Legacy Aircraft - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy Aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    I fully support OzWookie's comments. Straight ports from FSX are easy but heavily lacking in pretty much everything. A full conversion, with necessary improvements, takes a long time - three months for my F-15 Eagles so far, and they're not quite finished yet. More complex aircraft would of course take even longer.

The results are worth it though. I see no real difference between the thousands of purposefully freeware-developed aircraft for FSX, and the ports now appearing in MSFS: for those who have limited finances or simply don't want to pay, ports provide a welcome change to the sim's stock aircraft. A fully native aircraft though is, in comparison, worth its weight in gold, just as it always was, and will be sought out by fans of that aircraft type. The more there are, the more choice there will be, and the more users who will come to our hobby when they find out their favourite aircraft has finally arrived

Yes, Yes...but the REAL question is, when is that YT-1300 going to make it's debut????
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'm obviously completely different to everyone else out there when it comes to this and it was good to get a better gauge of what is considered normal practice. So thanks for a flameless discussion - getting rare in this day and age.

2021 is going to be an interesting year.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Yes, Yes...but the REAL question is, when is that YT-1300 going to make it's debut????
    Ha! Did you know that I actually converted it briefly just to test what it would look like in MSFS - it looked awesome!!

Need to steady the boat in MSFS first though with some serious releases, then I can think about bringing that hunk of junk in
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Ha! Did you know that I actually converted it briefly just to test what it would look like in MSFS - it looked awesome!!

Need to steady the boat in MSFS first though with some serious releases, then I can think about bringing that hunk of junk in

PUH-LEASE! Have you seen that thing IRL?? (movies) it's barely held together with duct tape and couple power converters that even LUKE couldn't screw up! HAHA..... I think any release for MSFS would be in the wheel house of reality.... LOL But, I understand. I was mostly in jest.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I know you're focused hard on the F-15 right now, but just curious... I thought you mentioned a while back you might update your P-61 for MSFS? If I had that along with Dino's MB-339, I'd be content for a good long time.

(Also: I would pay for it, if you've considered a commercial version.)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I know you're focused hard on the F-15 right now, but just curious... I thought you mentioned a while back you might update your P-61 for MSFS? If I had that along with Dino's MB-339, I'd be content for a good long time.

+1 for the P-61

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

OzWookie is involved in converting both the P-61C and RF-61 to MSFS as freeware, not sure on their progress at this time though as he's busy with all sorts of things right now. I'd love to do a commercial version too, but it's some way off at the moment.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

That's awesome news!

OzWookie is involved in converting both the P-61C and RF-61 to MSFS as freeware, not sure on their progress at this time though as he's busy with all sorts of things right now. I'd love to do a commercial version too, but it's some way off at the moment.
    Well once we get this initial release done for the Goose and out the door for Christmas, we're going to try and be organised and setup a calendar of aircraft for the new year. Deano is right that I have a fair amount on my plate and it looks like I've just got another couple goodies put under my Christmas tree maybe so 2021 is going to be a VERY full year.

As Dean is planning on doing a commericial version of the 61, our team will not be doing as complete a make-over as we have with the Goose, however it will still be a full native conversion with full PBR and updated flight model from Pam "warchild" Booker

Some quick crystal ball gazing and MAYBE an Easter Release for the 61s?

Nice!

Thank you

Hope you're having a good holiday

here's another that ports quite nicely: the AH Helldiver
    jk9982

jk9979

jk9984

jk9985
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Anyone had any luck flying legacy planes in VR ?
    The ones i've tried that work any fly fine in pancake mode cause a CTD the moment I try to enter VR.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Anyone had any luck flying legacy planes in VR ?
    The ones i've tried that work any fly fine in pancake mode cause a CTD the moment I try to enter VR.
    Sim crashes for me also with Legacy aircraft in VR

another portover takes to the sky in msfs:
    jk10275

jk10276

jk10271

jk10269
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

So, I just bought myself FS2020 yesterday and of course the first thing I'm doing, before I've even logged 2 hours in the air, is converting legacy models.

