Legacy Aircraft - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Aircraft

Hi folks, I am new here.
    I came across this thread via google when trying to find out some more information and learn how to import planes as I am not having much luck at all with only the low end/simple planes kind of importing.

I had to register to post as the planes you have all worked on are amazing! Really great work getting them into MSFS.

I will be absorbing as much as I can from the forum but was wondering if there is anyone here that would maybe willing to converse/help with me on a more 1 to 1 level? Perhaps even help on a large rare conversion I'm trying to achieve but failing. (Yes I always jump in the deep end, have not seen it even attempted yet)

I have the aircraft importing, showing in menus, loading onto the runway with a lot of the cockpit appearing whilst not functioning but the outside is totally invisible. My partner has told me it's just stealth...

Loading into modelconverterx there are some errors showing and it fails to save as too detailed I believe.

Thank you to anyone willing to help me learn and look forward to seeing more of your awesome work. Can't wait to be able to do planes to the level you all are and enjoy them in flight.

Keep up the awesome work!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisto View Post
    Hi folks, I am new here.
    I came across this thread via google when trying to find out some more information and learn how to import planes as I am not having much luck at all with only the low end/simple planes kind of importing.

I had to register to post as the planes you have all worked on are amazing! Really great work getting them into MSFS.

I will be absorbing as much as I can from the forum but was wondering if there is anyone here that would maybe willing to converse/help with me on a more 1 to 1 level? Perhaps even help on a large rare conversion I'm trying to achieve but failing. (Yes I always jump in the deep end, have not seen it even attempted yet)

I have the aircraft importing, showing in menus, loading onto the runway with a lot of the cockpit appearing whilst not functioning but the outside is totally invisible. My partner has told me it's just stealth...

Loading into modelconverterx there are some errors showing and it fails to save as too detailed I believe.

Thank you to anyone willing to help me learn and look forward to seeing more of your awesome work. Can't wait to be able to do planes to the level you all are and enjoy them in flight.

Keep up the awesome work!
    It sounds like it might be a payware model with visibility conditions set on the exterior model. If true, your only hope is for MCX to get an update that allows you to export the mdl. A number of people I've talked to have run into this issue.

Not to direct you away from these boards, but the MFS SDK discord server is a good place for instant messaging help; I'd consider asking specifics there if you don't get an answer here https://discord.gg/epmbyyx

Quote Originally Posted by SeeRyFly View Post
    It sounds like it might be a payware model with visibility conditions set on the exterior model. If true, your only hope is for MCX to get an update that allows you to export the mdl. A number of people I've talked to have run into this issue.

Not to direct you away from these boards, but the MFS SDK discord server is a good place for instant messaging help; I'd consider asking specifics there if you don't get an answer here https://discord.gg/epmbyyx
    Thank you very much!

Yes it is a rare payware model and why I'm wanting to keep it as personal as I can but understand I do need help if there is some available. It does load in MCX and looks good but fails to export with the main reason IIRC regarding the poly (or similar) size/amount being too much.

I do have experience of 3d modeling but for 3d printing movie props and replica... also some rc aircraft parts, which means I'm limited in the forms needed or understanding for this kind of work.

TBH I'd love to port over as many planes as I possibly can, I'm so eager to learn. I love FS 2020 and stream it for many hours often daily. More than happy to give credit to those that do help and/or advertise their logo if they have a page or something relating to their work, maybe even this forum if admins would like. least I can do.

I will check out the boards you suggested as well. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum! You probably realize this already, but I'm obligated to say it... What you do with your own payware on your own computer is your business, but just make sure it doesn't leave your computer - at least as far as this board is concerned. Even discussing it via PM could get SOH into legal hot water.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Bisto View Post
    It does load in MCX and looks good but fails to export with the main reason IIRC regarding the poly (or similar) size/amount being too much.
    I haven't used this in a very long time, but perhaps MDLMatXX can achieve what you need?
    http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/beta.htm

Still looks/flies great after almost a decade and a half. A fantastic freeware that can be ported over with little effort.

Last edited by GO_Navy; January 29th, 2021 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Still looks/flies great after almost a decade and a half. A fantastic freeware that can be ported over with little effort.

The original FS2004 version by Kirk Olsson may be a decade and a half old by now but the one you are showing
    here is only a few months old having been rebuilt by Henk Schuitemaker this past August.
    Would be very interested if you would share your layout.json and manifest.json files for this one.
    Also, VERY interested in what you did to get a HUD and the MFD screen working. Nice work!

if you know a fix for the flight replica hispano_ha_1112_buchon gauges wont show help please !
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

The original FS2004 version by Kirk Olsson may be a decade and a half old by now but the one you are showing
    here is only a few months old having been rebuilt by Henk Schuitemaker this past August.
    Would be very interested if you would share your layout.json and manifest.json files for this one.
    Also, VERY interested in what you did to get a HUD and the MFD screen working. Nice work!
    Morning. Thank you for bringing me up to speed in the developmental steps. I agree, I remember flying it in FS9/X but I hadn't touched in in P3D so I had forgotten about all about the developmental updates.

