Patches, changelog of updates for MSFS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patches, changelog of updates for MSFS

Patches, changelog of updates for MSFS

Topic for info about incoming patches.

The first.... Tomorrow :

"The team is currently working hard to provide a patch update to address issues that have been recently reported. Expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update."
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Topic for info about incoming patches.

The first.... Tomorrow :
    Info about the patch date tomorrow, not the patch itself unless we're lucky!

Also, here is the latest Development Roadmap that was posted last month. Note that the free "World Update" series begins next month, or at least an introduction to it. These will be released every 2-3 months (separate from the free Sim Updates which will also be released every 2-3 months on an opposing/opposite schedule I believe) and will focus on specific regions at a time, injecting the latest Bing aerials/data, more hand-crafted airports, more POI's (unique hand-modeled landmarks), and more landing challenges and planned flight/trips, all for within each specific region at a time. As can also be seen here, the next Development Roadmap will be released next month as well.

There should also be some news soon about the NDA-bound beta program that will be starting up again to test future updates and new content outside of the release version.

I hope they update the flight dynamics thrust/drag on the jets as they need it badly and from the looks if it, we're not going to have any major addon aircraft until at least late winter/spring of 21.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I hope they update the flight dynamics thrust/drag on the jets as they need it badly and from the looks if it, we're not going to have any major addon aircraft until at least late winter/spring of 21.
    What makes you say that about major addon aircraft? I've seen tons of 3rd party addon aircraft in the works, which I imagine we will start seeing be released within 2 or 3 months (upgrades of freeware FSX aircraft, so not study level, but I'd be happy). And we know 3rd party more major aircraft are in the works. It seems there are planned additions to the SDK and 3rd party support continuously going forward.

What's a "major addon" aircraft?, what in the above chart says that we won't see any?

Not doubting you have logic behind your statement, just asking.

As far as jets, is the flight dynamics change you're imagining in the base system, so no jet will ever work properly until they fix it? or is it some tweaking of the flight model for the individual aircraft that could be fixed through the SDK?

Blog Entries
    ya know what I'd like?? I'd like my throttles to move when i push them forward, not three seconds later, not after I've moved them half way no. I want the throttles to move when I push them. I dont think thats a lot to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    What makes you say that about major addon aircraft? I've seen tons of 3rd party addon aircraft in the works, which I imagine we will start seeing be released within 2 or 3 months (upgrades of freeware FSX aircraft, so not study level, but I'd be happy). And we know 3rd party more major aircraft are in the works. It seems there are planned additions to the SDK and 3rd party support continuously going forward.

What's a "major addon" aircraft?, what in the above chart says that we won't see any?

Not doubting you have logic behind your statement, just asking.

As far as jets, is the flight dynamics change you're imagining in the base system, so no jet will ever work properly until they fix it? or is it some tweaking of the flight model for the individual aircraft that could be fixed through the SDK?
    I looked at the major addon builders current WIP roadmap and at the earliest, it will be next year between late winter to spring before the PMDG 737NG3 comes out. There are a number of Devs that may push their developments back until this time or late 2021 due to the fact that the SDK is not complete yet (or released in current unfinished form). As far as the jets are concerned, the thrust/drag tables are way off, way too much acceleration for average loads but there are other aspects of the flight dynamics that are said to need adjusting as well. I wish I could go in and adjust the Thrust/Drag settings on my own but see no way to do that as of yet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    ya know what I'd like?? I'd like my throttles to move when i push them forward, not three seconds later, not after I've moved them half way no. I want the throttles to move when I push them. I dont think thats a lot to ask.
    Couple of things.

First, make sure your throttles are assigned to "Axis Throttle [number]," not to "Throttle." If you don't use the Axis assignment, the sim reads your hardware as if it was a button - off 'til halfway, then on.

Second... or if you're already using an Axis assignment... check the sensitivity settings. There's a sensitivity button on the left side of the controls interface. A straight linear setting (0% sensitivity) and zero null zone works best for power and mixture settings - but they may not be set that way by default. What you're describing could be the result of a negative curve - very little response, then a lot as you get toward the end of travel.

The sensitivity settings could use some fine tuning and the controls dialogue isn't well designed, so it can be a bit of a struggle.

If none of this works - then let us know what throttle hardware you're using. Most are working OK but some have had problems.

Hope this is helpful.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I've noticed that Throttle and Mixture have a maximum travel rate, but the Prop will move as fast as I can dial the knob on my X-52. I just think of it as preventing engine stress...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The first patch in next week:

https://fselite.net/news/msfs-august...opment-update/

PATCH NOTES
    STABILITY ISSUES

The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
    The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted

INSTALLATION ISSUES

The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
    The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
    The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
    The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
    The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)

CONTENT MANAGER

The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
    The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
    The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated

SIMCONNECT

Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience

OPTIMIZATION

The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active

MARKETPLACE

The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I thought I read that the turbulence was being addressed.

I dont see model improvment on the list. Hmmm.
    Few tested planes have bugs (not working gauges for example, like this yellow Zlin / Cub - CHT gauge).

There are going to be monthly "Sim Updates", as they will be referred to as, to correct things like that and more, released every 2-3 months (in addition to the "World Updates" also to be released every 2-3 months (not on the same schedule)), but this isn't one of those. This current patch is just for the immediate big issues at the moment plaguing some with regard to installation and stability.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The only one of these update that is of interest to me is the sim-connect. Now, maybe I will be able to use FSUIPC7 without becoming a pretty slideshow.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Dev update 10.09. The second patch we will recive in the next 10 days:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/sept...E7uAC0OWc6MOAA .

