Screenshots - Page 258
Page 258 of 278 FirstFirst ... 158208248250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266268 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 6927

Thread: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Not sur about what Maho means but that DC-6 never looked better indeed ! Nice screenie, Carl !

( we are blessed aren't we.. ;-)
    If I'm not mistaken, that's the Sunset Bar and Grill on the left in the background, which sits at the south end of Maho Beach, which in turn, sits just on the other side of the fence behind the end of Rwy 9 at TNCM.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that's the Sunset Bar and Grill on the left in the background, which sits at the south end of Maho Beach, which in turn, sits just on the other side of the fence behind the end of Rwy 9 at TNCM.
    Ach.... my own former Queen's airport...should i feel ashamed ?.... nah, not really... it's her grandson that's King now anyway. Like his grandfather he *does* have a pilot's licence but i believe his precious Fokker70 might be grounded due to government cut back. I don't know about the Sunset Bar and Grill, Maho Beach and other side of the fence behind Rwy 9 but i *did* know the airport is called Princess Juliana (because around that time she handed over her crown to her daughter Beatrix) on the island of Sint Maarten part of the Dutch Antilles.

Thanks Tom.

Charter Member 2011

Remember... you saw it Heah, First!

No, i saw it first in "Cowboys and Aliens" ! With good old Harrison Ford and Daniel Graig. Kind of a pretty silly movie. (these big insect things stopped in the air and pulled people on board on a string to eat....how silly is that !? ...btw, seen that before too... )

Yes, i know it's a different breed.This mechsect is from a new 'Dune',right ? I saw 'Dune' many many years ago. I believe with a guy called 'Sting' ?.... No insect like creatures in that one, more like big earth wurms or something. I do like the design of that thing (but i'm not sure about the flight dynamics.. i mean, rotor blades going up and down ??.... Has been tried before. We all know how that went: https://youtu.be/Mm-cIUEzKr4?si=df0FTgWjMVGpv4xq LOL)

What is this anyway ? A game ? A movie ? A game *and* a movie ?

Thanks Wing_Z

Charter Member 2011
    Heh... just a bit of silliness that came along with a whole RAFT of updates today.
    I confess I have not tried the Maverick or other challenges as yet, but when I saw Dune in the cinema I knew I had to have an ornithopter!
    Flying it in the sim is waay more agile than a whirlycopter.

I suspect we will see more of this type of symbiosis, as gaming blends with augmented realities blends with traditional entertainments.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    No, i saw it first in "Cowboys and Aliens" ! With good old Harrison Ford and Daniel Graig. Kind of a pretty silly movie. (these big insect things stopped in the air and pulled people on board on a string to eat....how silly is that !? ...btw, seen that before too... )

Yes, i know it's a different breed.This mechsect is from a new 'Dune',right ? I saw 'Dune' many many years ago. I believe with a guy called 'Sting' ?.... No insect like creatures in that one, more like big earth wurms or something. I do like the design of that thing (but i'm not sure about the flight dynamics.. i mean, rotor blades going up and down ??.... Has been tried before. We all know how that went: https://youtu.be/Mm-cIUEzKr4?si=df0FTgWjMVGpv4xq LOL)

What is this anyway ? A game ? A movie ? A game *and* a movie ?

Thanks Wing_Z
    I remember the huge worms. I read the first four books. After 4000 yrs I got tired of the series and stopped. Sort of like Martin's Lord of the Rings. I read the first two or three books. I got tired of all the people I liked getting killed, so I stopped. Never did watch the HBO series.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Charter Member 2011
    I am not seeing enough screens of the Dune Ornithopter, presumably the erudite members of SOH are too wise to trash their sim by installing it.
    So let me share these from within my ruined sim

It is extremely agile, this bird, and can zoom, dive, and stop as if meeting a brick wall.

And, perhaps one can go for a more Dune-like look and hope your mission will succeed!

It has an astonishingly large cabin for just three people.
    In fact it is overall astonishingly large.
    Perhaps Ornithoptery is not quite as efficient as conventional earthly aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    I am not seeing enough screens of the Dune Ornithopter, presumably the erudite members of SOH are too wise to trash their sim by installing it.

It is extremely agile, this bird, and can zoom, dive, and stop as if meeting a brick wall.

And, perhaps one can go for a more Dune-like look and hope your mission will succeed!

Perhaps Ornithoptery is not quite as efficient as conventional earthly aircraft?
    Not interested.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Not interested.

Cees
    I concur. IMHO, this is tarnishing the sim. It's a flightsim, not some sci-fi game.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

The grapes are sour this morning..

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I concur. IMHO, this is tarnishing the sim. It's a flightsim, not some sci-fi game.

Priller
    Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Not interested.

Cees
    Ahh, c'mon Cees, don't be such a blunt dutchman

The grapes are sour this morning..
    Greetings from Ye Olde Coot!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I'll give it a try, Wing_Z. Thanks. Didn't know about this thing, haven't seen MSFS for a couple days. It really looks like a dragonfly. Other than spiders i really love these amazingly beautiful insects. I bet the creator of this thing had a lot of fun working on it.

It has an astonishingly large cabin for just three people. In fact it is overall astonishingly large.
    Yeah, scale intricacies are well known in flight simulation, just as well as in sci-fi. The mechsect from C&A i was refering to hauls people on board on the go to serve as diner for the crew. These guys are 3 times as big as Daniel Graig or Harrison Ford. Their insect spaceships must be the size of an average airliner you'd think. Here's one that crashed. Enough room for a couple of gnomes but that's it. (also note the nice led lighting to lively up the wings. Typical insect-like of course :

Btw, these wings flap about with immense speed just like that of the Dune bug. Maybe they confuse the air particles around them to such extend that the particles think "oh, what the hell.."

Greetings from Ye Olde Coot!
    Priller

Blog Entries

Priller
    I just ignore "weird" things or gimmicks in MSFS. I haven't tried the Halo lander, or the Top Gun stuff, and I don't plan on trying this bug.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Priller
    Variety is the spice of life. ; )

Allow me to say one thing before we get back to posting screenshots...

It's a game and a simulator. If you practice procedures in a realistic reproduction of a real aircraft, then you're using it as a simulator that happens to include gaming elements in the code. If you're flying the Scrapyard Monster into Oshkosh, or zipping through the Grand Canyon as low as you can in a Pitts, then you're using it as a game that has simulator elements in the code. Bottom line is that it is what you make of it. Things like the Pelican, the Ornithopter, the Bentwing Bird from AH... These fictional elements will always be popular with the "game" side of the room and reviled by the "sim" side. That doesn't mean that one side is wrong or the other side is right. It just means that MS and Asobo produced a program that has the versatility to do more than one thing.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    And don't forget that it is also a Sandbox type game, where you can do whatever you like to do.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I can't wait to fly this! I'm waiting for them to fix the issues first, though. I'm not nearly as anal retentive as the rest of the crowd. One of the things I've always loved about flight sim is the ability to fly anything in it. If I live long enough to retire I plan to model many planes that never left the drawing board for flight sim and some "sci-fi" designs that currently only live in my head. Because, for me, Flight Sim is also about having fun and I intend to do just that.

Having said that, Jan, whose B-24 is that?

Ahh, c'mon Cees, don't be such a blunt dutchman

Members who have read this thread: 354