Dark Grey Screen_Must Hit F10_F11 to See

Thread: Dark Grey Screen_Must Hit F10_F11 to See

Dark Grey Screen_Must Hit F10_F11 to See

Okay,
    To eliminate as many conflicts as possible I install a new CFS2 to build scenery for Normandy.
    Everything is working fine EXCEPT, when I go into MB my screen is dark grey, almost black with just my target screen in the corner.
    I must hit F10 or F11 to actually see my cockpit and scenery.
    Anyone have any solutions or ideas?

Also, when I now search for filelist.dat or *.cdp windows doesn't find the files. Yet, if I go into the folders, there they are. My search is just not finding them.
    I'm thinking a recent update did the wonky on my PC.

DD73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Was there not an issue with MB screen resoloution , Some of the higher later resoloutions did cause problems ,

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    Was there not an issue with MB screen resoloution , Some of the higher later resoloutions did cause problems ,
    Sarg,
    I will check into that. I have my MB PC maxed out on all graphics sliders. Actually ALL sliders are maxed out.
    DD
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Icon5

DD,
    Did you get my Atlantic Wall gun emplacements etc?

I sent them to you last week.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    DD,
    Did you get my Atlantic Wall gun emplacements etc?

I sent them to you last week.

Cheers

Shessi
    Yes, I did and THANK YOU!

I've been substitute teaching non-stop since school started here in Florida.
    Haven't had time to even hear my own thoughts let alone devote time to our hobby here.

I took today and the rest of the week off because 9/11 is our wedding anniversary. I was still active duty military in 2001, so our anniversary was kind of ruined that year and years following.
    This year my wife and I are going to a beach front camping area on the gulf side of Florida for the weekend.

DD

PS
    Shessi,
    I watch a lot of videos of HM Royal Marine Band Service online.
    I noticed on several videos of Beating Retreats the Royal Navy Officers salute during Retreat with palm down, like we do in the States.
    The Royal Marines all salute palm up, which is what I thought all UK military did.
    What is the difference and reason?
    Last edited by Devildog73; September 9th, 2020 at 05:59. Reason: additional question
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Question

Hi DD,
    Re-palms...no idea. I'm sure there's a history lesson there. I always thought that odd, as the Marines have more to do with the RN rather than the Army. I'm sure someone will pipe-up () about it.

I appreciate you've been very busy, but did you get my DDay gun emplacement bgls?

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi DD,
    Re-palms...no idea. I'm sure there's a history lesson there. I always thought that odd, as the Marines have more to do with the RN rather than the Army. I'm sure someone will pipe-up () about it.

I appreciate you've been very busy, but did you get my DDay gun emplacement bgls?

Cheers

Shessi
    Sorry, yes I did get them. I just haven't had opportunity to work on Normandy to add them.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Library Staff
    Hi Lee,

Mission Builder is a temperamental beast. I recommend a separate install with only the required aircraft, ships and DP files in the OBJECTS_DP folder that you need for building Normandy.

Use an empty cfs.gsl file when making new scenery. After completing a particular area, rename the cfs2.gsl to that geographical location before proceeding to a new location with a new empty cfs2.gsl.

MB also has a habit of minimalizing the advanced scenery settings when there are a lot of objects. This needs to be checked. Lastly, save your work often.

I hope this helps,

Kevin

Good call there Kev...

Yes a good way to build and test simply, and not mess up your main install!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Lee,

Mission Builder is a temperamental beast. I recommend a separate install with only the required aircraft, ships and DP files in the OBJECTS_DP folder that you need for building Normandy.

Use an empty cfs.gsl file when making new scenery. After completing a particular area, rename the cfs2.gsl to that geographical location before proceeding to a new location with a new empty cfs2.gsl.

MB also has a habit of minimalizing the advanced scenery settings when there are a lot of objects. This needs to be checked. Lastly, save your work often.

I hope this helps,

Kevin
    Thanks Kevin,
    I will set things up that way when I get home.
    Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Members who have read this thread: 0