Screenshots - Page 48
Page 48 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3840414243444546474849505152535455565898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 6712

Thread: Screenshots

Dreidecker Action Over Hahnweide Part 2

My goodness John, looks like it is right out of a movie. Looks like I have some catch up to do with importing Legacy aircraft.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

4 Shots from a VATSIM flight, departed of a foggy EDDK to end up at EHAM:

Marcel

Nice TBM...

jk0624
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Nice TBM...
    Yes, the RNLAF bought some, to flew the crew's around of the new A330 MMRT/MMF tankerfleet.

Marcel

Goodwood to Headcorn Part 1

Goodwood to Headcorn Part 2

Stop posting real pics John!

Here's a few from the highly modified and experimental Savage Monster lol

(These are two uncharted airports at flightsim to - search for YellowJacket and Wiley Ranch - they are real strips though!)

Untitled-3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-5 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    Untitled-8 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-9 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-10 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Hello John,
    Very nice trip and pictures!!!
    I suppose this is the RealAir Spitfire, how does it behave in MSFS2020?
    Cheers,

Stéph.

It is indeed the RealAir model ported-over (an okay stopgap until the MSFS-native AH Spitfire - Spitfires hopefully). Having done no modifications whatsoever, it flies perfectly well using the Modern flight model setting. It is much easier to handle on takeoff than the recently released Carenado WACO. I actually think it might handle even more accurately in MSFS than in FSX/P3D - you can get the tail up quite fast in the takeoff roll in MSFS, just like the real Mk.IX Spitfire, and it is also easy to nose over if you come down on the brakes while taxiing, just like the real thing (I don't remember that being the case in FSX/P3D). Also, if you're flying it on a cross-country like I did, you can never let go of the stick for very long before it will start diverging in one direction or another, which is exactly what I've heard described of flying the real thing. Peter Teichman, who has owned Spitfires, a Hurricane, P-40 and P-51, once commented that the Spitfire was his least favorite of those four types to take on long trips for that reason. You can never trim it for completely hands-off flying, and it handles that way in MSFS. I however haven't done any rolls or inverted maneuvers with it yet, so I will have to check that the next time I fly it to see how it handles in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Here's a few from the highly modified and experimental Savage Monster lol

(These are two uncharted airports at flightsim to - search for YellowJacket and Wiley Ranch - they are real strips though!)
    Very nice screenshots, Ryan! I will have to check to make sure I have those sceneries installed too. I was just flying around with that Savage Cub repaint yesterday as well.

BTW, I have been making sure to install each repaint you've been releasing - all are fantastic!

It is indeed the RealAir model ported-over (an okay stopgap until the MSFS-native AH Spitfire - Spitfires hopefully). Having done no modifications whatsoever, it flies perfectly well using the Modern flight model setting. It is much easier to handle on takeoff than the recently released Carenado WACO. I actually think it might handle even more accurately in MSFS than in FSX/P3D - you can get the tail up quite fast in the takeoff roll in MSFS, just like the real Mk.IX Spitfire, and it is also easy to nose over if you come down on the brakes while taxiing, just like the real thing (I don't remember that being the case in FSX/P3D). Also, if you're flying it on a cross-country like I did, you can never let go of the stick for very long before it will start diverging in one direction or another, which is exactly what I've heard described of flying the real thing. Peter Teichman, who has owned Spitfires, a Hurricane, P-40 and P-51, once commented that the Spitfire was his least favorite of those four types to take on long trips for that reason. You can never trim it for completely hands-off flying, and it handles that way in MSFS. I however haven't done any rolls or inverted maneuvers with it yet, so I will have to check that the next time I fly it to see how it handles in that regard.

I would like to have bought the RealAir Spitfire, but I guess that isn't possible now... NC

Oban to Tiree. The latter looks great as an abandoned airfield, but it's not irl.

It is indeed the RealAir model ported-over (an okay stopgap until the MSFS-native AH Spitfire - Spitfires hopefully).
    The RealAir Spitfire does, indeed, port over nicely. However, although it is flyable immediately, I found I have had to do more tweaking of its flight model than any other warbird to get it flying like I think it should. It sounds like John would agree with me that its flight model in FSX and P3D was a little too pleasant and forgiving. But I found that in MSFS it swung too far the other way, especially with the instability and crosswind sensitivity that seem to be endemic to the MSFS flight model. I try to fly my imports in Modern mode with as few edits as possible, but with the Spits I had to switch to Legacy and tweak a bunch of things in the cfg file before I was happy with both the ground and air handling. I even defined two different joystick profiles with different aileron sensitivity, one for the fabric aileron Spits and the other for metal.

It is now one of my favorite MSFS port-over warbirds, just as it is in P3D, where I was even motivated to get out the old skinning tools and create a few dozen skins like the below.

John, I don't know if you have started skinning specifically for MSFS yet, but if so, have you happened to notice that MSFS does not immediately reflect the edits you've made to your skins, even when you close the sim and restart it? This drove me crazy for a while, but eventually I concluded that MSFS is caching the aircraft skins somewhere, and as long as you don't change the folder structure, it doesn't load your edited skin. The only way I've found to force it to load an edited skin is to change the name of the texture folder and edit the aircraft cfg to point to the new folder, then rebuild the layout.json. Turning off the rolling cache doesn't help; I guess that's not where it caches skins. I haven't looked whether there's something in the developer mode menus that forces it to refresh the entire plane.

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator 1_18_2021 4_15_12 PM.jpg   Microsoft Flight Simulator 1_18_2021 4_26_45 PM.jpg  

Hello John and August,
    Many thanks for all these useful informations!!!
    I sill try to import it as soon as I have installed MSFSF2020 as it was one of my favourite airplane in FSX, especially with Marcel Ritzema wonderful repaints available here at SOH!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    John, I don't know if you have started skinning specifically for MSFS yet, but if so, have you happened to notice that MSFS does not immediately reflect the edits you've made to your skins, even when you close the sim and restart it? This drove me crazy for a while, but eventually I concluded that MSFS is caching the aircraft skins somewhere, and as long as you don't change the folder structure, it doesn't load your edited skin. The only way I've found to force it to load an edited skin is to change the name of the texture folder and edit the aircraft cfg to point to the new folder, then rebuild the layout.json. Turning off the rolling cache doesn't help; I guess that's not where it caches skins. I haven't looked whether there's something in the developer mode menus that forces it to refresh the entire plane.

August
    With port overs, the textures are cached in the CVT folder that's automatically created. Just delete that each time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    With port overs, the textures are cached in the CVT folder that's automatically created. Just delete that each time.
    Aha, very good to know! Thank you for that nugget.

August

Members who have read this thread: 347