Legacy Aircraft - Page 4
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy Aircraft

Some more tests:

Virtavia B-29, I sort of expected this.:

RealAir Duke V2, even worse:

I posted the outside shot just you can see it was not night time.

Then the RealAir spit, and to my surprise it seamed to work OK.

Like many of the aircraft tested quite hard to control on the grounds and when landing I again ended up like this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 08-31-20 at 08.35 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 08-31-20 at 08.35 PM 001.jpg   Screen Shot 08-31-20 at 08.35 PM 002.jpg   Screen Shot 08-31-20 at 08.35 PM 003.jpg   Screen Shot 08-31-20 at 08.35 PM 004.jpg   Screen Shot 08-31-20 at 08.35 PM 005.jpg  

Screen Shot 08-31-20 at 08.36 PM 002.jpg  
    Last edited by blanston12; August 31st, 2020 at 19:51. Reason: Spelliing
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

One last thing to try, in FSX and P3D if you run the engine too long at 100% it will fail on you and a very dramatic way and I wanted to see if it did the same thing in MSFS

It did!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 08-31-20 at 08.36 PM 002.jpg  
    Joe Cusick

Just to continue a theme, the AH Typhoon. Again just about everything worked but very hard to control on the ground, nosed over just after I loaded the sim with the parking brake set and throttle at idle.

Ending up upside down in a field has become a pretty common way for me to end up when flying these 'Legacy' fighters, this does not happen to me in other sims I promise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ah_typh0.jpg   ah_typh1.jpg   ah_typh4.jpg  
    Joe Cusick

How long does it take you for each plane?
    I think you said the GAS Super Stearman worked very well?

I suppose I should break down and follow the directions...

Nice to see so many models in the new sim, even if they aren't perfect.

I've also been slowly going through my library and have had mixed results.

Metal2Mesh Mirage - Had to bring over the engine.cfg from the Citation before it would even move, otherwise it would remain completely stationary. Difficult to get started, though I can't be sure if that's because I haven't been in it for a few years or what. Hud doesn't work and all the gauges have the triangle clickspot errors, I haven't tried removing them in the panel.cfg yet. It flies like a Citation because of the engine.cfg, I assume. I don't know enough about this stuff to change it (yet).

Lotus Simulations L-39 - I was pleasantly surprised by how well the L-39 worked out of the box. I had some trouble starting the engines, but once I did it was mostly fine. It flies well, maybe a bit more agile with the "Legacy" flight model selected in the options menu, but it was good enough for me to have some fun with. Cockpit sounds don't work because they rely on a .dll, though when I brought my gear up I did hear that and that sound kept looping. Most if not all of the click spots work, which was a first for me.

I very much doubt that either Lotus Simulations or Metal2Mesh will be updating either aircraft for the new sim, but it's fun to dream, right? Maybe the tools will be there for us in the future to make these ports a bit more seamless.

"Ending up upside down in a field has become a pretty common way for me to end up when flying these 'Legacy' fighters, this does not happen to me in other sims I promise. "

Nosing over will undoubtedly be caused by contact points, the CoG not relating to the parameters used in the MSFS world. Try moving them forward in the Aircraft CFG of the pre-converted file. This will effectively move the CoG when on the ground. Then port and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    "Ending up upside down in a field has become a pretty common way for me to end up when flying these 'Legacy' fighters, this does not happen to me in other sims I promise. "

Nosing over will undoubtedly be caused by contact points, the CoG not relating to the parameters used in the MSFS world. Try moving them forward in the Aircraft CFG of the pre-converted file. This will effectively move the CoG when on the ground. Then port and see what happens.
    btw. Bazz any news about first official conversion any Your model to MSFS? Maybe as the first MS893, C140 or this new Zlin 50?

btw.2 Im not sure but MSFS Store will the one place only to buy addon for MSFS? What will happen with Simmarket, PCAviator, ect.?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A few minutes with DXTBMP fixed the tyres and exhaust stack on the AH Spit and Hurricane

Still a few textures to convert though.
    Very pleased with these two

For the Virtavia Islander it's very easy - just follow the instructions and it works.
    I still use the simple python script (no need for virtual studio) but there are good instructions for the converter program here at FSDeveloper
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    btw. Bazz any news about first official conversion any Your model to MSFS? Maybe as the first MS893, C140 or this new Zlin 50?

btw.2 Im not sure but MSFS Store will the one place only to buy addon for MSFS? What will happen with Simmarket, PCAviator, ect.?
    As part of the "proof of concept" approach we are taking with Ctrl/Ezy, we are currently working on bringing the Pucara to MSFS. Once the workflow is to our liking, we will then be able to publish more detail on other product for MSFS. Zlin Z50LS will definitely be there.