This next patch, which will be released within the next 9 days, is the one that many people have been waiting to see.

PATCH #2 HIGHLIGHTS
    (full patch notes will be released with the patch)

• Performance improvements
    • ATC updates
    • UI updates
    • Aerodynamic updates
    • Aircraft updates
    • Cockpit visuals and animation updates
    • General aviation system updates
    • General aviation avionic updated
    • Airliner system updates
    • Airliner avionic updates
    • Live Weather updates – (e.g. 225/3kt wind fixed, persistency fixed, etc.)
    • Upgraded multiplayer servers
    • Marketplace updates
    • Content Manager updates
    • Localization updates
    • Accessibility updates
    • Camera updates
    • Bush Trip updates (e.g. completion trigger fixed/Completionist achievement fixed)
    • World updates

Ahead of this patch, I'm going to make sure to put all of my Community folder addons in a separate/temporary folder first, and then see what things look like stock, before bringing addons back in again. The aircraft.cfg files for all of the aircraft repaints will need updating with the latest aircraft.cfg files/info that may be updated/improved with this patch.

This of course is just one patch/update - they're planning on releasing at least one meaningful content update each month for the foreseeable future (including sim updates and world updates).

Also worth posting this here, from the September 3rd Dev Update, which also mentions some of the items being addressed in this next patch/update.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; September 11th, 2020 at 06:28.

BTW, for anyone who may not know this already, Asobo/Microsoft are working on developing what they call "World 2.0" for this sim, which we will see in the form of the free "World Updates" which will be released every 2-3 months. According to the head of MSFS, Jorg Neumann, they have been actively working on collecting new aerial imagery and data of the northern hemisphere of the globe (during this past summer season) to be injected into Bing and to be processed into MSFS. I imagine the same will be repeated for the southern hemisphere likely early in the coming year. Each free World Update will concentrate on just one region at a time, and will be a package featuring the latest aerials and data from Bing, new hand-crafted airports within that specific region, new hand-modeled POI's (points of interest) within that specific region, and new landing challenges and planned flying trips for that specific region. The goal is to eventually cover each part of the world with these updates, and to give a particular focus to each region of the world at a time.

There are a few interviews where this has been covered, but this is probably as good as them all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rl_onmgoV8&feature=youtu.be&t=3002

With everything Asobo/MS are doing for this sim, and evidently some even bigger things that they aren't able to talk about yet, there's no way "the dust is going to settle" with this sim. We're just seeing the beginning here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    BTW, for anyone who may not know this already, Asobo/Microsoft are working on developing what they call "World 2.0" for this sim, which we will see in the form of the free "World Updates" which will be released every 2-3 months. According to the head of MSFS, Jorg Neumann, they have been actively working on collecting new aerial imagery and data of the northern hemisphere of the globe (during this past summer season) to be injected into Bing and to be processed into MSFS. I imagine the same will be repeated for the southern hemisphere likely early in the coming year. Each free World Update will concentrate on just one region at a time, and will be a package featuring the latest aerials and data from Bing, new hand-crafted airports within that specific region, new hand-modeled POI's (points of interest) within that specific region, and new landing challenges and planned flying trips for that specific region. The goal is to eventually cover each part of the world with these updates, and to give a particular focus to each region of the world at a time.

There are a few interviews where this has been covered, but this is probably as good as them all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rl_onmgoV8&feature=youtu.be&t=3002

With everything Asobo/MS are doing for this sim, and evidently some even bigger things that they aren't able to talk about yet, there's no way "the dust is going to settle" with this sim. We're just seeing the beginning here.
    And I hope the record number of users has injected quite a bit of support for Asobo from Microsoft as well. I'm so happy the reception has been so great!
    And that the developer community has jumped in the deep end with both feet so well, too!

It's like all our dreams came true.

v1.9.3.0

The new update is ready for download
    (+ Japan).

How to get the Japan Update:

- Log into the Microsoft Store or Steam and check for updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Make sure you install the latest update (1.9.3).
    - After you launch the sim, you can press ALT+ENTER and look at your title bar to check to make sure you have the latest version.
    - An automatic update around ~9 GB will begin to complete the 1.9.3 installation.
    -Once MSFS is updated (v1.9.3.0), visit the Marketplace to download the Japan content bundle

Q&A about next patches (few very good news):

btw. next big update of scenery (like it was for Japan) - USA .

8th dev. update:
    https://www.flightsimulator.com/octo...jZEt7gEMw4PFCo

The new patches 15 and 29.10.2020:

According to the DR released yesterday: https://www.flightsimulator.com/octo...opment-update/

The next patch (#4) is due for release next week on Tuesday, October 13th, which will include:

• Bug fixes (VFR Map, Avionics black screen, etc.)
    • Navigation data updates
    • UI updates
    • Aerodynamics updates
    • Activity updates
    • Marketplace updates
    • World updates
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; October 9th, 2020 at 06:45.

The "Press Any Key To Start" issue on the wishlist is labeled "Fixed." I guess I won't be seeing my replacement video of the young ladies frolicking around with bush planes anymore.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The "Press Any Key To Start" issue on the wishlist is labeled "Fixed." I guess I won't be seeing my replacement video of the young ladies frolicking around with bush planes anymore.
    That is a travesty my friend an utter travesty!

Members who have read this thread: 0