Patches, changelog of updates for MSFS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patches, changelog of updates for MSFS

It's honestly a very mild PG-13, but definitely more interesting that just in-sim footage. I found it on Vimeo (search Girls and Planes), then used another website that converts the html video to a downloadable mp4. Then I ran that through Movie Maker to delete the audio, renamed it, changed the extension on the original to .bak, and dropped it into the folder. The video's really just an ad for some Russian Facebook wannabe, but I really don't care about that. The only time you see that is at the very end.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The "Press Any Key To Start" issue on the wishlist is labeled "Fixed." I guess I won't be seeing my replacement video of the young ladies frolicking around with bush planes anymore.
    I hope so! This video is nice (to see 1-2 times) but its waste of time...

btw. What is good I see a lot of updates of SDK (according plans), so maybe more 3th party addons for MSFS finally... (till now we have only 2 planes from Carenado, 1 Bird Dog of BBS and this (poor?) Kitfox) .
    Last edited by YoYo; October 9th, 2020 at 23:25.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    v1.9.3.0

The new update is ready for download
    (+ Japan).

How to get the update???? Mine is v1.8.3.0, MS Store AND app show NO new updates, my ingame store shows the JAPAN World update owned and downloaded, but NOT installed. I have a lot of updates in Content Manager shown as downloaded but NOT installed.

I keep trying the sign out trick, but it does not take. I sign out, shutdown MSFS, reboot computer, restart MSFS, and I'm still logged in!

I checked the MSFS forums, but could find nothing on my problem. (Wrong search criteria???) Running WIN 10 v2004, build v19041.508. Is this the latest?
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Don - if you got your game through the MS Store, go back there and let it check for updates. It'll do a small update there, then when you launch the sim, it'll do the big one. Once 1930 is in, then Japan will be in the Marketplace as a free "purchase." With Steam or XBox, I'm not sure how to get the 1930 patch. The Japan package requires it though.

Edit - just re-read. Not sure why you're not getting the update. Make sure you use the MS Store app in Win 10, and not the store website. Also make sure you're logged in.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tom, I tried everything both you and John Terrill suggested, none worked. Finally, I just uninstalled using the Windows uninstaller. Guess what, this uninstaller does NOT remove ANY content. It just removes the necessary files to start the program. Anyway, I reinstalled from the store using the Windows10 Store App. Primary download is done, and after starting the program, it is presently downloading the main content. Also, the version is now 1.9.3.0. After installation finishes, will see if all my prior purchases are still available, or if they need reinstalling. Will have to wait till tomorrow to see what happens.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

1.9.5.0. out! Its about 0,6 Gb for download, for installation 2,41Gb.

RELEASE NOTES 1.9.5.0

PLANES

-The VFR map should no longer crash the title during a flight
    -Avionic screens or buttons in the cockpit should no longer be turned off randomly (ghost cockpit)
    -Crashes related to the use of the Smart cam have been fixed

AIRPORTS

-Navblue navigation data has been updated

UI

-Version history is now properly displayed in the Marketplace and Content manager
    -The multiple simultaneous downloads in the content manager are better handled to prevent crashes or freezes
    -The packages downloaded through the content manager should now be correctly loaded without requiring a reboot of the title
    -The airport icons in the world map have been slightly modified

AERODYNAMICS

-Auto Pilot pitch oscillation has been reduced on some planes

ACTIVITY

-Multiplayer has been deactivated in the Japan Discovery Flight

MARKETPLACE

-Quality of life updates for the marketplace

WORLD

-Autogen buildings height has been reviewed
    -TIN luminance (Sendai, Takamatsu, Tokushima, Tokyo, Utsunomiya, Yokohama)
    https://www.flightsimulator.com/rele...now-available/
    Last edited by YoYo; October 13th, 2020 at 09:29.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

New speed of tranasfers is amazing:

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    New speed of tranasfers is amazing...
    I wish Spectrum would give me that. I was averaging 60-70 through the entire process.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

My "Press Any Key To Start" is still there. I thought they were doing away with it?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

My "Press Any Key To Start" is still there. I thought they were doing away with it?
    I have a feeling that this is more of a hotfix than an update (hence, it's 1.9.5). In the video, I thought they said they'd be releasing the USA World Update on the 13th. No sign of that, so I think not everything they've finished made it in this release?

I have still it too. I noticed also problem with save, when I load it (new save of 1.9.5.0.) = CTD, I’ll try it again.

Ok, again CTD when you load save file in 1.9.5.0.
    If you noticed the same you can vote it here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...oad-ctd/301270 .

Is anyone else having an issue accessing the Content Manager since the update? I just get a spinny thingy, it never loads. No crash though.

Edit: Found the fix: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...1-9-5/300602/6

Basically, the json reader of the Manifest.json is less tolerant of bad syntax now.

Edit 2: There's a missing comma at the top of the C152X Manifest.json in the dependencies section
    Last edited by FlyingsCool; October 14th, 2020 at 08:54.