MS has always stated that developers will be able to sell their products themselves. We have heard nothing to the contrary as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    MS has always stated that developers will be able to sell their products themselves. We have heard nothing to the contrary as yet.
    Thx for reply, they are some good news!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, there are already some companies that have their products released outside of the MSFS Marketplace, like ORBX, FLYT, Gaya Simulations, Sierrasim and Drzewiecki. In Microsoft's own words, as reported in their July 16th development update:

"The Marketplace will operate under an Agency model, which means that you, as the content creator, will set the price for every piece of content you submit. Becoming a partner doesn’t alter your ability to sell your content on your own websites and storefronts. Just like with FSX, you can continue to sell your content outside of our Marketplace. Becoming a Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace Partner essentially unlocks another channel for you."

Obviously getting an addon product in the MSFS Marketplace will be of a great benefit especially when the XBox version of the sim is released, as it will open up a whole 'nother sector of potential customers.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Another one I've had success with is the Virtavia Islander, again everything except the radios, GPS and A/P display and everything works.

Cheers
    Keith
    Would love to see this one working. I wonder if there is a way to just distribute the needed files to folks who already have the payware?

Don't know if you've seen this thread at avsim but on page 7 Ernie Alston, developer of the KLN-90 used in the Virtavia/Flight1 Islander, gave us a 64-bit version. Works great in P3Dv4+.
    avsim.com/forums/topic/529864-britten-norman-bn-2-islander-for-p3dv4-coming-soon/

I just saw these screenshots that were posted on that Microsoft forum. Definitely got my attention!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	118403871_10224027994307127_2781009883843633747_o.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	78752

Name:	118208884_10224027990107022_6997253428250379727_o.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	78753

NC

Keep an eye on this site. 😊 http://frenchvfr.free.fr/

Btw where can I report bugs in MSFS and his default planes?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Btw where can I report bugs in MSFS and his default planes?
    Top right > Submit a request

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...ight-Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Would love to see this one working. I wonder if there is a way to just distribute the needed files to folks who already have the payware?Don't know if you've seen this thread at avsim but on page 7 Ernie Alston, developer of the KLN-90 used in the Virtavia/Flight1 Islander, gave us a 64-bit version. Works great in P3Dv4+.avsim.com/forums/topic/529864-britten-norman-bn-2-islander-for-p3dv4-coming-soon/
    I can email you two JSON files, that should be all you need...pm me your email.Create the folder structure \Community\Islander\SimObjects\Airplanes\and copy your "Flight One BN-2 Islander" folder into it from an existing installation.Put the two .JSON files into the Islander folderStart MSFSThe Islander SHOULD be there and flyable, I don't know if anyone has tried this before but it should work....Yes, I had that GPS for P3D, it doesn't help for MSFS as the problem is only 3D gauges in the MDL file are supported for now.CheersKeith

A lot of problems, but some small progress on this one:

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

A couple more from that forum. I really hope these conversions can be shared. Piecemeal info so far. NC

Name:	Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.27 - 23.54.12.83.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	78756

Name:	birdie.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	78757

Hey folks, FYI I have written up the process for creating port-overs: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...to-msfs.448744

Theres a few things that I need to update but that's pretty much the process.

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    Hey folks, FYI I have written up the process for creating port-overs: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...to-msfs.448744

Theres a few things that I need to update but that's pretty much the process.
    Excellent. I could have used this two days ago when I was mapping airfile tables to .cfg files myself. But thanks for making the effort to codify and share this process.

Have you tried the Python build.py script to build your layout.json files? Seems way easier then the planeconverter.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Excellent. I could have used this two days ago when I was mapping airfile tables to .cfg files myself. But thanks for making the effort to codify and share this process.

Have you tried the Python build.py script to build your layout.json files? Seems way easier then the planeconverter.
    The each do the same thing and I was using PlaneConverter before the python file was a thing (like it's ancient or something LOL)

Have you got a link for that python file? I'll add it to the page. Also, did you want to include anything onto that master list to help?

build.py is on github as part of the developer files from the A32NX project, here:

https://github.com/wpine215/msfs-a32...e/master/A32NX

Just install Python 3.8.x for W10 on your pc if you don't have it..
    https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.....8.5-amd64.exe

Then drop the build.py script in the top folder of you add-on (where your manifest.json is) and click it To run it. Drops A layout.json in the same folder. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    build.py is on github as part of the developer files from the A32NX project, here:

https://github.com/wpine215/msfs-a32...e/master/A32NX

Just install Python 3.8.x for W10 on your pc if you don't have it..
    https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.....8.5-amd64.exe

Then drop the build.py script in the top folder of you add-on (where your manifest.json is) and click it To run it. Drops A layout.json in the same folder. Done.
    Nice one I'll update the document now.

Members who have read this thread: 7