I have one question that has been asked a here and not usefully answered. When basically everything works except that the cockpit and gauge glass is opaque or semi-opaque, what's the best thing to replace the glass texture with? So far the closest thing to a helpful answer has been, "I replace it with a texture I know works." What is that texture? I.e. what are the R, G, B, and Alpha values?

The Golden Age Sims planes are a good example. I've converted the Finch and Waco UBF so far, and the only issue is milky windscreen, canopy and gauge glass. How did you guys fix that?

August

I've seen about four different Legacy Importer links. Can someone tell me which one is the best, as I need some legacy aircraft? Also, is there a reason people aren't uploading updated freeware that has been converted? Especially the people who made it originally and are already flying a converted version? I'm inclined to see if I can get the DCB Fokker T.5 in here, now that it's been released. I just don't like flying P3D anymore, because MSFS runs so much better for me and P3D looks kind of like a cartoon to me now by comparison. Ken (Also, does anyone know how to make Firefox leave line breaks in posts?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I've seen about four different Legacy Importer links. Can someone tell me which one is the best, as I need some legacy aircraft? Also, is there a reason people aren't uploading updated freeware that has been converted? Especially the people who made it originally and are already flying a converted version? I'm inclined to see if I can get the DCB Fokker T.5 in here, now that it's been released. I just don't like flying P3D anymore, because MSFS runs so much better for me and P3D looks kind of like a cartoon to me now by comparison. Ken (Also, does anyone know how to make Firefox leave line breaks in posts?)
    Hey champ, no one is posting links because they are not the original developer of the aircraft.

As for converter you want NSFSLegacyImporter: https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftf...lator/mods/117

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    Hey champ, no one is posting links because they are not the original developer of the aircraft. As for converter you want NSFSLegacyImporter: https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftf...lator/mods/117
    My bad, I thought DWG developed the Mossie.

Are there any good tutorials that especially shows how to convert gauges / animations? As soon as it is possible to me understanding how to get my goodies into MSFS, I am sure I will give it a try.
    Oh, how about converting legacy helicopter? Does anybody know if this is possible, please?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Are there any good tutorials that especially shows how to convert gauges / animations? As soon as it is possible to me understanding how to get my goodies into MSFS, I am sure I will give it a try. Oh, how about converting legacy helicopter? Does anybody know if this is possible, please?
    Helicopters don't work yet, as there isn't a helo flight model in the new sim. My understanding is it is coming next year. I know the program OzWookie recommended just above has video tutorial links in the read me, but I don't know if they cover what you're looking for. I'm going to watch those next. Ken

Thank you, Ken!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    My bad, I thought DWG developed the Mossie.
    I did, but I'm not going to upload an imported version. When I do it will be a proper conversion to MSFS native.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I did, but I'm not going to upload an imported version. When I do it will be a proper conversion to MSFS native.
    Now that is excellent news!!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Oh, I didn't know you were going to do one proper for MSFS. Thanks!! It's been one of my favorite warbirds to fly for years. I've used it for recon runs, ball bearing runs from Sweden, low level bomb runs over the mainland, it's a great all purpose airplane. Any chance of an updated Beaufighter as well? (Yeah, I'm pushing my luck )

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Are there any good tutorials that especially shows how to convert gauges / animations? As soon as it is possible to me understanding how to get my goodies into MSFS, I am sure I will give it a try.
    Oh, how about converting legacy helicopter? Does anybody know if this is possible, please?
    from a post from MSFS devs, it was pointing towards helicopters in MSFS will be a payware content addon in the future. This was meet with some push back from a lot of people on various media platforms

who knows?

the only concern regarding these legacy converters that some payware developers may not make the effort to compile MSFS native models but rather use these converters and make rudimentary updates and ask the full quid for purchase. Its a bit of a catch 22 with these mods are we setting ourselves up for failure for a snappy enhancement?

Members who have read this thread: 5