Screenshots - Page 211

Thread: Screenshots

Y6 (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Y6 (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Y6 (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

A little morning flight around Sleap Airfield, Shrewsbury.

Built a new system and for first time I'm able to fly in ultra settings. Beautiful shots, everyone!

1250410_20230726221355_1a by Robert Rivera, on Flickr

1250410_20230726223049_1a by Robert Rivera, on Flickr

1250410_20230726223200_1a by Robert Rivera, on Flickr

1250410_20230726223024_1a by Robert Rivera, on Flickr

1250410_20230726221628_1a by Robert Rivera, on Flickr

wonderful shots, everybody!

JG77 (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JG77 (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JG77 (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Really enjoying the new World Update, sometimes I forget how spoiled we really are.

Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

nice shot, Zsolt!
    Cool paint on the Comanche too, and Richard, your shots are the best as ever!

JG77 bl2t (0010) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Great shots chaps, as well as skins

Great repaints, Richard and Tim!

I can see some of my work in all three of the Bf 109 repaints shown on this page, so I don't know if I can compliment those too? It might just be a prop spiral texture here, stencils there, throw in the modified tailwheel and exhaust baffle textures, etc., but it was all days worth of work on my end.

The only "bad guys" are people who "borrow" from others without asking permission. Don't feel bad for wanting to be recognized for your effort.

Edit: Well, you've edited your post since I replied, by my point still stands.

John,

the wip shots of the first two still used your spinner, but that has been changed, as the originals had a different shape of the spiral.
    I used your stencils for inspiration, but redid all of them, also based on info I had and added some of my own.
    As for the exhaust baffles and tailwheel, to be honest, I'm not sure what I used for those, I thought they came from the paintkit and original files, but they could be yours?

My current problem is that MSFS freezes during loading after I press 'fly', so I can't take any more screens of the current status of these paints, or see what I did in the end, really annoying.
    If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful if you can share them. Otherwise, it's probably going to be a re-install, groan...

I've uploaded the three paints as they are now.
    John, if you still see stuff from your end, please let me know, and I'll change them, OK?

JG77 bl2t (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JG77 bl2t (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    My current problem is that MSFS freezes during loading after I press 'fly', so I can't take any more screens of the current status of these paints, or see what I did in the end, really annoying.
    If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful if you can share them. Otherwise, it's probably going to be a re-install, groan...
    Almost never necessary to do a reinstall because everything should be isolated to your Community folder. So unless you've altered files in the base game I don't think there is any benefit to doing that.

Move everything out of your Community folder and try to launch the sim again. If everything works fine, you've got a conflict with some of your addons.

John, if you still see stuff from your end, please let me know, and I'll change them, OK?
    My modified cockpit texture (with cannon fairing placard), my modified prop textures (with modded color and added stenciling), the port-side flap position stencil, etc...

I really don't care, but at the same time, would it have been too difficult to message me asking to use or copy those details? It may look like simple work when it's done and there, but so much of that stuff took me hours or days to make or position just right.

At least it's not like the repainters who have taken my FlyingIron Spitfire repaints, changed the markings a little bit, and re-released them as their own (has happened three times so-far), or the guy that did the same with one of my Beech 18 repaints. At least to-date, no one seems to have attempted it with any of my repaints for the Asobo P-51 (far too complicated, I suspect), though it's also the reason I haven't released a factory-fresh version, as I would otherwise like to.

Danny, I like the looks of that '109 with Alfred Grislawski/JG50 markings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    ...At least it's not like the repainters who have taken my FlyingIron Spitfire repaints, changed the markings a little bit, and re-released them as their own (has happened three times so-far), or the guy that did the same with one of my Beech 18 repaints. At least to-date, no one seems to have attempted it with any of my repaints for the Asobo P-51 (far too complicated, I suspect), though it's also the reason I haven't released a factory-fresh version, as I would otherwise like to.
    This practice is very common among the new crowd of enthusiasts. In painters discords I've been in, there are so many with questions on how to edit someone else's paints to get what they want added. The Composite file in MSFS or Roughness/metallic file in DCS and other sims and the normal maps, takes a lot more time to create than ultimately the actual painted parts file does. This is a major rason I've not uploaded most of my stuff. I simply don't want people taking stuff and never giving any credit to original authors. The exception is with the stuff released with the developers as part of the core sim. That way it's documented at least with credit.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

@Jan: Reverting to DX11 rather then some 12ish beta stuff did it for me! Don't ask.....
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

Members who have read this thread: 354