Screenshots - Page 171

Thread: Screenshots

I also bought the three Discovery editions (used some Fathers Day gift money ) -- Greece, Egypt and Viking Age.

I have been hoping it proved successful enough for the company to offer a few more eras but so far not heard anything.

Wonderful experience. The only thing that would make it better would be a VR option.

KB

dude.... be still my heart. i never got to see one of these flying a fire. but we did see B-17s when i was a kid. wish the F7Fs from p3d could get moved over hear, for the life of me i cant remeber the guys name who was making those.would be a dream to have a virtual museum in msfs2020,or whatever the update is called, of the working S2T,F7F,,A/B26,TBM,catalina,P2V,and this one.... its actually a dream ive had for years, if i were stupid wealthy, id be buying aircraft and modifying them BACK to airtankers.it breaks my heart that theres not one restord,flying F7F ,even if it just had a fake fiberglass ,but done really well,retardant tank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    I'm not one to tease......

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    I'm not one to tease......
    Hot damn that's looking good. You've obviously made progress since the last time you showed it. It must be something you work on when you're tired of staring at the S2 cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Yes, you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    dude.... be still my heart. i never got to see one of these flying a fire. but we did see B-17s when i was a kid. wish the F7Fs from p3d could get moved over hear, for the life of me i cant remeber the guys name who was making those.would be a dream to have a virtual museum in msfs2020,or whatever the update is called, of the working S2T,F7F,,A/B26,TBM,catalina,P2V,and this one.... its actually a dream ive had for years, if i were stupid wealthy, id be buying aircraft and modifying them BACK to airtankers.it breaks my heart that theres not one restord,flying F7F ,even if it just had a fake fiberglass ,but done really well,retardant tank on it.
    GMAN was bringing the Tigercat to P3D. Milton Shupe built the original F7F for FS9/FSX. Master of modelling. He helped me create my first PB4Y model for FSX and I owe everything Ive learned to him. The F7F is on my ever growing list of models for MSFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Hot damn that's looking good. You've obviously made progress since the last time you showed it. It must be something you work on when you're tired of staring at the S2 cockpit.
    Trying my hardest not to get burnt out on the S2T and wrap it up which is a bit hard when its a one man show. I need to switch off between modeling, texturing and coding to keep fresh and its a bit of breathing time to relax when Im not chasing two toddlers around the house haha.

Hello everyone

For the next paint, I'll try the PC-21. I really want it. I still have to find a good paint.

@ZsoltB I just have a quick question. Can you tell me which scenery you used for screenshots of the DC-3 with winter landscape. Because I find it very adventurous. Thank you very much.

I wish you a nice evening.... Christian (Pirosch)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pirosch View Post
    Hello everyone

For the next paint, I'll try the PC-21. I really want it. I still have to find a good paint.

@ZsoltB I just have a quick question. Can you tell me which scenery you used for screenshots of the DC-3 with winter landscape. Because I find it very adventurous. Thank you very much.

I wish you a nice evening.... Christian (Pirosch)
    Thanks for painting this aircraft. I look forward to seeing your creations.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Southwestern Peru, heading for Chilean coast.

Heading south along the coast of Chile.

Forest

I'm nearly finished this one, the fine details are really tough on this one though, the mapping on this model is difficult for hand painters, not sure of the file system either. Maybe I'm referring to the wrong LOD? I'm finding this one difficult. But nothing like a good challenge eh? I have to remind myself sometimes...patience...breathe...maybe tomorrow.

Image6 by Doug Smith, on Flickr

RR01 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

RR02 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

RR04 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

After working on this one for nearly two months, most of the time just trying to get all the different panel variations right, my repaint of the Dakota Territory Air Museum's P-51D "Miss Kitty III" for the Asobo/Microsoft P-51D is now available on Flightsim.to

