Legacy Aircraft - Page 6
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy Aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Latest Development release of MCX reportedly supports gITF - see here
    Does not support animations, but is an awesome tool for any developer who may have lost their original sources.

Latest Development release of MCX reportedly supports gITF - see here
    I assume that therefore means we can use MCX to (gonna have to change the name) to read MSFS models and paints, and can therefore use it to help test repaints?

It's not so bad using the Hangar, but it's a lot of clicks, having to change liveries and back again, switch to "airplane" mode, check it out, make a change, go through that process again... (especially when you're moving a mouse across a 55" screen back and forth between opposite corners (for some reason F12 doesn't bring up the Liveries option, I'll have to check my key bindings).

Took me 24 hours to create that C-152 repaint, back and forth, back and forth, "where's this section?"; I should notate my template so I know where all the various pieces are in the future... what a mess of a layout.

(P.S. I hate it when layouts "save space" by using reflected textures on both sides. It worked out ok on this one, except for one tiny little place, there's only a few locations reflected on this model (under the rear window, the door hinge screw covers, the doors a couple of others), but I could see it being a problem for some possibilities for this model).

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Could someone help bring Mine and Roberts P-61s into MSFS?? I couldnt understand what needed to be done to do it..
    Pam..
    It's all in the wrist Pam Flies well and all instruments working as they should be after conversion. Not native gLTF format but a port from the MDL file. Can't distribute for obvious reasons, but I'm sure Robert won't mind you having a copy if nobody's already done it for you?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SoH P61.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Blog Entries
    @DC
    I spoke with him the other night. I cant go into details though, but he does know i'm seeking to convert the old model and seems to be ok with it as he has zero interest in ms2020. So, A gentleman here who will also be helping me correct the flight model should it need it, made a basic port over of the mdl. and I installed it. It didnt run.
    Last night he and I got together on discord and I shared my scren with him and we went through the installation. Turns out, My Game Pass installation was using directories that didnt even exist in his store bought version of the premium deluxe version.This told us that there are three separate versions of the game being installed. The Game Pass version can only be upgraded and the Premium Deluxe version upgrade for Game Pass is 89.00 dollars and contains a reduced number of aircraft and scenery's. It installs primarily in app data and a folder called wpsystem. The community folder is in app data. Store bought [rmium deluxe I believe installs where you tell it too.. and doesnt use one of the folders that the game pass version uses ( as we discovered last night. ). That was tellng as my game pass version placed a copy of the plane in a place that didnt exist for my friend. However, Fully converted liveries and aircraft do work, as I discovered by both aircraft and liveries I downloaded from FSAddon. It's only non-converted models that dont work.
    Now; I want my babies in game. I want the P-61Bs and the P-61C's and the RF-61 and the Goose and the Optica, and several others I spent years with developing their flight models. I dont really care for a 787 and well, I'm sorry, I dont like Airbus. So I was faced with one of two choices. I could trash the entire Premium Deluxe Upgrade version of FS2020 and go back to X-Plane, never to see my babies again, Or I could trash the Premium Deluxe Upgrade version and buy the full Premium Deluxe version from Microsoft Store.
    I miss my babies.
    I bought the full Version, even though it will put me into some hardship for the next couple of months.. It should be finished installing by tonight, and then we'll try again..

P.S. So that rumors dont get started: No, Robert has not given me permission to release and distribute an MS2020 version of Our P-61 and I respect that. Should he ever give me permission then I will, since we made a promise to the good people of SOH back in 2010 to do so.

P.P.S. @DC, Your pics make me homesick ::LOL::: Maybe by tomorrow.. If not, I may be hitting you up for the port.

Some great progress has been made with the Legacy Importer tool by Alex Marco, having very good results now. You can dump the .air files and automatically add them into the appropriate .cfg files. It even has 2d gauge conversion (be sure to read the readme).

The latest version is always at the bottom of the files list
    https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftf.../117?tab=files

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Some great progress has been made with the Legacy Importer tool by Alex Marco, having very good results now. You can dump the .air files and automatically add them into the appropriate .cfg files. It even has 2d gauge conversion (be sure to read the readme).

The latest version is always at the bottom of the files list
    https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftf.../117?tab=files
    Yes he's certainly done some incredible work with that tool.

GAS Waco UBF...
    https://i.imgur.com/KeXDACb.jpg
    The GAS A/C seem to do well in FS2020.

Dave Garwood Auster J1...
    https://i.imgur.com/5BqG9fI.jpg
    Very nice over South Wales.

A/C need a little tweaking, but actually are really impressive. I tried the Lionheart F24 but got a "interior mdl is not compatible" error. I used Plane Converter.

62stratfan

If you have the FSX SDK (which is downloadable) you can use MCX to convert P3D MDLs to FSX.

