Cfs3 ai radar

Thread: Cfs3 ai radar

Cfs3 ai radar

Hi all. I've downloaded the package but can't open the pdf file with the instructions. I think I've installed it all but don't know how to activate it. Does the exe file go into the main file or the aircraft file?

It can be anywhere. I have a separate folder on desktop, and a shortcut along with my CFS3 install shortcuts. I use a shortcut to open it as win10 doesn't always like non approved exe files 'naked' You start the app just before you start CFS3 app.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I've downloaded the package but can't open the pdf
    Oh, sorry there's lots of options to open a pdf. Seems any internet browser will do it if you don't have acrobat. I can create another type of file if you really need??

As Mongoose said, you can put the A.I.radar.exe program anywhere , just make sure you run it before starting a radar intercept mission. As mentioned in readme, it is important to add A.I.radar.exe to your anti-virus programs exceptions list.

Finally get back to this!! Thanks for the replies. Still nothing though. Will this work on a bog standard install or does it need ETO? I've only got my non-ETO install at the mo. Read the pdf, everything in place, activate exe, launch cfs3, go to Blenheim mission provided, hit the hot keys but zilch happens. Baffled. Maybe something else needed that I haven't got.

When you say nothing, what do you mean> The app won't install on your screen, or you don't see anything in the aircraft? You should have an icon at the bottom of your screen or a small window on the screen if it is installed.

When I click the exe a pic of the Blenheim at night appears with the hotkey guide and the icon is in the toolbar. Into the mission and the radar screens are there in the bomb aimer position but they don't come on when I press alt r and nothing happens when I press shift r or ctrl r.

OK let's look at the aircraft. What aircraft are you using?

The NF Blenheim supplied in the add-on and in both the missions that come with it.

Weird, have you tried it in QC? Fly included Blenheim with no wingman against 1 enemy over Debden airfield during daytime.

Also , I assume you have not changed the shortname in Blenheim xdp.

1. Still no joy. The Blenheim itself is fine and the radar scopes are there but just won't activate. Tried the Defiant and Mossie ai nightfighters too but same result. Radar scope there in the cockpit but just won't come on. Beginning to think I'm missing something really obvious and it's gonna hit me real soon.

sounds like you are being pretty thorough. Have you tried

1)starting cfs3 then minimizing cfs3 before the mission
    2) then starting AIradar and wait for pop-up
    3) starting QC mission

also does ALT-Q work to shut AIradar down?
    Last edited by sdsbolt; August 29th, 2020 at 04:08. Reason: edit hotkey to alt-q

Still no joy. The Blenheim itself is fine and the radar scopes are there but just won't activate. Tried the Defiant and Mossie ai nightfighters too but same result. Radar scope there in the cockpit but just won't come on. Beginning to think I'm missing something really obvious&nbsp; and it's gonna hit me real soon.</li></ol>

sorry, your post is a repeat. Did you try the new steps?

No, that didn't work either. Have replied to your message.

Remind me what install you are using? I am checking over 6+ installs of mine; some work and some don't.

Steve, I've tried your test ai radar. In the output box it said Attached to CFS3 about ten times but cfs3 would crash on starting. The same if I started cf s first. Maybe it's my install. It started off as a standard install but has swelled in size over time with firepower, bob, day plus shed loads of other planes. Even ETO aircraft and effects shoe-horned in there.

Steve, I've tried your second exe now. This time in the output box it said "ai radar started" just once. No effect on the game though. In the Blenheim you go to the AI operator postion, the screens are there but the control keys have no effect, not even the alt q key works. Next time I do a new install I'll try it again. Must be my big mutant install that is preventing it working.

Your install does sound pretty mutated! I have a few which I haven't tried yet. So f

OK, re nationalities, installs and if the ap works

Install -------------------------------Nationalities ------------------------works or not

TOW Era 1** x ----------------------Britain, Germany, USA -------------SJ and BoB Hurri

Combat Flight Sim TEDTOW** -----ditto ------------------------------------ditto

Revised CFS3 basic* x --------------ditto------------------------------------ No

Combat Flight 1939toBoB 3** ------ditto -------------------------------SJ and BoB Hurri

ETO standard x ---------------------NEK multi nationalities ---------------- No

BoB update** x ------------------- BRI, Ger, USA, BRN, Poland ----------- No

CFS3 BoB** x -----------------------as above + more------------------------ No

ETO-TOW 10 era x ------------------as ETO -----------------------------------No

Combat Flight ETOTOW8thAF ------NEK multi nationalities ----------SJ and BoB Hurri

Combat Flight ETO39toBoB --------ditto ------------------------------------ ditto

* Daiwillettis udated CFS3
    ** Non ETO based; often very mixed origin
    x Shaders 30

SJ = radar dedicated ac BoB Hurri is a daytime ac with no radar but just voice control

Interesting. I'm tempted now to make some space and make a new install, put the ai radar and aircraft in that and see if it works.

Mark,
    Doesnt sound like its working at all

Try moving AI_radar_test.EXE into your cfs3 folder and running it from there. you can also try to run as administrator or troubleshoot compatibility .

as mentioned before , with AI_radar_test.EXE , you must start cfs3 then start AI_radar_test.EXE and then start your mission.

Still no joy Steve. Just refuses to co-operate whichever way I try.

Made a fresh new install of cfs3 patched to 3.1a. Guess what? Still no joy. Same result as in old install. Curious. Something to do with win xp or direct x 9.0c maybe? Who knows. Oh well, I've got a fresh new install to play with at least!!

Well sdsbolt is working on an improvement and using the beta, all my installs work. Still in testing stage though so hang on til later.

Members who have read this thread: 0