The aircraft is painted in the markings of a P-51K that was assigned to the 75th Fighter Squadron, 23rd Fighter Group, based in the China-Burma-India Theatre of World War Two, flown by Distinguished Flying Cross recipient Capt. John D. Rosenbaum. Restored by Casey, Haley and Brady Odegaard, Odegaard Wings, and AirCorps Aviation, "Miss Kitty III" is one of a number of modern Mustang restorations in which the goal was to present the aircraft looking as it would have from the factory and in combat in 1944/45, completely unpolished, and displaying an imperfect original factory finish. From the factory, the various aluminum panels across the airframe would be either shiny or dull based on the manufacturing process. Every time a metal sheet would be stamped in a press or rolled to form a curve, tiny imperfections would be left in the metal, thus dulling the surface. Where there was spot welding, a metal-etching acid was also brushed onto the metal to purify the surface, thus leaving bright marks around areas of the panels where spot welding occurred. Also, as per original factory process, the wings are painted silver. This was done as a result of North American Aviation using putty to fill the panel lines, rivets and screws around the leading edge half of the wing, and sanding the surface smooth in order to maximize the efficiency of the wing. This was a process that North American used on all wartime Mustang production, so when the switch came from camouflage paint to bare metal, they finished by painting the wings dull silver in order to match the bare metal finish of the fuselage.

Once again, the cockpit, gear wells, landing gear and gear doors, prop textures, etc., have all been custom-made to match the real world restoration.

Note the black stripe on the tailwheel doors looks a bit "funky" when the gear is raised, but this is 100% accurate. The reason for this is because they were painted with the gear down/doors open, parked on the ground, so the stripes on the tailwheel doors are aligned to the fuselage/tail stripe only when the gear is down/doors open.

Miss Kitty is very pretty!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Heading down the coast towards a landing at Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (SCEL) at Santiago, Chile.

Forest

[QUOTE=Bomber_12th;1302256]After working on this one for nearly two months, most of the time just trying to get all the different panel variations right, my repaint of the Dakota Territory Air Museum's P-51D "Miss Kitty III" for the Asobo/Microsoft P-51D is now available on Flightsim.to

The aircraft is painted in the markings of a P-51K that was assigned to the 75th Fighter Squadron, 23rd Fighter Group, based in the China-Burma-India Theatre of World War Two, flown by Distinguished Flying Cross recipient Capt. John D. Rosenbaum. Restored by Casey, Haley and Brady Odegaard, Odegaard Wings, and AirCorps Aviation, "Miss Kitty III" is one of a number of modern Mustang restorations in which the goal was to present the aircraft looking as it would have from the factory and in combat in 1944/45, completely unpolished, and displaying an imperfect original factory finish. From the factory, the various aluminum panels across the airframe would be either shiny or dull based on the manufacturing process. Every time a metal sheet would be stamped in a press or rolled to form a curve, tiny imperfections would be left in the metal, thus dulling the surface. Where there was spot welding, a metal-etching acid was also brushed onto the metal to purify the surface, thus leaving bright marks around areas of the panels where spot welding occurred. Also, as per original factory process, the wings are painted silver. This was done as a result of North American Aviation using putty to fill the panel lines, rivets and screws around the leading edge half of the wing, and sanding the surface smooth in order to maximize the efficiency of the wing. This was a process that North American used on all wartime Mustang production, so when the switch came from camouflage paint to bare metal, they finished by painting the wings dull silver in order to match the bare metal finish of the fuselage.

Once again, the cockpit, gear wells, landing gear and gear doors, prop textures, etc., have all been custom-made to match the real world restoration.

Very nice John!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Miss Kitty is very pretty!
    Indeed she is! Nice work John!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Mirage 2000C in action

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Mirage 2000C in action
    Superb !
    Where can we download this plane ?
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

Testing after the update and several problems:

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

VF74 (001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

VF74 (003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

VF74 (005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

VF74 (006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Cf-104

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (750).jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	89076

CAF Starfighter RTB CFB Cold Lake tonight

Superb repaint by Richard Louis

Quote Originally Posted by zetar View Post
    Superb !
    Where can we download this plane ?

While I am happy with the progress on the exterior, I have not had time to figure out 3d gauges. I have the HUD and the Map working using the Asobo html gauges but once I get some custom built operating 3d gauges for the VC, I will be getting close to making it public.

There is a portover Metal2Mesh version from FSX that works ok too if you need the jet immediately.

wonderful textures yet again, Richard.

But I'm amazed at the amount of scratches on the cockpit windows. For a fighter pilot, having a clear field of vision would be all important I should think? It's something that struck me in other models as well..

Members who have read this thread: 344