The Auster is really nice, the radio even displays correctly - the only FSX import I've seen doing that!

And the GAS Stearman demo imports well too

I sure wish I knew how to do that. I'd definitely give it a try.

In the meantime, the GAS Fleet is another gem in FS2020...
    https://i.imgur.com/USbtmIn.jpg

MSFS does not support the Configuration Manager, so only the canopied version will show.

62stratfan

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Have a chat with Dean from DC Designs. He's converting his Eagle to this sim!

Priller
    That's great to hear.

The Shackleton converts surprisingly well.

Beautiful! So hopeful we will get back lots of so important and valuable aircraft gems - but looking at this I am very optimistic!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manfred, I think this was one of your favourites...
    Unfortunately only half the instruments work and no VTOL but it looks good (better than P3DV5...)

Click for bigger picture (Can't upload images to SOH again?)
    Cheers
    Keith

I am new to this, and jumped in the deep.

I converted a FSX Native plane
    I used the MSFSLEGACYImporter (latest version).
    Except for the navigation gauges (VOR) and radios, all gauges are working.
    Breaks, flaps and gear are working fine as well, but...

none of the switches are functional (no working click spots). I can't even get the lights to turn on.

Is this a known issue, or is there something I am missing?
    I watched a few youtube videos, but none show nor mention the switches in the cockpit.

Any reply would be highly appreciated.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Manfred,
    it's a bug introduced in the previous patch and not fixed in this one.
    Originally cockpit click-spots worked but were badly positioned and there was one big spot covering the whole cockpit, apparently chosen at random.
    Then they broke it and clicking crashed MSFS.
    Then they fixed it, then they broke it and it's still broken.
    Cheers
    Keith

Manfred, I think this was one of your favourites...
    Unfortunately only half the instruments work and no VTOL but it looks good (better than P3DV5...)

Click for bigger picture (Can't upload images to SOH again?)
    Cheers
    Keith

Oh My Godness! Even if it is not perfect, I am satisfied that this will be possible near future! (included VTOL...)
    Thank you so much for this appatizer! Did you manage it with "Legacy Importer"?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Yes, so far I've just done the '5 minute conversion' - more effort should improve the flight model but I doubt we will ever have VTOL.
    And in fact buying the old girl has pushed me beck to P3D for a while - I resurrected P3DV2 and everything on the Harrier works (V5 not so good)

I've posted 3 comparison videos - same plane, same Welsh valley, 3 sims. The videos illustrate
    a, the differences between the sims
    b, the poor performance of my elderly system
    https://youtu.be/m2m_i--qo6Y
    https://youtu.be/MMcL_tt5-1I
    https://youtu.be/J-UUD25sT9c

There are also videos of the Razbam Harrier in MSFS on my channel, that one does STOL but not VTOL, but even less of the instruments work.
    Cheers
    Keith

Assuming there is no way to get the shackleton? I need one multi engine prop for msfs2020 thats not a turbo unless its the dash 7. I miss the old school flying. Any ideas of anything we can get?

I think it's just an import so if you have the FSX Shackleton you can do it yourself...
    I've imported the First Class Lancaster, I think the Flight Replicas DC4 and Liberator import well, I know the Heron does.
    The A2A Boeing 377 worked for a while.
    There are several old twins too.
    Cheers
    Keith

I'm still hoping for an L-1049 or even the L-1649. With either of those, I might not ever fly anything else!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Manfred,
    it's a bug introduced in the previous patch and not fixed in this one.
    Originally cockpit click-spots worked but were badly positioned and there was one big spot covering the whole cockpit, apparently chosen at random.
    Then they broke it and clicking crashed MSFS.
    Then they fixed it, then they broke it and it's still broken.
    Cheers
    Keith
    Thanks for the reply, Keith.

At least I know I wasn't doing something wrong.

Guess the waiting continues for that fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I'm still hoping for an L-1049 or even the L-1649. With either of those, I might not ever fly anything else!
    I would LOVE to see a Connie in FS2020.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    From FB and DC Designs.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! DC Designs freeware is coming to MSFS!

I'm not impatient, but I am getting fed up with GA only in MSFS.. how is this coming along? Maybe you need more textures...?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I'm not impatient, but I am getting fed up with GA only in MSFS.. how is this coming along? Maybe you need more textures...?
    They're on their way Jan, it's being handled by some very devoted fans who are becoming experts at native conversions of freeware. I've seen their work and it's awesome, full native behavior file coding, PBR, sound, you name it. I believe they have now started on the RF-61 and P-61, or are imminently about to.

ETA: I also have a P-47 Thunderbolt lined up for Q2 2021. So many planes I want to do, so little time...
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Members who have read this thread: 7