As for .json files, I have no issue sharing but quite frankly, I did not do anything special. This is almost straight out of the box. Very limited changes I made were:

1) Used the most up to date legacy importer (look on the bottom of the page for version O.25) https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftf.../117?tab=files
    2) Add the GENHUD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KY56DMCJCY
    3) Since the fuel tanks and weapons systems/missile rails were not showing up, I used the MCX to remove visibility conditions.

This is super easy, all done in about 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    if you know a fix for the flight replica hispano_ha_1112_buchon gauges wont show help please !
    I do not have that aircraft. I only have FR P-40N and that seems to be fine. I am sure there's nothing MCX cannot fix or replace. That and a video from Alex Marko.

I have not flown it, but I know from others that some FR aircraft have glass material in front the gauges which turns opaque in MSFS. You would need to use MCX to either adjust the material settings to make it transparent again, or delete it entirely to expose the gauge faces. I'm guessing that's the problem you're having.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    GO Navy..... would you please share what your A-7.cfg tweaks are? It would be most appreciated!! NC

NC, in response to you email query, I checked out the A-7 but I am having no issues deploying the spoilers and also no throttle issues. Check reference picture for throttle location and airspeed. You would notice that the airbrake retracts once the gear is extended and that is because the airbrake is in a strange location and would strike ground since it sits lower than the gear.

Spitfire

I may have missed it, has anyone done a MSFS conversion on the Realair Simulations Spitfire..?
    With any screen shots...

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I may have missed it, has anyone done a MSFS conversion on the Realair Simulations Spitfire..?
    With any screen shots...

Thanks..
    It was one of the first ones I did, works really well. There are some aliases in the panel and sounds that you may need to fix, just put all of the folders into the same Airplanes folder and they should alias correctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4h2JQcD8KY

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture_09_03_2020__23_25_59-007658.jpg   118285695_10100230364934428_4297909438665786606_o.jpg   capture_09_03_2020__23_00_46-007639.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SeeRyFly View Post
    It was one of the first ones I did, works really well. There are some aliases in the panel and sounds that you may need to fix, just put all of the folders into the same Airplanes folder and they should alias correctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4h2JQcD8KY

/

Many thanks, nice work...!

Bringing an oldie back to life. New materials and new wings because of mirror texture issues.

Razbam A-7E in VA-86 Paintscheme. Two AIM-9s and with 2 external tanks.

Morning. Thank you for bringing me up to speed in the developmental steps. I agree, I remember flying it in FS9/X but I hadn't touched in in P3D so I had forgotten about all about the developmental updates.

As for .json files, I have no issue sharing but quite frankly, I did not do anything special. This is almost straight out of the box. Very limited changes I made were:

1) Used the most up to date legacy importer (look on the bottom of the page for version O.25) https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftf.../117?tab=files
    2) Add the GENHUD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KY56DMCJCY
    3) Since the fuel tanks and weapons systems/missile rails were not showing up, I used the MCX to remove visibility conditions.

This is super easy, all done in about 10 minutes.
    Thanks for the reply. I just spent half an hour scrolling though the MSFS2020 screen shots thread before I remembered this conversation was here in Legacy Aircraft. Jeez.
    Will give this all a try. But may be back.
    I had tried the files from fafzone.fr but with limited results.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Bringing an oldie back to life. New materials and new wings because of mirror texture issues.

OH I want , Tankerguy. are you doing the S2's also?

Thanks.

Dino does the planes right. Beautiful. All works with the exception of the altimeter but I am sure I can figure that out soon enough.

F-16C Viper (Old Aerosoft Model)

I think I have figured it out. I bought the FR BF-109G6 and was having the same issue as you (no gauges showing and all appeared white). I fixed it using the MCX

1) Import the interior model to MCX
    2) Use the Material Editor and highlight the gauges
    3) Under the Framebuffer Blend, assign One to both values
    4) now highlight the glass on top of gauges and apply step 3

Done in 3 minutes

Results:

I think I have figured it out. I bought the FR BF-109G6 and was having the same issue as you (no gauges showing and all appeared white). I fixed it using the MCX

1) Import the interior model to MCX
    2) Use the Material Editor and highlight the gauges
    3) Under the Framebuffer Blend, assign One to both values
    4) now highlight the glass on top of gauges and apply step 3

Done in 3 minutes

Results:
    Nicely done...! and Thanks for sharing the process.....

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Nicely done...! and Thanks for sharing the process.....

No problem. The same method can be applied to exterior model because that has the same issue.

Before: Observe the cockpit gauges

After: Gauges about 90% fixed

It's a good flying bird.

Members who have read this thread: 7