The major World Updates, like Japan, are only going to be released every 2-3 months. Asobo has said that the USA World Update will be launched later this year (I wouldn't expect it until probably late December).

October 15th, Dev.Update:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/octo...Jz_dHdQFWRsHDs .

Unfortunately due to an oversight on our end (yes we are human) we inadvertently posted the wrong date for the “Press Any Key To Continue” change on the previous weeks Feedback Snapshot. As such this change did not go live in this update but instead will go out with Update 5 as we had originally intended.

Last edited by YoYo; October 15th, 2020 at 22:23.

I want to know how all of you were notified by your sim about the update. I had to completely uninstall 1.8.3.0 and reinstall from the store to get the 1.9.3.0 update. Then, the download would not install to my original installation location. After two nights of attempting to get the 1.9.5.0 update, unsuccessfully, I made two short night flights, in areas I know. My in cockpit camera is now a snapback camera, with limited movement, and cannot be changed. I tried redownloading, but am not given the ability in the store, without uninstalling, AGAIN. Losing faith in this sim, fast.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I want to know how all of you were notified by your sim about the update...
    When I lunched the sim - it every time checks updates, if it present (the new update) the sim doesnt run further but you have info about waiting update for installation. Maybe you blocked something in your Internet?

My in cockpit camera is now a snapback camera, with limited movement, and cannot be changed.
    Check your camera settings. This is my in-cockpit section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.10.16 - 11.38.19.61.png  
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I want to know how all of you were notified by your sim about the update. I had to completely uninstall 1.8.3.0 and reinstall from the store to get the 1.9.3.0 update. Then, the download would not install to my original installation location. After two nights of attempting to get the 1.9.5.0 update, unsuccessfully, I made two short night flights, in areas I know. My in cockpit camera is now a snapback camera, with limited movement, and cannot be changed. I tried redownloading, but am not given the ability in the store, without uninstalling, AGAIN. Losing faith in this sim, fast.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    With the Microsoft Store version, you have to go to the Microsoft Store when an update is released first.

I opened Microsoft Store, and I had to wait several minutes for it to change from "Play" to a little teeny |> arrow button with no explanation in the ribbon under the picture. When I pressed it, it installed a small update. Then, when I went into the game, it downloaded the update.

Wouldn't let me start the game without doing the Microsoft Store step first, but it did notify me to do that.

With the last two updates, there was no indication in the Store app that an update was happening, but I have the sim pinned in my Start menu, so when I went there I almost immediately saw that icon was dark with the mini progress bar. When the first (?) patch came out, I opened the Store app and didn't see anything. I closed it, thought of something else to look at, reopened the Store app, and it showed the initial update in progress.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tom, YoYo and Flyscool, thanks for your replies, but mine's not doing any of those. The first update, to 1.8.3.0 did exactly as it was supposed to do. All updates occurred exactly as stated by each of you, with very little interaction on my part. Since then, my head has pounded a pretty good sized dent in my old lathe and plaster wall behind my chair. None of the number of steps suggested before work. Nor has any of the suggestions on the Microsoft forums. My next step is a complete uninstall and then a complete search and destroy throughout my computer and 6 HHD/SSDs. Then try an entirely new install from the store again.

Tom, those are the same settings I have for my cockpit camera. It worked great in v1.8.3.0. My external still works properly. When I did the first uninstall/reinstall to get to 1.9.3.0, it occurred very quickly, and must have kept all my configs, as the settings remained for all my controls and graphics. But now, the cockpit camera pans with the POV button, but does not have full movement. It moves only within the limits of the "instrument" views, and snaps back to forward view when POV released. zoom works properly with mouse wheel, but attempting to operate any switch/button is nearly impossible, as the view jiggles a lot when held. Also, it will not stop at an intermediate point, only at full range within the "instrument" views. I can pick the individual instrument views, and successfully operate the buttons in them, but cannot look beyond those views, even in free movement. I've tried about 60% of the different camera settings/types/movements, and none of them have been the original "default" camera. As for the Drone, I can't figure that one out at all, but I digress.

Sorry to vent, things just not going smoothly in a lot of different things. I'll keep trying. I will get through this. Hopefully before I have to repair the hole in the wall.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

The only thing I can think of then would be to reset your control bindings to default and delete any stored configurations. Maybe then you can start over.

When I was the FS9 moderator, I could tell you the function of just about every single file in the install. Here, I'm still learning along with everyone else!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Check your camera settings. This is my in-cockpit section.

OOPS, I was wrong on my camera settings. My freelook reset was set to auto.

Still won't find the update.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

At least it's progress.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

At least it's progress.
    Yes, it is. I still can't get the 1.9.5.0 update, but 1.9.3.0 seems to be working fine, now. Just finished my longest flight since installing, 1:34:40, Sedona to Davis Monthan AFB, in the Cirrus SR-22, and then trying the two landing challenges flown in the Cessna 172. No problems. Gonna stay with what works, for now.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Members who have read this thread: 0