Melbourne Tower

Thread: Melbourne Tower

How did that get through beta testing....

ttfn

Pete

That's why they market the heck out of it - so they can get thousands of people to pay to be beta testers.
    Of course, you also have to have testers who do more than flying around looking for their house.

Disappointing that something like this slipped through in the center of a major city (the 1000-foot-deep Missouri canyon in FSX is a different matter) but I guess attention was elsewhere.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Obviously this will be one of the items fixed by the next sim update (of which there will be monthly).

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Can anyone say "Oops"?
    But is it "Oops"?

The scenery algorithm appears to correctly use the data it is given.
    The only thing you can blame it for is not using more sources to detect anomalies.

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    That's why they market the heck out of it - so they can get thousands of people to pay to be beta testers.
    Of course, you also have to have testers who do more than flying around looking for their house.

Disappointing that something like this slipped through in the center of a major city (the 1000-foot-deep Missouri canyon in FSX is a different matter) but I guess attention was elsewhere.

Horrible! I'm uninstalling right now and asking for my money back. You would never see this in FS9, ever! And X-plane and P3D never, ever, ever had errors. MS your killing me.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Bloody property developers!
    Always ignoring council building codes.......
    Then again, its probably housing our second wave of COVID19 isolation cases.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen79 View Post
    But is it "Oops"?

The scenery algorithm appears to correctly use the data it is given.
    The only thing you can blame it for is not using more sources to detect anomalies.
    I would CERTAINLY call this an "Oops!"
    It is the end result that counts.
    Why is it that this object immediately stands out to any human observer?

When one is pulling data from unreliable sources and any data source that your organization or a contractor does not own is "unreliable", one has to take certain measures to ensure data quality.

Imagine if your system published Telephone numbers for the United States and used written data scanned by OCR as its input.
    If the system then starts publishing 9 digit phone numbers or 12 digit phone numbers just because it is what the input data appeared to be, it would be a pretty worthless system.

- Ivan.

Members who have read this thread: 0