be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Dave43H View Post
    any chance someone might have a look at the foresthill bridge northeast of Auburn calif?..id love to see how it might look in this new sim...the bridge is almost due east of the auburn airport KAUN
    this is from the confluence of the middle and north forks of the american river
    Hi Dave,

This area is not covered by photogrammetry, so it is all AI-crafted. It's not the best, but an AI-generated version of the bridge is in the sim.

Here is the nearby waterfall (details like this are really fun to find).

Here is the Auburn Airport. Many of the airport buildings/hangars are still missing so I will go ahead and send a report on it to Zendesk. There are several airports that I like to fly to around Minnesota that are still missing buildings/hangars as well, but they are aware of it via the Zendesk reports I've sent and these should be added in the coming monthly updates.

Another view looking toward part of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Seeing those screenshots, I can only say "who needs ORBX?"
    I agree, and especially if all they're going to do is repackage what they've already made for FSX/P3D, without redoing the models and textures to take advantage of the capabilities supported now in this sim.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    I'm using FRAPS. Not figured out how to in sim yet.
    I highly recommend looking for a program called OBS.

Only issue is if you are trying to use it with a laptop with one of those dual GPU setups, basically, for the laptop screen, it pretty much defaults screen capture to the MB GPU and you have to do some workarounds to get it to record from the dedicated GPU (if there is one). The best way is to hook up a separate display, separate screens are typically set up to use the dedicated GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I agree, and especially if all they're going to do is repackage what they've already made for FSX/P3D, without redoing the models and textures to take advantage of the capabilities supported now in this sim.
    I second that, and by the way, if your into ORBX, DO NOT buy the london scenery pack, it's basically recycled stuff from older sims and is much worse than the default scenery.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

My small contribution to FS2020 Screen captures

Flight over Cuernavaca MX.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator 8_19_2020 4_18_05 PM.jpg   Microsoft Flight Simulator 8_19_2020 4_19_45 PM.jpg   Microsoft Flight Simulator 8_19_2020 4_21_02 PM.jpg   Microsoft Flight Simulator 8_19_2020 4_21_44 PM.jpg   Microsoft Flight Simulator 8_19_2020 4_22_45 PM.jpg  

Flying up the Tazman Glacier. Mt. Cook in the clouds on the left.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Foggy morning and late evening farm strip flying in Minnesota. No addons, no editing.

See some ORBX remarks... based on...???

See for yourselves and judge: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...-post-release/

Marcel

I saw elsewhere it was mentioned that ORBX stated yesterday they will be releasing an update to their London City Landmarks product to improve on it following a lot of negative critiques about the poor quality compared to the world landmarks modeled by Asobo, which are incredibly intricate and detailed in this sim.

I love that people think developers can just snap their fingers and... "poof".... "there, all done, on to the next".
    The sim has been out officially for two days.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I love that people think developers can just snap their fingers and... "poof".... "there, all done, on to the next".
    I agree, but then they shouldn't release stuff that is just revamped from older versions.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

I think that a lot of people here would like to see your Mustangs in this sim! Just sayin'!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Alice Springs! Looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I agree, but then they shouldn't release stuff that is just revamped from older versions.

Priller

I picked up LOWI from ORBX to see how it would look in the new sim. Discounted as a previous owner of this area in FSX. At first there was a huge frame hit, but after a few minutes the framerates came back to normal with smooth flying. it looks very good but at first glance, it appears as just a port over from their FSX products. So time will tell what they do to improve on these. As good as the base 2020 sim is, there are many of my favorite airports lacking in detail. Milford Sound, Edwards AFB, Juneau, Catalina Avalon... to name a few. As the screen shots show, the natural world is spectacular.

-d

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    To be fair though, the night lighting and detail of the London landmarks addon which was for sale on day one of msfs release - it is really bad.

I bought it and assumed it would be up-to-date from the screenshots available on the download page - I was mistaken!!

I would've thought Orbx was on the beta, so had longer than a few hours to put that together......

Glad to hear it'll be updated to fit in better.

Getting myself lost exploring just a little section of Namibia, which is just stunning no matter where you go.

A few more from Namibia:

Hello john,well auburn looks a ton better than in the past simulators ive had over the years,and atleast there is a bridge there! lol.thank you much for the screen shots.can i ask for one more set?
    i now live in Stockton Ca,im in a marina called riverpoint landing marina and rv park,4950 Buckley Cove Way.there are three marinas out here all grouped together,Riverpoint,Ladds and the stockton sailing club,and there is a public boat launch between us and ladds.could you do me a few of this buckley cove area,the upriver(south really)to the port of stockton, and a few of the surrounding delta areas? believe it or not,there have been several times that float planes have landed on the stockton deep water channel..the reason i find it odd they do is how busy with boat traffic it usually is.
    Buckley cove

the port

the delta,San Joaquin river delta
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails port.jpg   home.jpg   the delta.jpg  

Here are some screenshots from the areas you asked about, Dave. The marinas sometimes don't always show up very well due to the auto-generated water masking, and unfortunately most of the marina detail in Buckley Cove is masked in water. As long as an area like this is reported to Zendesk, there is always some hope that it might eventually be hand-edited and updated in the future.

No words....

Very nice shot, DVJ! I was really amazed at just how detailed the Egyptian pyramids and surrounding structures are depicted. The same applies to all of the hand-modeled "points of interest" that Asobo modeled themselves throughout the world scenery. Standing underneath the Eiffel Tower for instance, and looking up at all of the intricate structure is just fantastic.

Here are some late evening/night shots. Note in some of the screenshots the reflections of the ground lighting on the bottom surfaces of the aircraft. On some buildings at night, you'll actually see a window or two where it looks like someone is watching TV inside with the lights off, with a blue-lit room and the level of light changes/flickers.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Not too bad I guess....

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Here are some screenshots from the areas you asked about, Dave. The marinas sometimes don't always show up very well due to the auto-generated water masking, and unfortunately most of the marina detail in Buckley Cove is masked in water. As long as an area like this is reported to Zendesk, there is always some hope that it might eventually be hand-edited and updated in the future.

Thank you much John,that all looks pretty doggone good to me.the end of the dock where my boat is actually tied up isnt there though..lol..but thank you sir

A few more from Namibia:

Breathtaking shots! Always wanted to go there.

Members who have read this thread: 344