-724 3.jpg  

Lightbulb

An interesting development for Duxford fans like myself, although, for the time being, the Fighter collection will still be based at Duxford, its the Flying Legends airshow in July thats been halted, this may be bad new's, but it also maybe good news, Nick Grey has already hinted at an alternative event at another location, plenty of speculation as to where that may be, and possibly, the IWM will host its own show in the summer season, again much speculation. There's also the possibility of the FC pulling out of Duxford altogether, and how many other warbird operator's will follow. Duxfords loss could be another airfields gain.
    Ive got ticket's for the September BoB show, my first socially distance airshow Ill let you know in time how that works out

PS, its unlikely to see the end of airshow's at Duxford, Word has it that IWM wanted a bigger cut of ticket profits and FC could'nt agree, Id imagine we will still see airshows at Dux, but purely IWM hosted events

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    really sad news, air shows in Brazil are very rare, so I follow the world, very sad to know the end of this,I have the RAF Duxford scenario, it really is very good
    It´s not the end, Duxford will stay alive and will be a hotspot for warbirds. BTW, love the scenery and use it very frequently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-28_11-10-28-963.jpg   2020-8-28_11-1-9-492.jpg   2020-8-28_10-50-46-151.jpg  

Thanks to Bomber_12th, this scenery can even be made to work in P3D4.5 and v5!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Thanks to Bomber_12th, this scenery can even be made to work in P3D4.5 and v5!!
    Ooh! I used to love this scenery on FSX. Priller, can you point me to Bomber_12's fix? Couldn't find it on a library search.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Ooh! I used to love this scenery on FSX. Priller, can you point me to Bomber_12's fix? Couldn't find it on a library search.
    It's instructions really. For those of us who use ORBX global and ORBX TEGB.

I'll see whether I can find that post.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0