Screenshots - Page 239
Page 239 of 278 FirstFirst ... 139189229231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247249 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 6927

Thread: Screenshots

What are you using to make the formation happen , Jan Kees? Beautiful paints!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    What are you using to make the formation happen , Jan Kees? Beautiful paints!
    I do it with FlightControlReplay
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Now that is brillant.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    True, the paint work is buffed up nicely - but I am talking about physical lumps and bumps. Compare the two pictures below. The first is a cropped part of Bomber-12ths screenshot earlier in this thread, the second an in-service F-14 about to trap. Note the bottom edge of the canopy frame, arrowed in green, and how ragged it is compared to the real one. Also arrowed in green is the panel covering the refuelling probe - compared to the real one, the MSFS one looks very battered. These are two examples - you can also compare the dents ( or lack of them ) on the two nose cones.

Yes i see what you mean, Paul, but no matter the superb detailing/texturing and fidelity of a model and no matter if it's a physical model or a digital one, it will never ever look 100% true to the real thing simply because it is a model. That's its purpose if you will, to NOT exactly look like the real thing.

Then there's the fact that your example is a screenshot, NOT the real deal (yes, i think i can say that in this particular case..;-) and also that this sort of thing we're discussing here (afraid i'm gonna have to call it 'rivetcounting', sorry Paul.. ;-) heavily depends on which of the default Tomcat texture sets is used, the weather and lighting in a particular shot when it was uhhh... shot, the angle of the camera and zoom, and last but not least the graphics card that was used to shoot the shot so to say. I bet a sceenshot may turn up sooner or later where the bottom edge of the canopy frame of the Tomcat in question does look nice and straight like as in the photo of the real Cat.

Yes, all the lumps, bumps and dents that may have been accumulated during the life time of a real Carrier Cat (not only Tomcats of course ) may well be seen on a model too, depending on which texture technique was used. And yes, IFE/Heatblur went full blown and fully dressed when it comes to texturing and certainly not only that !

Ok, some may say it might be a little too much but i can certainly say i don't belong to that camp ! I have always been a sucker for photoreal texturing and as i said earlier i think what we see here with the IFE/Heatblur F-14 is THE BEST photoreal texturing sofar in MSFS. All IMHO of course.(remember collensr who thinks that the PMDG DC-6 looks outdated now. That used to be the pinnacle of MSFS modeling.. ;-)

Don't go by a screenshot, Paul, no matter how wonderful it looks, you'll be sold once you have that bad ass Cat putting its dirty claws into your own personal tarmac. That's a promise.
    Last edited by Javis; December 11th, 2023 at 11:01.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Yes i see what you mean, Paul, but no matter the superb detailing/texturing and fidelity of a model and no matter if it's a physical model or a digital one, it will never ever look 100% true to the real thing simply because it is a model. That's its purpose if you will, to NOT exactly look like the real thing.

Then there's the fact that your example is a screenshot, NOT the real deal (yes, i think i can say that in this particular case..;-) and also that this sort of thing we're discussing here (afraid i'm gonna have to call it 'rivetcounting', sorry Paul.. ;-) heavily depends on which of the default Tomcat texture sets is used, the weather and lighting in a particular shot when it was uhhh... shot, the angle of the camera and zoom, and last but not least the graphics card that was used to shoot the shot so to say. I bet a sceenshot may turn up sooner or later where the bottom edge of the canopy frame of the Tomcat in question does look nice and straight like as in the photo of the real Cat.

Yes, all the lumps, bumps and dents that may have been accumulated during the life time of a real Carrier Cat (not only Tomcats of course ) may well be seen on a model too, depending on which texture technique was used. And yes, IFE/Heatblur went full blown and fully dressed when it comes to texturing and certainly not only that ! Ok, some may say it might be a little too much but i can certainly say i don't belong to that camp ! I have always been a sucker for photoreal texturing and as i said earlier i think what we see here with the IFE/Heatblur F-14 is THE BEST photoreal texturing sofar in MSFS. All IMHO of course.(remember collensr who thinks that the PMDG DC-6 looks outdated now. That used to be the pinnacle of MSFS modeling.. ;-)

Don't go by a screenshot, Paul, no matter how wonderful it looks, you'll be sold once you have that bad ass Cat putting its dirty claws into your own personal tarmac. That's a promise.
    Not rivet counting at all, Jan. If a modeller goes to the effort of putting what he believes to be accurate detail into an aircraft, someone else questioning that detail shouldn't be dismissed as rivet counting. That expression is invoked a little too readily.

The rough lower edge of the canopy can be seen in a number of screenshots - and DC designs managed to get a straight edge with their Tomcat. The excessive bump mapping can be seen in other screenshots, particularly behind the cockpit and above the starboard intake - I won't use Bomber 12ths screenshot without his permission, but it's easy enough to find in page 238 of this thread. I've never seen an in-service aircraft that lumpy and dented, or with panels distorted by the fastenings.

That's all I'll say on the matter. As for me buying it, I have no doubt that it's a great model - I've been tempted by the DCS aircraft - but for now, I'm too wrapped up in the JF Vulcan ( older than the Tomcat, and not a single dent on it ).

The Tomcat was built with laser scans and advanced 3D photogrametry. MSFS suffers from rendering panel lines/decals/markings that are part of the texture sheet vs using their decal system; and not being able to render the lines without some aliasing. But I don't think that is what is actually happening here. I'm not seeing what you're seeing...so I'm not sure I understand the issue?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Not rivet counting at all, Jan. If a modeller goes to the effort of putting what he believes to be accurate detail into an aircraft, someone else questioning that detail shouldn't be dismissed as rivet counting. That expression is invoked a little too readily.
    Well, sorry you think so, Paul, it was ment tongue in cheek of course (all i say is ment tongue in cheek more or less... )

That's all I'll say on the matter.
    Good thinking, i'd love to go on about it until MSFS 2024 has been released but this is the Screenshots thread so let's give it a rest.( but not after saying that IMHO the IFE/Heatblur F-14 model is the pinnacle today of MSFS modeling in all departments ! )

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    ...( but not after saying that IMHO the IFE/Heatblur F-14 Just Flight Vulcan model is the pinnacle today of MSFS modeling in all departments ! )
    There you go Jan, I corrected it for you. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Jan Kees - have you found a paintkit somewhere? Or is this just you doodling? Lovely Spitfire, very nice shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    Jan Kees - have you found a paintkit somewhere? Or is this just you doodling? Lovely Spitfire, very nice shot.
    No paintkit, just me playing with the FR textures. Somebody mentioned Sailor Malan to me, and I thought, why not?

I'm really liking this aircraft. Been using it the last few days to fly out of the new Nordic scenery area, to some place where it's not so dark all the time. I'll head back up there at a time of year where I can actually see the scenery. :-)

My only complain about the MU-2 is the autopilot seems a bit stubborn getting it set for what you want it to do.

Forest

Charter Member 2011
    Nice shots, I have the MU-2 and I reckon it looks pretty modern for a 60 year old airframe.
    I also have AP issues but didn't have patience to sort it.

Sunrise in the city by the bay....

Golden hour at the Golden Gate.

Truly A Golden Shot, Mike ! Well done !

Members who have read this thread: 354