desktop-icon?

Thread: desktop-icon?

desktop-icon?

feeling bit of stupid right now. Just installed MSFS yesterday evening, let it update and activate via MS-store. Application started and did some first settings. Quit then, because it was to late (old man needs some sleep, right?).

Now I'm sitting in front of my PC and don't find neither an icon on my desktop, nor a entry in my start menu to run it again....

Yeah, it didn't install a desktop icon for me either (maybe because they want us launching it from within the app we purchased it), but I was able to find it in my Start menu under "Recently Added" and right clicked it I believe selected the option to create a desktop shortcut.

In the search bar, you can also try typing "Microsoft Flight Simulator" and it should bring it up too, and you should be able to from there create a desktop shortcut for it.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Yup, found it, thank a lot!!

starting up as I type....

I had the same issue.

My solution - for those slow on the uptake like me

Steps:

1) Open a Run Dialog in Win 10 = "WINKEY+R"
    2) Type : "Shell:Appsfolder" in the box
    3)Navigate to "Microsoft Flight Simulator" and Right Click
    4)Select the option to: "Create Shortcut"
    5)It will likely give you a message that it has to create a shortcut on the desktop - which is okay, as that is what you are trying to do in the first place!!

and ta da! you have a icon on your desktop.

now off to fly, (and crash) trying to master the flight model!

Bill

Tried this one too, works like a charm.....

You can also open Xbox, and right click on the MSFS icon on the left. It will give a dropdown with the option to put a shortcut on the desktop. Of course this only works if purchased through the Microsoft Store.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I don't keep shortcuts on my desktop. If you scroll down the apps list and right-click the icon, you'll get the option to pin it to either the start menu or task bar. I chose the first option and grouped it with three Win-7 games I installed under the banner of "Boredom Relief."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Easy way - just move from list menu to ... desktop . It worked for me.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    My solution for all app's that do this is to start the app and let it open. Right click on the icon on the task bar and select "pin to task bar" Your aall set.

Blog Entries
    This is from Bill Leeming over at AVSIM. It works like a charm. If you have a Steam install follow the link below to the post.

You simply need to create a new desktop shortcut containing the following command - it will launch the program without any of the videos:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3 d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...rtup-for-msfs/
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0